Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tenshouki

Dynamo is Back, and when u want to delete IJN tech tree?

19 comments in this topic

Question

[MR-PR]
Players
5 posts
1,238 battles

now u have 2 operation only limited  allied ship attend ,

if wg no need ijn ship,pls delete it

like u dont know how to balance jp & usa cv,

u can direct rework it

so disappointment

18 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles

When the game consists only of Ops for you, then you are a bit limited in your choices.

I wonder why you do not demand the deletion of all Tier IX and X ships....

[PUPSI]
Players
6,240 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Tenshouki sagte:

so disappointment

it is/was your own decision to play (almost) only Japanese ships...

Zitat

three...Dynamo, Hermes and Cherry Blossom

Zitat

but they are needed, as opponents :Smile_child:

and btw it is the same for German ships...

[MR-PR]
Players
5 posts
1,238 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

When the game consists only of Ops for you, then you are a bit limited in your choices.

A game only have 10,000-20,000 plays in one server,

still ignore few players,

genius 

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles
42 minutes ago, Tenshouki said:

A game only have 10,000-20,000 plays in one server,

genius 

This makes no sense...

[PUPSI]
Players
6,240 posts
Vor 50 Minuten, Tenshouki sagte:

game only have 10,000-20,000 plays in one server,

genius 

- 6 of 9 operations don't have nation restrictions

- it is your own choice to ignore a big part of the game

- and considering the usual "type" and natural of Axis operations it is easy to understand why WG has only implemented operations based on historic Allied operations

Players
920 posts
7,192 battles
39 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

and considering the usual "type" and natural of Axis operations it is easy to understand why WG has only implemented operations based on historic Allied operations

But I want to invade Norway in my Yorck, and what's the point in having a Giulio Cesare if you can't blat some French cruisers in it? 

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,656 battles
15 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

implemented operations based on historic Allied operations

Theres actually something historic in this game?

[MR-PR]
Players
5 posts
1,238 battles
1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

- 6 of 9 operations don't have nation restrictions

- it is your own choice to ignore a big part of the game

- and considering the usual "type" and natural of Axis operations it is easy to understand why WG has only implemented operations based on historic Allied operations

sorry i really dont want to ignore " a big part of the game",

i choose  IJN tech tree bcz it''s the oldest and classical line,

buy everyday after  work, i only play wows 1-1.5 hours,

half a year later, i only get T7-T8 ship in IJN tech tree,

if WG wanna sell any T8 Allied cruiser ship when some operations open,i will pay

but now,i only watch some new elements,like night battle,in youtube

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles
1 hour ago, Tenshouki said:

if WG wanna sell any T8 Allied cruiser ship when some operations open,i will pay

Then continue to play Co-OP or Random.

Or are you telling us you played the Tier II to IV DD in Operations?

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,686 battles
4 hours ago, Tenshouki said:

Operations are really only a tiny little side gimmick, random battles is where the gameplay is at...

[DAVY]
Players
305 posts
8,233 battles

9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

9 hours ago, Klopirat said:

it is/was your own decision to play (almost) only Japanese ships...

I do not agree with both of you. Sure you are right somehow but that is not the point. It seems to me that whenever someone complains about something, there are people who out of a reflex reply "Nobody put a gun to your head. Go some place else, do something else. The problem is given, it is you who cannot cope with it." If that is your personal philosophy, nice, I am glad for you. Live your happy lifes. If somebody you love dies cause of some mistake in hospital or an accident, move on, it is given. Quit whining, you cannot change things.

Here we got a user who talks about a shortcoming of the game. That is his right. It is subjective. You may in the end feel differently. But the whole process of a person starting a topic and other people discussing it, not immediately dismissing it, is one of the reasons why we got internet forums in the first place. It would be nice if we could make that happen.

11 hours ago, Tenshouki said:

like u dont know how to balance jp & usa cv,

u can direct rework it

so disappointment

I can understand your frustration. You however get slightly off topic and a bit bitter. A constructive argument, why that is a bad thing and how to possibly counter it, should be preferably. It's called forum and not wailing wall for a reason.

I, too, feel the restrictions on Ops are debatable. Iam not too familiar with WW2-history, at least the military aspects. I don't know about any operation Cherry Blossom or Hermes. But Operation Dynamo was an actual event, it is historic. Now I was not there I have to rely on external sources of information. But they all say nothing about any American or Russian destroyers taking part in that operation. The only military type ships that took part in that op were british and probably a few french and canadian. We do have a few Commonwealth ships, e.g. Haida, but the specific ships did not take part in Dynamo.

The Operation Dynamo comes down to an allied-only scenario, in which suddenly all allied nations included in the game up to date, took an active part. That is wildly inaccurate.

