You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

3 detonation in a row now

65 comments in this topic

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

What is going on??? These last 2 days Im gettting detonation once every 2-5 games. Its absolutely sickening. What a way to enjoy my holiday. My khaba is an absolute magnet to detonations. I remember when I played shima this happened once every 100 games atleast. Am I the only one expierencing this? Its driving me nuts.

• Funny 5

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

Im gonna start another game and when I get detonated I will write this guys name who liked my post to prove *edited*

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

Seems you forgot the obligatory daily sacrifice to RNGsus... fun and engaging game mechanics at work!

12 ore fa, Zlaraki ha scritto:

Im gonna start another game and when I get detonated I will write this guys name who liked my post to prove*edited*

eh... wut?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Well I got detonated in my Nikolai and I immediately played a Gremy game only to get detonated straight away.

Work that one out with RU bias etc :cat_cool:

Detonations are pure RNG, meanwhile thousands of players have NOT been detonated today at all :Smile_child:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Seems you forgot the obligatory daily sacrifice to RNGsus... fun and engaging game mechanics at work!

eh... wut?

Nothing, it never works when Im trying to make a point. Always unlucky. :Smile_hiding:

shot-18.09.04_01.57.54-0018.jpg

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
26 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

What is going on??? These last 2 days Im gettting detonation once every 2-5 games. Its absolutely sickening. What a way to enjoy my holiday. My khaba is an absolute magnet to detonations. I remember when I played shima this happened once every 100 games atleast. Am I the only one expierencing this? Its driving me nuts.

Khabarovsk is naturally more vulnerable to detonations than Shima because it's getting shot at and hit much more. Shima generally tries to not be shot at and when she is - she dies quickly even without detonations. Khabarovsk can withstand much, much more - giving her a lot more rolls for being detonated :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
738 posts
11,997 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Detonations are pure RNG, meanwhile thousands of players have NOT been detonated today at all :Smile_child:

Detonations are not pure RNG as far as I am aware. There has to be a hit to the magazine for the assumed RNG mechanism to kick in. Ofc, destroyers are more likely to get a hit to the magazine since there is not the armour in the turret feeding mechanism that cruisers and battleships have.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
Just now, Armorin said:

Detonations are not pure RNG as far as I am aware. There has to be a hit to the magazine for the assumed RNG mechanism to kick in. Ofc, destroyers are more likely to get a hit to the magazine since there is not the armour in the turret feeding mechanism that cruisers and battleships have.

The only change WG have made recently is that a full HP ship can't detonate. 

The hit can be anywhere as there are folk who have detonated ships with near missed. 

WoT is different as tanks can be semi reliably ammo racked if their ammo stores are aimed for.

I'll stand to be corrected anyone is better informed.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
738 posts
11,997 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

The only change WG have made recently is that a full HP ship can't detonate. 

The hit can be anywhere as there are folk who have detonated ships with near missed. 

WoT is different as tanks can be semi reliably ammo racked if their ammo stores are aimed for.

I'll stand to be corrected anyone is better informed.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detonation

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
10 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Guess HE splash can kill without striking the magazine directly then...

Yes. I've actually died like that once - killed by an enemy that hit me 0 times :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
738 posts
11,997 battles
16 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Or the friction generated from a overconfidenttm shell passing through maybe :fish_boom:

• Funny 2

[BBMM]
Players
953 posts
4,429 battles

My Roon was detonated the other day, clearly this is because of WG bias, shoddy coding, rigged RNG and nothing whatsoever to do with my being dumb enough to give broadside to a Yamato.

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,061 battles
5 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

Nothing, it never works when Im trying to make a point. Always unlucky. :Smile_hiding:

shot-18.09.04_01.57.54-0018.jpg

Hey, I'm just awake and only now read it. Always like a challenge! :Smile_teethhappy:

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles

Detonations are like SCs - they come in waves :cap_fainting:

atleast for me that is

7 hours ago, Negativvv said:

definetely can confirm that

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,436 battles

One of the downsides of some of the flags is the not so small print at the end that states +X% to the chance of your magazine exploding. And these flags tend to get used by DD's and cruisers a lot.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,827 battles
7 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

congratz on all the flags, i guess

You mean the 10 flags, because the flag rewards for detonations are timegated and thus only available once per day?

Players
1,484 posts
10,124 battles

3 days ago I had 4 detonations in quick succession and they were the first I had had in as long as I can remember. I had run out of flags so I guess WG was getting its quota before I reequipped.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,583 posts
10,292 battles
10 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Well I got detonated in my Nikolai and I immediately played a Gremy game only to get detonated straight away.

Work that one out with RU bias etc :cat_cool:

I agree with the rng part, and I understand the nature of truly random distributions often showing groupings that appear deliberate, but in a game where everything is coded and where a player logs in to suffer detonations so soon after one another it gives the impression of a 'value' of some sort being assigned to a player at times for certain things, as stupid as this sounds and if anyone here can make sense of my poor attempt to explain it.

I haven't been detonated for ages, but when it happens it often happens several times within short intervals and then is gone again...I know some here will call observation bias on my part, but when humans and coding are involved can something ever truly be random? Random is only as random as they make it and we are all assuming they have produced a truly random system. We talk of the rng in the game as if we know everything about it, but is it more accurate to say we only know as much as they have told us?

#tinfoilanyone

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

Im telling you there is something wrong here. 2 games after that I get detonated again by a bomber CV. 

shot-18.09.04_13.27.51-0378.jpg

shot-18.09.04_13.28.26-0936.jpg

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
4 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Im telling you there is something wrong here. 2 games after that I get detonated again by a bomber CV.

IN that case does it really matter? Game was pretty much lost anyway.

If i could choose, id take that kinda deto any day so i can get anti-deto flags.

I feel its not that bad anymore since they removed the full HP detonation.

• Cool 1