You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

Shima hit me with a volley of 13k+ HE

34 comments in this topic

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

So I was sailing around with Khaba just chillin, searching for dd to bully. All of a sudden a wild shima appears and hits me for 13k+ dmg with just one volley HE. He kills me with a devastating strike. No detonation, nada. I have never seen this. No torps either.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,434 posts

Please show us the end result screen. With your mouse hovering over the damage recieved stat, so that the detailed info for who dealt which damage shows. A replay will also do.

Otherwise I'd say that you missed something.

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles

Impossible without a detonation (unless the server just tried to divide by zero).

Shimakaze doesn't have the alpha strike to deal even remotely that much damage. If you really took that much damage in what seemed like a single volley something else must've hit you at the same time and you couldn't differentiate.

If you still can, check the detailed battle reports and hover over the damage recieved column for complete informations on who hit you with how many shells for what damage. There you can see what else has gotten a lick in and mentally backtrack to take a guess what happened.

But a Shimakaze nuking you with her guns for that amount of damage in a single volley is simply impossible without a detonation (or a really, REALLY nasty server damage calculation hickup but this would be the first time I've heard of something of THAT magnitude).

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
2 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

So I was sailing around with Khaba just chillin, searching for dd to bully. All of a sudden a wild shima appears and hits me for 13k+ dmg with just one volley HE. He kills me with a devastating strike. No detonation, nada. I have never seen this. No torps either.

Do you have a replay or some result screenshots to show?

Shimakaze doesn't carry this kind of firepower. The possibilities are:

1. There was some other source of damage than Shima's HE

or

2. You actually did suffer a detonation. Let me remind you here - as this might be important - the "detonation" achievement can only be obtained in Ranked and Randoms. If you happened to play coop, the detonation is very easy to miss because the only difference (other than the abnormal damage, of course) is the symbol that briefly appears in bottom-right corner (it shows the kill report with an explosion symbol instead of shell or torpedo that would be there in case of a normal kill).

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

No replay unfortunately. There was no detonation visible in the down left corner where everyhting is noted. I did see his devastating strike achievement right after he volleyed me and no torps near me. This is the first time I have encountered this.

I must note something else is strange happening since 2 days ago. Im not exegerating but every 2 matches I witness a detonation, mostly on me. Perhaps it was a detonation with a display bug.

[CATS]
Players
19,922 posts
12,406 battles

I wonder why people come to the forum with countless questions instead of just looking at what is shown on their screen....

If you do not understand it, make screenshots. If you do not, we can play the guessing game until the forum is turned off.

• Cool 4

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

Perhaps something happened like I had recently. Played Hindenburg and I awaited a (IIRC) Henry coming from behind a rock, full broadside. Nearly full health. I pre aimed but was distracted for a second and zoomed out. Took the shot "from the hip" (still zoomed out) and actually blapped him. I thought: say what?! Impossible to do that much dmg to oneshoot him. (I was nose in, so had 2 guns). Turned out he took a massive hit from one of our BB's first and 1 split second later I finished the job with 500 dmg. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Pics or it didnt happen.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,263 posts
13,349 battles

Well... I have never seen that as well...

You probably got simultaneously hit by Shima and someone else.

If in doubt, after battle, you can check damage received in full detail in post-battle stats.

• Cool 1

Players
1,565 posts
10,241 battles
49 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I think same happened to me yesterday. I suspect some are using illegal programs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,704 posts
20,626 battles

Shima has 6 guns, max HE damage is 1800/shell, so 10.8 k for a maximum damage salvo, not enough for 13k+.

• Cool 1

Players
927 posts
8,496 battles
20 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I think same happened to me yesterday. I suspect some are using illegal programs.

How would they do it though?  I dont think the server would let them

Players
2,109 posts
15,298 battles
Vor 53 Minuten, 22cm sagte:

Shima has 6 guns, max HE damage is 1800/shell, so 10.8 k for a maximum damage salvo, not enough for 13k+.

This max damage can only be dealt if all shells hit a citadel, which is not possible on a DD like Khabarovsk because it doesn't have one.

[-AP-]
Players
1,862 posts
4,611 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

Which is completely impossible because all calculations are made server-side.

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

Close this thread please. Without evidence there is little to talk about. I have finaly enabled my replays so in the future I will be able to provide footage. This is the first time Ive seen something like this in 2k battles, even if its a code problem/hack or whatever, one in 2k games is nothing to cry about. Thank you all who tried to make sense of all this.

• Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,862 posts
4,611 battles
6 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Well, not completely... someone could have hacked the server.

doesnt work like that

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,870 posts
10,127 battles
7 hours ago, thiextar said:

Which is completely impossible because all calculations are made server-side.

Meet @Boris_MNE , approximately 95% of all that he says is advanced sarcasm.

Next level sarcasm, some would say. Others would call it trolling.

In any case, sounds like you're getting an all expenses paid trip to sunny Siberia again soon, Boris :Smile_trollface:

[BBMM]
Players
4,128 posts
4,647 battles
13 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Perhaps something happened like I had recently. Played Hindenburg and I awaited a (IIRC) Henry coming from behind a rock, full broadside. Nearly full health. I pre aimed but was distracted for a second and zoomed out. Took the shot "from the hip" (still zoomed out) and actually blapped him. I thought: say what?! Impossible to do that much dmg to oneshoot him. (I was nose in, so had 2 guns). Turned out he took a massive hit from one of our BB's first and 1 split second later I finished the job with 500 dmg. :Smile_teethhappy:

The reverse thing sometimes happens to me. I am looking at a juicy cruiser, and then he shoots me.

But meanwhile, I haven't noticed some big fat BB (might be undetected) targeting me as well... 

Players
1,474 posts
10,121 battles

I play Shimakaze almost every day and there is absolutely no way a single salvo from a Shima can delete the Khaba... I suspect that the Shimakaze was not the only ship firing at you.

[WTFNO]
Players
27 posts
7,048 battles

I think something else hit you from where you weren't looking and the Shima took off what was left. Unless you can provide a screenshot of the total damage & number of hits the Shima gave you (end-of-battle damage summary screen), I call BS / lack of awareness / hysteria. Though if you swear he got dev. strike from one salvo, it IS pretty suspicious...

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
1 hour ago, Lt_Lazlow said:

I think something else hit you from where you weren't looking and the Shima took off what was left. Unless you can provide a screenshot of the total damage & number of hits the Shima gave you (end-of-battle damage summary screen), I call BS / lack of awareness / hysteria. Though if you swear he got dev. strike from one salvo, it IS pretty suspicious...

Yes I looked up his name and it was indeed the shima who got the devastating strike without torps or detonation but considering how many detonations ive got lately which is already suspicious, I wouldnt be suprised if it was a display bug with a detonation.