Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

CV rework suggestions

8 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
3,688 posts
14,479 battles

I just want cv planes not to provide direct vision for the team. They could spot and a ghost icons of the enemy ships could appear on the minimap, they could make torps visible, but I think the permaspotting of dds should be a thing of the past. I visual indicator on the minimap should be enough and not enable the whole team to open fire unless spotted by a proper ship.

It's all I got for now.

• Cool 2

Players
1,289 posts
7,525 battles

You know... If permaspotting of dds it's a problem then one VERY easy solution to that it's to give planes a real health pool and the damage per second of aa it's reflected on that HP.

In that case a cv would be able to spot a dd but the dd  can do something to defend itself (using it's aa to gradually damage the planes. With the current aa levels it will take it awhile but eventually the planes would be shoot down making permaspotting impossible... But cvs can still spot dds)

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,163 battles

Cvs should be able to spot dds that one of the whole points of a cv. They should just leave the RTS version as it is and fix the UI like we have been asking for years and give some proper tutorials. Rather than sitting there wondering why no-one knows how to play or play against cvs. Also for all you dd players rejoicing about the rework, I hope you know that radar ships will have free reign once we are gone :) 

[WTFNO]
Players
27 posts
7,048 battles

12 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

They could spot and a ghost icons of the enemy ships could appear on the minimap

One of the points I had on my post: 

[HTBT]
Beta Tester
46 posts

Hi,

I saw the rework video, i've got to say it looks pretty good.
I saw how DBs drop bombs i think the drop area aiming should be done reverse as you know we can see a circle growing, i think it should be the opposite, the circle should get smaller.
As you know DBs get closer to the drop zone and it should make the drop more accurate as they take more damage and risk. and it would let player drop sooner but with less accuracy or later with more accuracy.

I like how TBs need to aim for a while to get drop zone straight.

I think we should let CV player go back to CV point of view just like we have now (not the top view though the one we have with all ships).
to let the player control directly the ship in case of immediate threat for the ship.

For AAs animations i think short range AA are just spraying everywhere, could it be more directed toward the Airplanes?
For Destroyers, like some japanese if not most, they have high angle main batteries, could it be possible to make them able to toggle between Air or Surface combat? (locking shooting to AA for more AA efficiency but making the ship unable to do surface shooting as their main battery could be used for AA purpose). It should make DDs which were AA oriented harder for CVs to kill, it should make it more interesting for DD players. (it kinds of make it also a DD rework)

That's pretty much what i had in mind for now after seeing the preview of the CV rework. :etc_hide_turtle:

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,624 posts
16,740 battles
20 minutes ago, Shiawase said:

I saw how DBs drop bombs i think the drop area aiming should be done reverse as you know we can see a circle growing, i think it should be the opposite, the circle should get smaller.

The circle does get smaller. The inner circle just represents the minimal spread you can achieve, the outer circle is your current accuracy.

[HTBT]
Beta Tester
46 posts
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

The circle does get smaller. The inner circle just represents the minimal spread you can achieve, the outer circle is your current accuracy.

In that case it could be better to change the color of the inner circle and/or change from continuous circle to dot circle or something of that type to make it more clear.

Sign in to follow this