You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
jisc

Carriers are not good for the game

212 comments in this topic

[K-H]
Players
5 posts
5,785 battles

With the problems associated with carriers the presence of carriers in the game had been severely reduced to the point where I only saw carriers in maybe 1/10 games.  Now I suddenly see them in 1/2 games and I'm noticing how it's severely impacting my enjoyment of the game. For me carriers add nothing positive to the game, they do however add lost of frustration. I don't see this changing with this rework. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

[NWP]
Players
3,533 posts
5,870 battles

Im not sure what ships you are playing (too lazy to check), but atleast from a spotting point of view, CVs most likely will be heavily nerfed with the rework. With only 1 squad at a time, you pretty much cant spot DDs or Torps anymore.

Question remains, how the DoT stacking will work out after the rework, i think it might be too much actually. Also it might equal the skillgap between the players, so CVs wont be as influencial as they currently are. So overall it should be better for the other players in the game if they have a potato CV on their side.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,640 battles
1 hour ago, jisc said:

With the problems associated with carriers the presence of carriers in the game had been severely reduced to the point where I only saw carriers in maybe 1/10 games.  Now I suddenly see them in 1/2 games and I'm noticing how it's severely impacting my enjoyment of the game. For me carriers add nothing positive to the game, they do however add lost of frustration. I don't see this changing with this rework. 

I hate less inteligent population that in a herd cant cooperate to negate carrier games completely, but they are part of the game we both play, so there's only 2 options - deal with it or hit the road.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles

BBs severely impact my enjoyment when playing cruisers. Please remove BBs.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,765 posts
10,662 battles
58 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

BBs severely impact my enjoyment when playing cruisers. Please remove BBs.

No, BBs are fine. But if we could remove carriers, cruisers (at the very least those with Radar) and also limit DDs to one (ok, maybe two) per team, it would be nice :Smile_trollface:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,404 posts
13,815 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

But if we could remove carriers, cruisers (at the very least those with Radar) and also limit DDs to one (ok, maybe two) per team, it would be nice :Smile_trollface:

How about being able to buy personalized MM with money?

WG if you want to hire me just send me a PM.

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles

That's why WG is trying her best ( I hope ) to make this class more balanced and enjoyable at the same time.

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles
7 hours ago, jisc said:

Whiners aren't good for the game, yet here you are.

• Funny 5

Players
683 posts
19,908 battles
8 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Also it might equal the skillgap between the players, so CVs wont be as influencial as they currently are.

Very good point you make there!! Coming rework WILL (no doubt there!) result in reducing the skillgap. And generally speaking, CV's get a much more normal (=reduced & better) impact on battle developments and its outcome. As an honest CV-hater (I allways disliked them very much in battles) I now realy get the impression that WG is realy on the right track here(!): rework seems to greatly benefit the game for all (24 players in battle) in very many aspects.:cap_like:

[5D]
Players
475 posts
20,593 battles
12 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

Very good point you make there!! Coming rework WILL (no doubt there!) result in reducing the skillgap. And generally speaking, CV's get a much more normal (=reduced & better) impact on battle developments and its outcome. As an honest CV-hater (I allways disliked them very much in battles) I now realy get the impression that WG is realy on the right track here(!): rework seems to greatly benefit the game for all (24 players in battle) in very many aspects.:cap_like:

You are forgetting 1 group of people that it really does not benefit. The people that learned to play cvs and didn't whine about their impact on the game. If they have such a big impact why don't you play them :) 

• Cool 3

[BGNAV]
Players
232 posts
3,238 battles

The rework won't benefit me, I will tell you that. I like the class just like they are now. But if I had to start whining like the thread author, probably I will demand to be able to switch between AP and HE bombs during game and to have radar ^^ Possibly HP restore as well because I really want to earn dreadnought with a carrier.

• Funny 1

[-5D2-]
Players
46 posts
11,323 battles

The 'impact' of statistically insignificant groups has always been ignored, especially in pursuit of the mighty dollar/euro.  A blind man could have seen this coming.  The WOWS Legends for console announcement was the final nail and I think the culling (are there enough of them to cull) of the CV main is only the start.  It is not just the skilled CV driver that will ultimately be driven from the game it is skill itself.

