You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nacoid

Amagi, how does it work?

6 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
1,260 battles

somebody help me please!

i can't play this ship and i don't know why, considering that the previous tier ship was my favourite, the Nagato.

with her i had my best play and sometimes i prefered her to Bismarck, so i can't understand why.

it seems that amagi can't hit anything at any distance, with very slow shell velocity and awful dispersion.

To me nagato has better dispersion and shell velocity than amagi, but the stats say diffrent things.

HOW CAN I MAKE HER WORK?

Players
147 posts
7,196 battles

Amagi was designed as a battle cruiser, ingame that means using her relative high speed and when angled sufficient armor to get close enough to the enemy that u dont have to shoot from range. u mainly angle ur armor to mitigate dmg and try to be mobile. her dispersion is not worse than for example bismark where u also play a bit more close range (or u should).

lg maggie

[CATS]
Players
19,953 posts
12,415 battles

Facts:

• Amagi and Nagato have the same balistics and the same AP performance
  • Amagi has better RoF and more guns
  • Amagi can face Tier X enemies that have more armor, but from AP performance that should only make a slight difference

[MIRAI]
Players
21 posts

Amagi has meh vertical dispersion, but good horizontal dispersion. Try to make use of her speed, angle your ship. Your bow can only be overmatched by Yamato. So what you do is you point your nose to the enemy, and wiggle the back part of your ship to shoot with your three back turrets, then you point your nose at the enemy again and you repeat this process. 

Players
15 posts
1,260 battles

thanks for all your advice and sorry for my english if there are some errors, i'm from Italy

i wrote here because there are more experienced players than the italian community, now i'll try to use her correctly

[CATS]
Players
19,953 posts
12,415 battles

The 5 turrets of the Amagi provoke many players to show more broadside to bring her awesome firepower to bear on the enemy.

Try to fight that.

When you can to that uncontested, that is great. But when enemies can get to shoot at your broadside, you will suffer.

Be careful and angle. With experience you can try the wiggle tactic Fasey explained.