Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AzwraithXD

Will Harekaze be available again?

12 comments in this topic

[LORDS]
Players
9 posts
4,939 battles

googling around has lead me to believe that the hsf collab license ends in september
can anyone confirm if it will be back in shops or if i should just give up  :cap_old:

[BYOB]
Players
3,806 posts
15,458 battles
19 hours ago, AzwraithXD said:

googling around has lead me to believe that the hsf collab license ends in september
can anyone confirm if it will be back in shops or if i should just give up  :cap_old:

Well, save for the anniversary weekend they have still 3 weekends where they can make a farewell offer.

But since this is EU I wouldn't count on that.

[POI--]
Players
5,927 posts
7,236 battles

Wouldn't count on it. If it comes out though, ship is absolute bonkers since the free 10 cm pen buff. Yay for never nerfing premiums. 

[4_0_4]
Players
6,026 posts
12,326 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Yay for never nerfing premiums. 

I wouldn't count on that tho, because that buff came after her last sale, so noone can argue he bought her because of that and wants his money back because the ship is not what he baught anymore. :cap_hmm:

[POI--]
Players
5,927 posts
7,236 battles
1 hour ago, Zemeritt said:

I wouldn't count on that tho, because that buff came after her last sale, so noone can argue he bought her because of that and wants his money back because the ship is not what he baught anymore. :cap_hmm:

I mean, if they nerf the concealment or maneuverability or pretty much anything except the pen, I can say that the ship's design shifted from what it was and isn't what I bought. Not that it'd hold up in court, but I can understand why it is they didn't nerf a thing, because with Akizuki, the role shift was easy to pass off, but with a premium...

The good thing also is, it only got 6 guns and still no hp. Against DDs little changed, against BBs, ok, you do a bit more damage, but mostly you're now off farming the ship from bow to stern instead of targetting the superstructure. The biggest change really is how much the ship does on cruisers. I got a 19 pt Mei Irizaki captain on the ship with BFT and AR and even at full health, I got the HE dpm of a Dallas. It might not be the 8 gun firepower of a duck, but hey, for this kind of hull with concealment, maneuverability and two torp launchers, the package was great before, but now it's just... If there might be one thing I'm sad about, it's that I can no longer claim it's the perfect balance of a premium. 

It is, imo, pretty much the perfect T8 ranked carry ship though. It really has tools to deal with pretty much anything.

Players
1,777 posts
4,482 battles
14 hours ago, Riselotte said:

It is, imo, pretty much the perfect T8 ranked carry ship though. It really has tools to deal with pretty much anything.

I don't think it's 'perfect'. Loyang is a little too 'perfect' in that it really does have the tools to do everything.

9.2km (albeit slow) torps, fast-firing US guns, US smoke, KM CA hydro, US DD concealment (not the best, but still competitive), US DD manaeiouvrability, need I say more?

I mean, Harekaze is still one of my favourite DDs in the game, but Loyang is just straight-up better.

[POI--]
Players
5,927 posts
7,236 battles
11 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I don't think it's 'perfect'. Loyang is a little too 'perfect' in that it really does have the tools to do everything.

9.2km (albeit slow) torps, fast-firing US guns, US smoke, KM CA hydro, US DD concealment (not the best, but still competitive), US DD manaeiouvrability, need I say more?

I mean, Harekaze is still one of my favourite DDs in the game, but Loyang is just straight-up better.

I wouldn't call loyang perfect either in that sense. Loyang, like Harekaze, brings a strong package, with Loyang bringing mostly one incredibly strong combo (smoke + hydro) and is otherwise a slightly downgraded Benson. Loyang excels at locking down a cap and outside the cap is decent. Harekaze on the other hand doesn't have that combo, but it got better torps (might be Kagero's stock torps, but still 10 km with decent speed and damage most other lines can only dream of), better guns (it beats Loyang in both HE and AP dpm, in HE pen and has slightly better ballistics), has best concealment and while its maneuverability and speed aren't groundbreaking, they are still decent. Harekaze has the weaker consumable loadout, but it has the superior armament.

I mean, Loyang is great, but being able to inflict significant damage to most BBs and all cruisers at the tier (outside ranked, this extents to all tiers except Moskva/Stalingrad) just adds a layer in flexibility that the Loyang doesn't outshine imo. And in a straight up fight, I'd argue that with decently skilled captains, Harekaze would win more often, because while Loyang can take the first cap, outside cap the Harekaze is superior and if you use the time Loyang spends capping wisely, you can easily make up the impact through other means.

