You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rusty_9

Another (probably dumb) couple of ideas

7 comments in this topic

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles

Hello folks

Once again, my mind has been chuntering on along some of the various 'issues' that people feel there are in game - PRIOR to the hype of recently released 'CV Rework'. Having got so far along the thought process, I thought I'd submit them to the critique of the community... *cough*. I suppose in a way they are meant to reward 'correct' gameplay, so I doubt they'll ever come to implementation, even if they are 'reasonable' ideas!?

The 'issues'

1) HE-spamming battleships. UK aside, there are generally too many BB's spamming HE. I suppose they go for consistency (?) but it's really frustrating... I had one game where I was the sole survivor on my flank (soon joined by a Farragut) 'kiting' 3 BB's (A QE, a Kongo and a Lyon) and a CL (a La-gall) in my New Mex - the Lyon was 11km away on my perfect broadside whilst I was angled against the rest. ALL of them spamming HE (QE did one salvo of AP but rightly changed cause I had a good angle against him/her). It was great for me because I survived much longer and managed to rack up some decent AP damage (we won, and I came top on the scoreboard) but I'd have 'rather' died to 'competent' players sooner than suffer the ignomony of a protracted and tortuous death at the hands of many ignorami (!?) :Smile_teethhappy:!
2) DD spotting XP. The usual 'I spot for my team, I get nish all rewards'.... no need for an essay here.

The 'ideas'

(TLDR: just read these bits)

1) a: Always have battleships start ingame with AP loaded - and don't save the 'last loaded' ammo choice for them. Maybe many BB drivers just don't know how to switch? and b: Award a % of normal damage XP for potential damaged DELIVERED. e.g. If you deliver a full AP salvo in a New Mex (c. 130k PD) you get 0.1% of the xp you would have got if you had actually landed a 12-citadel volley!? Note those numbers are just conceptual!? This would also award CA's who actually do use AP, and DD's who torp too.
2) Probably been suggested many times before, but maybe award 25% XP for spotting damage?

These are only ideas, and likely relate (as with many whine threads) to my current gameplay/class experiences only. If anyone has any comments on why these would/wouldn't work feel free to comment and set my mind at rest ;)

Players
301 posts
736 battles

1: the scoring system currently favours damage farming, and RN BBs(its RN, Royal Navy, not U.K.) are certainly showing that HE is effective at farming damage numbers, therefore playing into the fact that people see big damage numbers=better xp, score and monies so start copying the RN bbs as well, although mostly not as effective in actually wining the game.

2:like I said, scoring system rewards damage done, though a percent of the ships total hp and tier(removing 50% of a DD’s hp gives the same as 50% of a same tier BB, and dealing 20% of a t10 CA hp gives more then dealing 20% of a t8 hp) in other words, it favours damage  over anything else. You can achieve a million spotting damage and it will only count for 30xp or tank 6 million damage and all it will give you is 20 xp. However if you farm a BB with HE it will give you far more.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
592 posts
2,683 battles

A spotting dd should get 50%of the xp from the guy who used his spotting to shoot an enemy(so if a dd spots, and you have no line of sight, but still shoot the spotted enemy for 10k damage, the dd gets xp for 5k damage and you get xp for 5k damaga) 

This is how it works in world of tanks, and it basically means that by sitting far back damage farming, you won't get as much xp as if you were active, while it also encourages scouting. It's a great system

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,542 battles

I would encourage you to play more? Another 1000 games or 2 will give you better perspective, or maybe not, given the average amoeba player...

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles
25 minutes ago, Juanx said:

I would encourage you to play more? Another 1000 games or 2 will give you better perspective, or maybe not, given the average amoeba player...

Maybe make that idea 3 :)?

I get that I'm amoebic performance wise, but damn, it's taken me 9 months to play 1k games... so whilst I certainly am aiming for another 1k (and improve!), it may be some time :Smile-_tongue:

Thanks for replying anyway... and thanks @thiextar and @howardxu_23

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,542 battles
2 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Maybe make that idea 3 :)?

I get that I'm amoebic performance wise, but damn, it's taken me 9 months to play 1k games... so whilst I certainly am aiming for another 1k (and improve!), it may be some time :Smile-_tongue:

Thanks for replying anyway... and thanks @thiextar and @howardxu_23

Its not as much the amount of games, but what you can learn off them that counts, watch videos and the works to get more ideas.

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Players
421 posts
1,775 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Its not as much the amount of games, but what you can learn off them that counts, watch videos and the works to get more ideas.

*weary sigh* I do... I do... (quietly dabs eyes with tissue). And yet somehow still manage to be pretty potato. I regularly watch CC replay analysis, I review my own games, study stuff 'till it gets to breaking point on information overload. And yet, here I still am :(.

If you feel like providing any specific pointers, or just have a laugh at potato fun, feel free to nosey at these and comment as you like... I do appreciate and welcome all help I can get :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9jjSgxmBi7KOHxVFgIj-bQ