Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CCXanthos

Really? Is n't this even a little harsh?

25 comments in this topic

[-AS-]
Players
20 posts
5,598 battles

Ok I ram a friendly cruiser the moment he is taking damage; the result? See the picture

According to the site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allied damage is tracked on:

• The amount of damage caused.
  • The frequency of allied damage, over a number of battle

I damaged or destroyed an ally by accident

We strongly encourage all players to be aware of their surroundings.

Although sporadic incidents may not incur with a penalty, pushing the boundaries will have consequences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

65 damage on tier X seems to be over the limit?

2 times damage (a tier X battleship does not stop that quickly) is over the limit?

Best thing of all:

Customer Service will NOT assist with Penalty Appeals on Allied damage (TeamKill).

How on earth could i avoid this? He turned 90 degrees bringing him in front of me trying to minimize damage. I don't blame him. But wargaming should really take their own rules into account before handing out penalties.

shot-18.09.05_18.35.13-0035 - Copy.jpg

Players
4,544 posts
8,228 battles

If it makes you feel better: We have all been there. I once "teamkilled" a 150 HP, perma-burning Bismarck with my Neptune, because that guy thought its a superb idea to push me out of my smoke. Turned pink, got -1 kills and 2 games penalty. right. My personal advice: forget it, laugh about how stupid your teammates are, play 2 rounds of co-op and the next time, you see a similar topic on the forums, you can tell your story for the amusement of others. Much like I do right now.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Beta Tester, Players
245 posts
7,954 battles

As far as I know there is also a certain amount of damage done to own team over X amounts of games considered for receiving a penalty. If you dealt team damage too often in the past the 65 damage in this game might just been enough to reach that limit, hence the penalty.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles

The problem is you have to draw the line somewhere and that is definatly at actual teamkills no matter how low the damage.

If they wouldn't sanction this then trolls would start ramkilling ships below say 5% Hp nonstop.

I believe you that this was an accident but the system is automated so you get a penalty.

The support won't help you because that would make the automated system kind of pointless right?

In the end it's just a few games being pink (and being extra careful to not bump into friendlies) so a fair warning and a mercy for the potentional accident at the same time.

The real trouble starts if you do this regularly (hence no accident) which the automated system will detect and act upon.

Edit:

Just now, DodoDieHard said:

As far as I know there is also a certain amount of damage done to own team over X amounts of games considered for receiving a penalty. If you dealt team damage too often in the past the 65 damage in this game might just been enough to reach that limit, hence the penalty.

While it is right that such a thing exist to prevent people from just letting their prey live on ~5% HP it doesn't apply here.

Sinking an ally will always mark you as teamkiller no matter how many damage you did our how clean white your vest was.

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,610 posts
16,729 battles

Being pink is a warning. It's not a penalty, thus it's far from being too harsh. It's unlikely that you're going to have multiple accidents unless you specifically aim for them to happen.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
9 minutes ago, CCXanthos said:

(...)

You were unlucky. If your damage - no matter how small - delivers the killing blow to an ally, it gets you pink immediately.

However, this is sensible. After all, paying extra attention to low-hp allies hardly sounds unreasonable AND WG can't really afford to give people an option to TK for free if the ally is badly damaged enough...

Of course, this opens the path for accidents like yours but then again - pinkness goes away quickly if you do nothing that could prolong it. The only people who really need to worry about pinkness are the people who truly deserve it - normal players who just suffered a stroke of bad luck have very little to fear.

[WGB]
Players
37 posts
142 battles
3 minutes ago, DodoDieHard said:

Very true, You will never get pink shipped for 65HP damage to a friendly, you got a Pinkie because of all the damage you did to friendlies amounted to this final point, and the fact you sank a Friendly.

[POI--]
Players
5,920 posts
7,236 battles
8 minutes ago, DodoDieHard said:

2 minutes ago, Podvoisky said:

Very true, You will never get pink shipped for 65HP damage to a friendly, you got a Pinkie because of all the damage you did to friendlies amounted to this final point, and the fact you sank a Friendly.

Nah, in this case it's only that the Mino died from it. If you even just deal 1 damage and it kills a ship, you go pink. So, that could be the only 65 team damage they ever did and it still would result in this. It really isn't much of an issue though.

• Funny 1

[-AS-]
Players
20 posts
5,598 battles

Not bumping into friendlies means sitting in the back. Usually i'm behind the destroyers between the cruiser. Trying to play piniata and draw fire away from both of them. 

Noticed that it was pink for 2 battles, 1 more to go :(

It feels so ... humiliating ...