Players
1,777 posts
4,482 battles
17 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

And in a straight up fight, I'd argue that with decently skilled captains, Harekaze would win more often,

That's only if you don't take comsumables into account.

As soon as Loyang is spotted she will hydro and slow down to smoke up, meaning the imputus is on Harekaze to finish Loyang right then and there and to make sure she stays outside of the 5.4km hydro range. Bare in mind that Hare cannot even finish Loyang with torpedoes, because they will be spotted by hydro.

Ultimately, Ranked is all about capping anyway, and it's pretty clear which ship is superior in that regard.

I don't disagree at all about Random battles though - I'm just saying that Loyang is superior with regard to Ranked (I should've clarified that was what I meant).

[POI--]
Players
5,927 posts
7,236 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

That's only if you don't take comsumables into account.

As soon as Loyang is spotted she will hydro and slow down to smoke up, meaning the imputus is on Harekaze to finish Loyang right then and there and to make sure she stays outside of the 5.4km hydro range. Bare in mind that Hare cannot even finish Loyang with torpedoes, because they will be spotted by hydro.

Ultimately, Ranked is all about capping anyway, and it's pretty clear which ship is superior in that regard.

I don't disagree at all about Random battles though - I'm just saying that Loyang is superior with regard to Ranked (I should've clarified that was what I meant).

Issue here is, if I run into a Loxyang, turn around, run off. If Loyang pursues (which is the dumbest move it could pull) it dies, if it smokes up and hydroes, that smoke won't move, so Loyang can only harm me as long as it takes to turn around and get away. With some awareness, the smoke + hydro combo can be evaded and obviously it gets shut down completely if you stay around any radar cruiser.

Heck, you even can try frustrate a Loyang in a cap, if you just reverse into the cap. Either the Loyang smokes up (wasting a smoke) or it gets spotted for others to shoot at. It might hydro, but Loyang hydro is not even 100 m further than Harekaze concealment, so unless you were in spotting range anway, that's a wasted hydro. If Loyang pushes up, just move forward. Loyang cannot meaningfully pursue you. 1v1, you could even open up fire, because if Loyang doesn't smoke up, you hold the firepower advantage, if it smokes up, it denies vision to both parties.

Ranked is more than capping and typically also has more than one cap. Only sea of Fortune sucks a lot, because Loyang can go for double cap, but just because the enemy holds two caps to one for a while doesn't mean the game is lost. Which basically is why I prefer the Harekaze. It is a great cap contester, but still is great at all other things.

Obviously, given T8 ranked goes all the way to R15 though, you can basically play any DD and get there, because the level of play is abysmal. Harekaze at least has the ability to easily kill anything in its way though and getting all the exp for the star when your own team sucks.

• Cool 1

Players
1,777 posts
4,482 battles
6 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Obviously, given T8 ranked goes all the way to R15 though, you can basically play any DD and get there, because the level of play is abysmal. Harekaze at least has the ability to easily kill anything in its way though and getting all the exp for the star when your own team sucks.

Tell me about it.

On the subject of Harekaze and this season ranked:

I played a couple of matches in my Loyang in order to reach R15, in one of them I met a Harekaze on the enemy team and when I ran into him I panicked, hydroed and immediately stopped panicking when I saw he was using the US 127mm guns. After I sunk him I typed in chat: "btw, harekaze, the 100mm guns are better." and left it at that.

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
5,927 posts
7,236 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Tell me about it.

On the subject of Harekaze and this season ranked:

I played a couple of matches in my Loyang in order to reach R15, in one of them I met a Harekaze on the enemy team and when I ran into him I panicked, hydroed and immediately stopped panicking when I saw he was using the US 127mm guns. After I sunk him I typed in chat: "btw, harekaze, the 100mm guns are better." and left it at that.

My ranked experience vs DDs was first one Kidd. Was a bit concerned. Enemy was likely one of the new Kidd buyers though. Broadsided and ate AP while missing me, because USN ballistics. Then one Kiev. Kiev beached. Kiev died. Lastly a duck. Duck ate a torp meant for a Roma. Finished it with guns. Was very fun farming all the BBs though and shooting at a Cleveland once that fired AP at my angled Harekaze. Always fun to hear the "clonk" in a DD.

I did play Harekaze extensively in previous season and in anti-DD fights, nothing changed. Outside anti-DD though, Harekaze performs way better now, also because I finally got a 19 pt commander and AR. Feels great when you drop to low hp and get spammy torps or park behind an island and spam shells.

I now wish for a Ranked or CB season at T8, where I can play this ship extensively, though I do wonder for CB, whether RPF and SI might not be better than BFT and IFHE.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this