Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shadeshot

Help ...

17 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,596 battles

Hi guys,

Just a quick one incase someone has experienced this problem before, ive never had a problem but as of literally 3 days ago whenever ive been in a battle my game has black screened forcing me to force a restart of my pc just so i can close the game down, it has been absolutely fine up until 2-3 days ago and nothing on my end has changed at all. Its frustrating as hell as all ive been trying to play is ranked and its happened during ranked games which is not fair on my team and its dam annoying for myself.

Originally i thought it was my D Drive Hard drive as its an old drive, so i moved the game to my main C drive, i thought that would of solved the issue, but it hasnt its happening again. I have no idea what has caused this as literally nothing on my PC has changed AT all. Has anyone experienced this before?

I know a last resort is a reinstal or repair of the game but i dont understand what would have caused my game to suddenly be unplayble.

Alpha Tester
1,820 posts
5,105 battles

I would run a stress test to see if some component, especially your graphics card, is having temperature or hardware issues. You can download and run BurnInTest for free (30 days) and it will test most/all of your components for potential issues. Pay attention to the temperature though. It might be that your system is running a little hot which might be the cause of the shutdowns.

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,596 battles
21 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Have you updated drivers lately? 

Im currenty on 398.82 driver version and its been fine, i have tried updating to 399.07 but apparently the GeForce Experience is failing to download it at the moment so ill have to try another time or download manually. 

22 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

I would run a stress test to see if some component, especially your graphics card, is having temperature or hardware issues. You can download and run BurnInTest for free (30 days) and it will test most/all of your components for potential issues. Pay attention to the temperature though. It might be that your system is running a little hot which might be the cause of the shutdowns.

I'll need to have a look tomorrow possibly as i need to sleep,  its just shocking to me that suddenly its doing it. As its been perfectly fine.

Players
3,846 posts
6,015 battles
5 minutes ago, Shadeshot said:

its just shocking to me that suddenly its doing it.

Any problems with other games? Do you have a tool to check temperatures of your components?

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,596 battles
11 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Any problems with other games? Do you have a tool to check temperatures of your components?

No other games have issues only World of Warships, i jumped on World of Tanks early to test it out and that ran fine, ive been playing Fallout 4 Recently with about 80 mods on pretty much max perfectly fine aswell. I use to have temp tests but i updated to windows 10 a few months back and havent since installed any, however i have installed the one suggested earlyer, and so far the temps are perfectly fine across the board, i have also repaired World of Warships through the Game Centre and that was ok. 

Just seems weird to me that the game has ran perfectly fine up to about 3 days ago where i have started gettting this issue, nothing has changed on my PC, for months (other than me moving from D to C cause i thought it was the hard drive as my D drive is extremly old now), and its always ran on max fine. Im not the most tech savy person. 

Suppose i may have to fresh install and see if that solves it as i have no idea what else could be an issue.

Players
3,846 posts
6,015 battles

Try the game-integrity check from the launcher. Maybe it does find something. Helped me once. And/or launche the game in safe-mode. If that both doesnt help, I´d try a new install.

Players
1,459 posts
15,148 battles

I installed the 399.07 with geforce experience without any problems. One tip: Select custom install and tick the option at the bottom for a clean installation.

Players
2,137 posts
1 hour ago, Shadeshot said:

Im currenty on 398.82 driver version and its been fine, i have tried updating to 399.07 but apparently the GeForce Experience is failing to download it at the moment so ill have to try another time or download manually. 

I'll need to have a look tomorrow possibly as i need to sleep,  its just shocking to me that suddenly its doing it. As its been perfectly fine.

Download manually and consider not installing Geforce experience, it adds nothing significant and it caused me problems in the past so I distrust it. It's also one thing eliminated from possible causes.

Running the game integrity check in the background is an obvious one to do when you're doing something else.

Any mods?

Reinstall is a bit drastic, but worth a try if nothing else works.

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
Players
586 posts
7,593 battles

It´s the same for me. Started at the same time as for you. I also have all drivers up to date. Have tried all things i can. Even reinstalled. Pretty annoying. Same problem with WoT. But not with Armored Warfare or Defiant 2050. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,822 posts
7,557 battles

It could be that Windows update (recent) messed up your display drivers (happened to a friend).

May I suggest that you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) from either Guru3D or WanguarSoft.

Display drivers can get messy, since their "clean install" is somewhat "khm khm" not that clean at all. Especially if you guys are using clutter software such as Nvidia Experience (I always make sure I dont have it checked when installing Nvidia drivers).

DDU is the only proper way of removing EVERYTHING related to display drivers. It reboots the PC in safe mode where it does its magic.

Its very easy to use and the only proper way of completely removing display drivers that might mess up your system.

Once done, download latest drivers and install them (without nvidia experience bs).

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

Just to make sure:
-Run the game in borderles window mode so you can catch up any error that popup in your windows regarding gpu drivers failing.
-Remove all mods and try to load a battle in the training room
-Remove all gpu drivers, restart and install new ones. Try in the training room.
-Keep monitoring temperatures with any 3rd party program you want. i use gpu-z.
-If all that fails and temps appear to be normal, manually get 1 or 2 older versions of the drivers.
If that also fails, no idea

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,596 battles

Thanks for the suggestions i will have to have a look when im home as im working atm.

[LEGIO]
Players
586 posts
7,593 battles
1 hour ago, Ouzo11 said:

Just to make sure:
-Run the game in borderles window mode so you can catch up any error that popup in your windows regarding gpu drivers failing.
-Remove all mods and try to load a battle in the training room
-Remove all gpu drivers, restart and install new ones. Try in the training room.
-Keep monitoring temperatures with any 3rd party program you want. i use gpu-z.
-If all that fails and temps appear to be normal, manually get 1 or 2 older versions of the drivers.
If that also fails, no idea

I have tried all that now. Still doesn´t work :( Have asked the support. Sent everything they asked for. Oh well. Have to wait for them to answer. A couple of weeks at least :/ 

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

1)Can you borrow another gpu from a friend and try again?
2)If you have an amd ryzen cpu you might be able to remove your gpu and try to run your game with the onboard graphics card.
Just to see if its a graphics card failing.

3)Are you using the old launcher or the WGC (WarGamingCenter) thing? Try the old one if you are using the wgc.
4)Try more older gpu driver versions.
5)If you are running windows 10, one of their updates might messed something up.Is there any recent restore point?

And now i think i exhausted everything i can think of
Good luck sailor!

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,596 battles

So to update, it seems to be ok (fingers crossed atm). 

I reinstalled the game completely and the WGC, and i have updated my drivers to the latest. I have no idea why it suddenly broke for me since nothing had even changed on my pc was abit random. Im hoping now its back to normal, hopefully it stays but well who knows. 

Thanks for your suggestion and if anyone has the same issue your welcome to revert back here for possibly solutions from your fellow captains.

• Cool 2

[TORCH]
[TORCH]
Beta Tester
464 posts
8,596 battles

So no played 3 normal games no issue jump into ranked issue. I think i am noticing a pattern though. For the 3 normal games i didnt have spotify open, and for the ranked game i did. So i dont know if its possible that spotify is the problem.

Sign in to follow this