Haven't you noticed the general decline of the competency of the player base generally and that weekends are getting longer to the point that they run into each other.  What is beginning to ruin the game for me more that anything is the absence of even rudimentary levels of skill/competency in all classes and now at all tiers.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
Players
940 posts
13,421 battles

Rework wil not reduce skillgap, or to be more precise it will for a wery short time since all it will do is to "reset" cv players - ie ALL will have to learn new skillset from scratch, but those that know game mechanic will catch up soon and those that dont will get left behind again same as ever, unless they make cvs underpowered to an extent that noone will want to play them much good players will still as***pe the potatoes

• Cool 2

Players
683 posts
19,908 battles
28 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

You are forgetting 1 group of people that it really does not benefit. The people that learned to play cvs and didn't whine about their impact on the game. If they have such a big impact why don't you play them :) 

Actually I did play CV's for a short while in the past (some years go), but I stopped playing them in the past because it was not challenging enough: all toooo easy. I wanna see this great game progress(!!) to the big numbers, i.s.o chasing away (new) players right out of this game with OP (destructive, imbalanced) Carriers. So, I stopped playing them. Players want equal chances when gaming (= having possibilities to fight back, equally). So imo the coming rework of carriers: indeed looks very good(!)...very promising and real ok!!...and good for the further progressing of this great game.

.....and last, as a matter of fact, after the coming rework of Carriers getting to be more balanced could very well be I am gonna play carriers also (again) because the graphics (planes etc.) are simply stunningly good, very nice! So the rework could very well make even ME (former CV-hater) gonna play the new (balanced/fairply) Carriers(!) Afterall: again, graphics are simply stunning!:cap_like:

• Funny 3

[5D]
Players
475 posts
20,593 battles
4 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

Actually I did play CV's for a short while in the past (some years go), but I stopped playing them in the past because it was not challenging enough: all toooo easy. I wanna see this great game progress(!!) to the big numbers, i.s.o chasing away (new) players right out of this game with OP (destructive, imbalanced) Carriers. So, I stopped playing them. Players want equal chances when gaming (= having possibilities to fight back, equally). So imo the coming rework of carriers: indeed looks very good(!)...very promising and real ok!!...and good for the further progressing of this great game.

.....and last, as a matter of fact, after the coming rework of Carriers getting to be more balanced could very well be I am gonna play carriers also (again) because the graphics (planes etc.) are simply stunningly good, very nice! So the rework could very well make even ME (former CV-hater) gonna play the new (balanced/fairply) Carriers(!) Afterall: again, graphics are simply stunning!:cap_like:

The graphics are the only good thing about it. Other than that it is such a dumbed down version of cvs that I could play it with 1 hand blindfolded. Also whe. You say cvs were toooo easy I assume you either faced potatoes or only played at tier 4 and 5 again facing potatoes. If you were good at cvs you wouldnt have stopped playing them. My guess is you started to meet better players who slapped you around and rather than learning how to beat them you started to hate cv players. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles
21 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

"Some years ago" sums that one up nicely and with a hidden account, which is fine, we will never know.  You could mean bloody Beta for all we know and i think even CV main would agree with you there.  Or you started to face better players and moved on. :Smile-_tongue:

I bet my mortgage you are a DD player and/or play non AA spec ships.  But i admire your honesty about being a CV hater, i really do as many don't.

I play all classes and don't hate any class, regardless of what ship i'm in and what i face. Just because my natural enemy sinks me, doesn't mean i have a grudge against them for doing so.

So your saying the skill gap is too big but they were "all toooo easy"?Sigh..

Your a person who likes graphics over gameplay which is completely fine....I tend to think of you as the "new generation" I hope you don't mind me calling you that and don't take offensive, even tho you might not be "New".  Quick short spates of fast action that doesn't require that much thinking.

I however prefer gameplay over graphics.  Having both would be great but dumbing the game down tips the balance to boring and without substance. 

But if it brings players into the CV fold then WG has got it right, regardless of what i personally think.

• Cool 2

Players
744 posts
7,392 battles

One thing from the demo that immediately struck me was the amount of salt the DOT approach is going to generate.