Update: I rarely do team damage, more than 10 battles ago a shell hit an ally for 1130HP for other i have to go back more than a year. It is always ramming damage but that is difficult to avoid in the heat of the fight. Besides it also counts as ramming when some one steers into me. The game does not differentiate between ships who actually does the ramming.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The best TK I've ever seen was shooting a DD in smoke totally blind. It must have left them on a slither of HP as they were TKed immediately by a BB also in the smoke cloud. I can only imagine they butted each other and the damage finished the DD off. 

Took awhile to work out what happened :Smile_facepalm:

[WGB]
Players
37 posts
142 battles
41 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Nah, in this case it's only that the Mino died from it. If you even just deal 1 damage and it kills a ship, you go pink. So, that could be the only 65 team damage they ever did and it still would result in this. It really isn't much of an issue though.

Did you read my post? I put the fact he killed the ship was the main reason for pinkie, "Shoulda gone to specsavers"

[POI--]
Players
5,920 posts
7,236 battles
2 minutes ago, Podvoisky said:

Did you read my post? I put the fact he killed the ship was the main reason for pinkie, "Shoulda gone to specsavers"

Well, I quoted it for the "amounted to this final point", which I found a bit unclear. 

[CATS]
Players
19,938 posts
12,412 battles
1 hour ago, CCXanthos said:

Ok I ram a friendly cruiser the moment he is taking damage; the result? See the picture

According to the site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allied damage is tracked on:

• The amount of damage caused.
  • The frequency of allied damage, over a number of battle

I damaged or destroyed an ally by accident

We strongly encourage all players to be aware of their surroundings.

Although sporadic incidents may not incur with a penalty, pushing the boundaries will have consequences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

65 damage on tier X seems to be over the limit?

2 times damage (a tier X battleship does not stop that quickly) is over the limit?

Best thing of all:

Customer Service will NOT assist with Penalty Appeals on Allied damage (TeamKill).

How on earth could i avoid this? He turned 90 degrees bringing him in front of me trying to minimize damage. I don't blame him. But wargaming should really take their own rules into account before handing out penalties.

shot-18.09.05_18.35.13-0035 - Copy.jpg

Stay farther away from  allies...

[-AS-]
Players
20 posts
5,598 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Stay farther away from  allies...

I will quote you when people click on my ship in game. :P

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

My personal highlight was sinking a friendly DD I tried to save and his attacker in one salvo from the mighty Zucchini. RNGeezuz must have been literally roflmaoing.

Players
4,489 posts
9,443 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

If it makes you feel better: We have all been there. I once "teamkilled" a 150 HP, perma-burning Bismarck with my Neptune, because that guy thought its a superb idea to push me out of my smoke. Turned pink, got -1 kills and 2 games penalty. right. My personal advice: forget it, laugh about how stupid your teammates are, play 2 rounds of co-op and the next time, you see a similar topic on the forums, you can tell your story for the amusement of others. Much like I do right now.

This :Smile_great:

In some games you just have all odds stacked against you, it's hilarious! Laugh it off, the penalty is kinda minor anyway (unless you're a repeat offender).

1 hour ago, tenacious_torps said:

My personal highlight was sinking a friendly enemy I tried to save and his attacker in one salvo from the mighty zucchine. RNGeezuz must have been literally roflmaoing.

Well at least you saved him from death by the enemy :cap_like::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,938 posts
12,412 battles
10 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

You think that's something?

THIS is what I don't get. :cap_haloween:

625shot_18.09.05_16.29.18.jpg

You damaged a module...

• Cool 1

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles

The whole collision system suck to be honest. Yesterday I was rammed by a friendly Yamato who turned and hit me at 90 degrees right in the middle. I was in a Montana. I kid you not it took 3 minutes to get dislodged. I also get annoyed by the ease at which a ship explodes after being rammed. Damage and flooding ok, but seeing a full HP ship explode like fireworks because bows touch at 10kn is just retarded.

Players
1,381 posts
1 hour ago, walter3kurtz said:

The whole collision system suck to be honest. Yesterday I was rammed by a friendly Yamato who turned and hit me at 90 degrees right in the middle. I was in a Montana. I kid you not it took 3 minutes to get dislodged. I also get annoyed by the ease at which a ship explodes after being rammed. Damage and flooding ok, but seeing a full HP ship explode like fireworks because bows touch at 10kn is just retarded.

The airbags should get nerfed. :Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
Players
3,629 posts
12,388 battles

Had the same thing happen once as well; sank an ally with my stern :Smile_trollface:

Iirc, @MortenTardo had this as well (some time ago) when we were in div 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this