Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Missouri dispersion

36 comments in this topic

Players
2,109 posts
15,331 battles

About two, three months ago, during a live streaming session, Flamu expressed a suspicion that during the recent Missouri buff/nerf (can't remember which it was), the Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 was massively nerfed, possibly by accident, like turning some algebraic sign from minus to plus or something, because the dispersion not only appeared a lot worse but also seemed to improve when switching from the plotting room to a different upgrade. Later, he twittered some developers had promised him to look into it.

I wonder if anything happened in that respect because it still doesn't feel right. I don't have a lot of experience with this ship, especially not before that last nerf/buff, or high tier battles in general but the dispersion just feels bad, and continues to feel worse with the module that is supposed to improve it.

I need the cash here, people, I need to feed the monkey!!1

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
2,052 posts
10,940 battles
44 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

About two, three months ago, during a live streaming session, Flamu expressed a suspicion that during the recent Missouri buff/nerf (can't remember which it was), the Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2 was massively nerfed, possibly by accident, like turning some algebraic sign from minus to plus or something, because the dispersion not only appeared a lot worse but also seemed to improve when switching from the plotting room to a different upgrade. Later, he twittered some developers had promised him to look into it.

I wonder if anything happened in that respect because it still doesn't feel right. I don't have a lot of experience with this ship, especially not before that last nerf/buff, or high tier battles in general but the dispersion just feels bad, and continues to feel worse with the module that is supposed to improve it.

From one of Jingle's video last week:

And a game I had the other day:

Spoiler

shot-18_08.31_12_55.28-0887.thumb.jpg.396ff2aeb6f47e4de15093cd5f554b7a.jpgshot-18_08.31_12_55.31-0086.thumb.jpg.5fc6bcd30d30ca4e8aba8735d0bf3505.jpgshot-18_08.31_12_55.38-0967.thumb.jpg.6c68c3135be48c6915e6b9ef1876efc7.jpg

It still feels ridiculously accurate to me.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Didn't realise Flamu did the whole tin foil hat thing...

Whenever I play it Missouri feels fine here. BB RNG is just that, not that many BB can avoid it other than LM Yam. Even Warspite can derp a bit.

[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,061 battles

I've heard these rumors before. I can't say I noticed any difference. But I absolutely don't qualify myself as being the ace shot in town.

What I do seem to notice, not able to prove and 99% sure it's me, is the "all or nothing" salvos I shoot. It's roughly speaking either a devastating strike or shatters/bounces/pen-no-damage shots with 1 rare overpen so I get the 1080 for the trouble.

Players
4,529 posts
9,449 battles

I remember this. Dunno how it was solved (or if it was even a real problem) but it was painstakingly tested by someone and iirc it wasn't a problem anymore at some point.

Though, it might have actually been a bug with the autoaim not improving dispersion? I didn't really follow that but to me, dispersion of Missouri was never really that much greater then Musashi dispersion. I do much more damage in Musashi anyway.

Players
1,484 posts
10,126 battles

Missouri plays fine for me also. But, against certain ships I notice that I have had to adjust my aim points.. Certain Cruisers seem a little harder to citadel than before.. or I am just getting old..:Smile_teethhappy:

Players
680 posts
5,059 battles

Missouri seems to be fine past days I run APRM2 on it. You get the usual bad RNG kicked in now and then.

[COMFY]
Players
588 posts
1,497 battles

I say it’s more of this, which affects all ships:

Missouri may be suffering more then usual since it has the large dispersion for “unlocked” but decent sigma system.

• Funny 1

Players
4,569 posts
8,258 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

If you shoot at targets you are not locked on to, that is a personal problem.

If you refer to the linked topic about the possible lock-on bug: thats not what its about.

[CATS]
Players
20,018 posts
12,420 battles
20 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

None of these came up in the search function.

I wonder how I found them then....

Players
4,529 posts
9,449 battles
5 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

I say it’s more of this, which affects all ships:

Missouri may be suffering more then usual since it has the large dispersion for “unlocked” but decent sigma system.

If there is some problem with Missouri dispersion, I'd think that this would be a more likely cause.

31 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I wonder how I found them then....

Google?

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles

Just played one match Missouri and definetely can say: Works as always. Got probably lucky at times, but overall it was very accurate.

Also im running the Plotting room mod.

Players
1,560 posts
5,928 battles

Both the WG devs and LittleWhiteMouse (LWM) posted replies with lots of good stats which showed that nothing had changed with the Missouri's dispersement -

WG showed that the AM2 mod was working correctly with the dispersion circle getting smaller as it should.

LWM showed a dispersion map for 500+ shells done when the Missouri was new (done for ship release review) and compared that to a dispersion map done during the "what has changed" time period and both were the same.

As much as I also felt that the dispersion was subject to far more RNG than usual, the overall dispersion hasn't actually changed.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
16 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

because it still doesn't feel right. I don't have a lot of experience with this ship, especially not before that last nerf/buff, or high tier battles in general but the dispersion just feels bad, and continues to feel worse with the module that is supposed to improve it.

Basicly, you "feel" it doesn't do as well as the cherry picked videos and screenshots you saw before you got it would make you believe it would always do.

Here's a tip, "feelings" are basicly worthless as evidence for anything.

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
16 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I have the same experience with this ship. Well, I dont think in my case is the dispersion problem but the overpens. After 180 battles it feels bad compared to other high tier BBs in game.

Can print more money with Salem.

But as we know WG did make some changes in balistic of AP shells that affect all (BB) ships in game, so i believe there is the problem.

• Cool 1

Players
22 posts
2,790 battles
Am 4.9.2018 um 22:54, Hades_warrior sagte:

I have the same experience with this ship. Well, I dont think in my case is the dispersion problem but the overpens. After 180 battles it feels bad compared to other high tier BBs in game.

Can print more money with Salem.

But as we know WG did make some changes in balistic of AP shells that affect all (BB) ships in game, so i believe there is the problem.

I complety Agree with you. There are so many Bounces and the Ship is 100% Not the same anymore.

If i Play without Aiming System Mod 2 its way better. 

I dont know if WG did it on purpose and did a Real „Nija Nerf“ but i Hope Not and maybe its just a Bugged Module. But they Need to fixed it. And everyone who Knows and likes this ship  does notice the difference. 

Here a Link for a Video from Notser. He is saying, that there happened nothing but read all of the Comments and you will See there are a lot of People wich are saying the same. 

I Hope Finnaly WG will fix it and notice the Problem.

No reason for insult, Because a lot of People Notice that. And yea its 100% something wrong here. If you dont Trust us guys go out there and Play the ship a few Games with the Module and Few Games without, or another Module. 

P.S sry for my Bad English. 

• Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,663 posts
16,801 battles

For :etc_swear:s sake...

ThreadNecro.jpg

21 minutes ago, Abrams2207 said:

I Hope Finnaly WG will fix it and notice the Problem.

This thread was created half a year ago.

No problem was discovered. Nothing about the Missouri guns have changed.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this