Sign in to follow this  
Adm_Ballsey

How to Play Destroyers IJN Gunboat Harugumo

8 comments in this topic

Players
147 posts
14,763 battles

I've played over 40 matches in the Harugumo now using the maximum stealth build and am very impressed in how it performs.
I included the full ship module & captain skill build at the start of the video.
I hope you enjoy the game I picked out highlighting some of the strengths and weaknesses of the tier X Japanese gunboat.

Edited by Adm_Ballsey
I forgot to add text to describe the video
  • Cool 6

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
343 posts
16,539 battles

Using the same ship build and also skipper's build as Adm_Ballsey, but I'm more torpedo oriented... IMHO Kitakaze and Harugumo are not only fantastic gunships but also strong torpedo-boats. 

harugumo-02.jpg

• Cool 2

Players
147 posts
14,763 battles

@Max_Kammerer It's very strong on both fronts indeed. I'm currently playing around with the shorter but faster (76knots) 8km torps and they are proving to be devastating. Granted they are much more situational than the 12km torps but I'm always experimenting to find that golden mix. That's great damage btw well player sir o7

• Cool 1

Players
147 posts
14,763 battles

Hello once again everyone,
Another great destroyer the IJN gunboat Harugumo stands on top of the gunboat line but lots of players have great difficulties getting the best out of her.
I hope the video gives some insight into tactics on how to play Harugumo more effectively. The highlight video contains my highest damage salvo in almost 12,000 games. I hope you all enjoy the video.

My YouTube Channel link once again is Carbine Carlito

I hope you feel free to drop by check out this and some of my other videos  and Good Luck and fair seas to you all.

[BGNAV]
Players
185 posts
6,687 battles

@Adm_Ballsey

Thanks for the nice vids and info.

When I got the Harugumo, I thought to myself "well that's one seriously broken and OP ship... at least WG does not charge you for this". However, then the CVs got reworked and it's nearly unplayable for me. It's not the ship itself, but the way CVs sh!t on DDs now. As a matter of fact I can say pretty much the same for other DDs as well (except for AA Grozovoi and to a lower extend Gearing). I hope it gets better.

• Cool 1

Players
147 posts
14,763 battles
11 hours ago, almitov said:

@Adm_Ballsey

Thanks for the nice vids and info.

When I got the Harugumo, I thought to myself "well that's one seriously broken and OP ship... at least WG does not charge you for this". However, then the CVs got reworked and it's nearly unplayable for me. It's not the ship itself, but the way CVs sh!t on DDs now. As a matter of fact I can say pretty much the same for other DDs as well (except for AA Grozovoi and to a lower extend Gearing). I hope it gets better.

Hi Almitov, The Cv rework has made DD play more challenging than ever but destroyers still remains one of the most fun classes of ships to play. We have all had to adapt. Harugumo is no exception. It's so powerful when you put the hammer down but virtually all my best games come from playing like a ''sneaky bastard'' if you pardon my French -)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this