You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Invictus_Antagonistes

So who killed the server

17 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
3,631 battles

So my last few games felt like the servers were dying, ping would jump from 40 all the way to 1180, a screenshot showing it near it's highest is attached. I've checked everything my end, restarted my router, changed Ethernet cable and restarted my rig but still getting piss poor performance.

All I can do is hitch, suddenly shoot across the map and get stuck in zoom mode, hardly fun(!). Anyone else having issues?

shot-18.09.04_21.23.15-0115.jpg

Beta Tester
2,447 posts
6,683 battles

Had what you describe on the last weekend of july, lasted for about 5 days, ping from 35 to 1.5k max randomly, game was unplayable, then everything went back to normal(wg finally paid the electrical bill :Smile_trollface:), been smooth ever since at 35/40 ping at 120 fps. 

Players
1,009 posts
6,188 battles

I didn't encounter any issues during the time periods mentioned above.

My guess is it comes from your internet provider, not wargaming servers.

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

Their servers are actually surprisingly stable. If they fail, trust me, you will notice, because it will drop you out of the game, or everything will bug out, especially the UI. 

Anything odd comes from your server provider, it was especially noticeable during the summer holidays. I kept having connection farts with constant 750 spikes, sometimes peaking to 4,500 all the way throughout the summer. 

If such service is available from your ISP or it's community, have a look at the "Service Checker", it will indicate all the dates and locations were problems were being reported, in what numbers, etc. Perhaps yours is in that list with some sort of an ongoing issue.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,872 posts
10,130 battles

I had a game last night where I dodged a torpedo salvo, both me and the enemy DD responsible for those torpedoes both saw me dodge, then one of the torpedoes at my side and half a hull away just exploded and damaged me.

Very next game on an operation, I activated DFAA when TBs were headed my way, well in advanced of the drop, and only half of the planes were affected by panic. Memes.

Subsequent games showed continuously ridiculous things.

5 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Their servers are actually surprisingly stable. If they fail, trust me, you will notice, because it will drop you out of the game, or everything will bug out, especially the UI. 

Client side connection issues don't explain two people seeing the same illogical thing. Especially not when I have spotted no significant difference between playing on a regular ADSL or fiber optics.

Players
2,051 posts
10,940 battles

Maybe the Hamsters decided it's finally time for a revolution. Everyone at WG are actually human- shaped mechs piloted by hamsters :Smile_hiding:

Hamster.jpg.107c7d2b2d804f39a999cc933cbd2733.jpg

• Funny 1

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
372 posts
7,045 battles

Where should I set the fps? I remember saw it in a file and it was set to 75.

Now on an Nvidia 1080 and a 120Hz monitor I'd prefer 120fps.

(Vertical sync is on, but no idea if it is affect on any way)

Thanks!

[BBMM]
Players
4,139 posts
4,660 battles
1 hour ago, Seepheerd said:

Where should I set the fps? I remember saw it in a file and it was set to 75.

Now on an Nvidia 1080 and a 120Hz monitor I'd prefer 120fps.

(Vertical sync is on, but no idea if it is affect on any way)

Thanks!

If your monitor is 120FPS, you set it to something that is a 'multiple' from it.

You will not see more than 120FPs though. 60FPS is 'half', you see the same image twice.

75 is useless for your monitor, the game might run at 75 but you'll only see 60. 

If you can run 120FPS, that's great, leave it as is.

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
372 posts
7,045 battles
35 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

If your monitor is 120FPS, you set it to something that is a 'multiple' from it.

You will not see more than 120FPs though. 60FPS is 'half', you see the same image twice.

75 is useless for your monitor, the game might run at 75 but you'll only see 60. 

If you can run 120FPS, that's great, leave it as is.

That's what I'd like to set but the game is limited to 75FPS. Do you know where'd I change it?

[BBMM]
Players
4,139 posts
4,660 battles
4 hours ago, Seepheerd said:

That's what I'd like to set but the game is limited to 75FPS. Do you know where'd I change it?

Nope... but I would not set it to 120. You probably will not see the difference.

There is also a limit of the 'packets' that get sent... you will NOT get twice the responsiveness.

In some race-games you do... so it is an advantage, but this is all calculated server-side. So NO advantage.

https://world-warships.com/fps-limit-for-world-of-warships/

Instead I'd get a 34 inch screen, now THAT difference you really notice... :cap_like:

[REKTA]
Beta Tester
372 posts
7,045 battles
10 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Nope... but I would not set it to 120. You probably will not see the difference.

There is also a limit of the 'packets' that get sent... you will NOT get twice the responsiveness.

In some race-games you do... so it is an advantage, but this is all calculated server-side. So NO advantage.

https://world-warships.com/fps-limit-for-world-of-warships/

Instead I'd get a 34 inch screen, now THAT difference you really notice... :cap_like:

Thanks for the advice :)

• Cool 1