Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
io_pilot

Saving player settings

3 comments in this topic

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
49 posts
15,148 battles

For various reasons from time to time i need to reinstall the game (not enough space for new update, move it to different folder, errors, etc.)

But every time i do that i have to redo all the settings: sound, graphics, crosaim, dmg indicators, minimap, etc.

Is there a way i can save this settings and just upload then after or copy/paste a file?

Players
1,470 posts
10,100 battles

It takes less than 2 minutes to set the settings and you have over 11k games played.

What is so difficult?

• Bad 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

It takes less than 2 minutes to set the settings and you have over 11k games played.

What is so difficult?

I'm pretty sure OP knows how to set up the settings since - according to him - he needs to do it on a somewhat regular basis. He still finds it inconvenient (which isn't surprising, really) and your post contributes absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, io_pilot said:

For various reasons from time to time i need to reinstall the game (not enough space for new update, move it to different folder, errors, etc.)

But every time i do that i have to redo all the settings: sound, graphics, crosaim, dmg indicators, minimap, etc.

Is there a way i can save this settings and just upload then after or copy/paste a file?

Most of the settings you need should be in a file preferences.xml in the main directory (so for the game instaled in E:\WOWS the file would be located directly in E:\WOWS\preferences.xml). Saving this file and then copying it into the new installation folder (good idea: making a backup of the original file before you overwrite it) should probably fix most if not all of your problems.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this