4 attack runs with low alpha but flooding/fire being the main damage generator. That means, for me at least, attacking the same ship repeatedly.

in the past i’ve seen players totally lose it when a cv has focused them for dot purposes ... even got called a noob and invited to f off and die for bringing in all my planes on a lone bb to get a fire flood combo going.

Given the past feelings some players have for cvs, which the rework isnt going to change, thats seriously going to generate ire from players feeling they are being picked on. 

Disclaimer ... Mid tier cv player so i dont tend to alpha bbs right out the water

Players
1,537 posts
6,467 battles
26 minutes ago, ShuggieHamster said:

One thing from the demo that immediately struck me was the amount of salt the DOT approach is going to generate.

4 attack runs with low alpha but flooding/fire being the main damage generator. That means, for me at least, attacking the same ship repeatedly.

in the past i’ve seen players totally lose it when a cv has focused them for dot purposes ... even got called a noob and invited to f off and die for bringing in all my planes on a lone bb to get a fire flood combo going.

Given the past feelings some players have for cvs, which the rework isnt going to change, thats seriously going to generate ire from players feeling they are being picked on. 

Disclaimer ... Mid tier cv player so i dont tend to alpha bbs right out the water

Well, we would ALL like to think WG with address that as I and many others also have the same feelings.

Like i said in another thread, people think being a Shimmy is bad with an empty set of bombers spotting you up? Imagine the same set of planes constantly beating you like a dog without the need to reload at the carrier. Or wait, 2 sets of clan mates in a Div.  Constantly on fire.

Now this is all speculation at the moment so we shall see, but when people moan and complain about it then their is only one person to blame, those that wanted the change in the first place.

It's gone from being a support ship to a pure damage farmer and i don't think that has sunk in yet for many.

So great for the 2 dds that arn't being spotted and can do their thing, but hell on earth for that one dd that is.  

Players
3,333 posts
5,792 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

If you were good at cvs you wouldnt have stopped playing them. My guess is you started to meet better players who slapped you around and rather than learning how to beat them you started to hate cv players. 

I know it might be a surprise to you, but not everyone is just looking for an easy way to win. Current CV-gameplay f.e. is not what im looking for in this game. I played a lot of RTS games over the years, and yea, playing a CV isnt that challenging.

1 hour ago, Redcap375 said:

It's gone from being a support ship to a pure damage farmer and i don't think that has sunk in yet for many.

So great for the 2 dds that arn't being spotted and can do their thing, but hell on earth for that one dd that is.  

Thats true. I had the same picture in mind when watching the stream.

Players
683 posts
19,908 battles
2 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

The graphics are the only good thing about it. Other than that it is such a dumbed down version of cvs that I could play it with 1 hand blindfolded. Also whe. You say cvs were toooo easy I assume you either faced potatoes or only played at tier 4 and 5 again facing potatoes. If you were good at cvs you wouldnt have stopped playing them. My guess is you started to meet better players who slapped you around and rather than learning how to beat them you started to hate cv players. 

You obviously did not grasp what I actually meant: I meant "toooo easy sinking/ruining other ships such as BB's". I was not meaning cv fighting other cv is too easy...no...it's all  about CV's present state have a devastating/destructive impact on gameplay (=all ship classes); in short: I rather prefer battles with entertaining challenging play for ALL 24 players than only 2 players (cv-players) after battle having had a good time: imo the strive for eventually ALL 24 players (all investing 20 minutes of their time in a battle!) should have equal chances of attractive challenging gameplay. In that respect the rework is very, very promising and I am realy looking forward to it. Could very well be that playerbase as a whole (=all players, all classes) will benefit from the rework of cv's. I have seen far too many battles where imbalanced carriers completely wrecked battles for 22 other players, making any intelligent, challenging, entertaining gameplay virtually almost impossible. Seems with the rework, now that's gonna change. Imo the rework will not "dumb-down" the cv-game: strategical + tactical decisions still have to be made, some players will be good at it and others less (reallife skills). Better await the rework instead of "guessing around" at this stage, let's wait and see. I opine it looks very, very promising and will benefit us all.:cap_popcorn:

[DIKI]
Players
986 posts
295 battles
14 hours ago, jisc said:

mate, for your 5k games and almost tomato stats, CV is not a problem