So if the Ops are merely "inspired by real events", you can just as well remove the restriction all together. I mean what's the point of having nations anyway, if they fight alongside each other as they do in most game modes? My ship travels 60 km in some 20 minute battles, doing effectively 180 km/h. The whole game is a huge compromise in terms of accuracy, be it historic or physical or geographic or technical. We, most of us, I assume, accept that for the fact that we want balanced gameplay and short waiting times.

Operations take a step in a different direction and then still they are a compromise. It is just unrealistic to take historic battles and restrict them to the individual ships that originally were part of it. The nature of most operations would be that one, sometimes two or three nations took part in it and the other nations are sent to the bench.

Furthermore there is a reason why the ops rotate weekly and other operation can only be started by dedicated divisions. It is simply that waiting time would be too long if all players in the game at a certain time would be scattered around 9 different scenarios, random, coop, now ranked, sometimes clan battles and very soon Arms Race. Now let's stay with the scenarios, the reason why only one Op is available at a given time, is that WG wants to keep waiting queues short and it would be near to impossible to match players into up to 9 Ops at times where only a few thousand players are on and only a few dozen wish to play ops. Under these circumstances any further restriction must be contrary, thus increasing waiting time for the players who fulfil the restriction and excluding other players who don't.

To me that makes no sense.

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles
4 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

If that is your personal philosophy, nice, I am glad for you. Live your happy lifes. If somebody you love dies cause of some mistake in hospital or an accident, move on, it is given. Quit whining, you cannot change things.

Here we got a user who talks about a shortcoming of the game.

His philosophy would be "delete all people someone loves, because mine died"...

[DAVY]
Players
305 posts
8,233 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

His philosophy would be "delete all people someone loves, because mine died"...

People tend to dramatice for effect. A smart guy like you certainly has come across that phenomenon and knows to recognise it, when it happens. Or do you pull a gun, when in a bad movie and your significant other asks you to "Shoot me!"?

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

People tend to dramatice for effect. A smart guy like you certainly has come across that phenomenon and knows to recognise it, when it happens. Or do you pull a gun, when in a bad movie and your significant other asks you to "Shoot me!"?

And people in need of dramatic effects will get dramatic answers. A smart guy like you should recognize that...

[DAVY]
Players
305 posts
8,233 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

And people in need of dramatic effects will get dramatic answers. A smart guy like you should recognize that...

I did not give a dramatic answer. Imagine, I filtered out the essence of his topic, which was not "delete ijn" but "make all ops available for all nations". If he "would get dramatic answers", how could I do the impossible and turn this into a constructive topic? It is not about the OP, it is about operations and how much sense the restrictions make.

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles
13 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I did not give a dramatic answer....

You are free to answer how you like.

[DAVY]
Players
305 posts
8,233 battles

I begin to see how you got your 12367 answers so far. I don't want to get into this. There are people that just browse a forum for any possible opportunity to dump some quick and unreflected reply, like there was an achievement or you got flags or camos for reaching a milestone.

And there are people who go for topics that seem worthy, think about it and post something meaningful. I think the latter is what makes a forum thrive.

I think the topic deserves a discussion. One can discuss if ops have become too restrictive. Not only the ops, they whole game. If we take a look at it. Clan Battles are restricted to T10. Ranked Battles are restricted to T10, tho you can get to rank 15, if you have a T8. The new Arms Race seems to be restricted to T9-10. Some campaigns are restricted to high tiers. So any player will have an incentive to focus on one line to get to these tiers and take part in the juicy core of the game. To do so he has to choose on line. Now as he does so, he closes a door to take part in some operation that will come out, as it will take him weeks to months to get up one line. While the game gives incentives to focus on one line, at the same time it incentivises levelling as many lines as possible, by suddenly popping up some reward that can only be unlocked by playing a very special combo of nation and ship type.

These things happened to me often. Suddenly there is a challenge which is "only german ships of T5 and higher" because Gamescom is in Germany. Whoever for whatever reasons decided he wanted to go other nations first, is excluded. For most of the seasoned guys, who have grinded all lines to T10, these restrictions don't apply and it is just a motivation to take one of your many german ships into battle again that you have not played for weeks now.

But there are people who do not have 100 ships in port and even they might be excluded when Operation Cerberus gets into the game, which can only be played with two premium ships (Scharnhorst and Prinz Eugen) and one silver ship (Gneisenau). Or would they include japanese and italian ships? If russian and american ships are present at Dynamo, so would have to be axis nations in Cerberus. Imagine Japanese BBs travelling all the way around the globe just to run the blockade of the English Channel. Yeah that would really make a whole lot of sense.

[CATS]
Players
14,692 posts
10,879 battles

Topics are worthy when the starter put some thought into his posts.

Dumping quick and unreflected threads into the forum will usually not provoke extensive, nuanced answers. That would be like casting pearls before swine.

People like him are only looking for affimation, not discussion.

Sign in to follow this