Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
diamondkey1

Speedcap and Le Terrible

16 comments in this topic

[-FIN-]
Players
4 posts
1,291 battles

In my opinion the speedcap should be raised from 48.9 knots to something like 60 knots with the introduction of Le Terrible because theoritically it should be able to go faster than the speedcap with speedboost and Sierra Mike signal flags.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[-FIN-]
Players
4 posts
1,291 battles

Well the game has hard cap for ships (48.9 knots). Le Terrible is just the first ship that can reach it (and should actually be able to go over it)

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles

Russian speedometers don't go over 48,9 knots because they can only knot so much rope until vodka runs out and sailor starts revolutioning. And new age sailors who've lost the art of revolutionizing to get what they want aren't the same breed anymore, can't hold their liquor so they won't even get to that many knots anyway, wimps.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

if there isnt speedcap, it should be. what for would be to go over 50 knots anyway? not to mention that even todays warships arent able to go so fast. why not introduce ships that can sail sideways?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
1 hour ago, puxflacet said:

why not introduce ships that can sail sideways?

Isn't that why everyone raced everyone else to find the end of the world in the early days so they could bordersurf to their advantage?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
93 posts
6,988 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Isn't that why everyone raced everyone else to find the end of the world in the early days so they could bordersurf to their advantage?

Bat ai wont tu shuut al mai gans

• Funny 2

Players
927 posts
8,496 battles
14 hours ago, puxflacet said:

if there isnt speedcap, it should be. what for would be to go over 50 knots anyway? not to mention that even todays warships arent able to go so fast. why not introduce ships that can sail sideways?

some of them actually are, look at norwegian Skjold class. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
938 posts
4,411 battles
16 hours ago, puxflacet said:

if there isnt speedcap, it should be. what for would be to go over 50 knots anyway?

The quicker I can get into battle, the quicker I can be choosing which ship to fail sail in next. :Smile_great:

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts
16 hours ago, puxflacet said:

that has more to do with the changed role of navies in post ww2 world than with technological limitations.

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
On 4. 9. 2018 at 3:14 PM, tenacious_torps said:

that has more to do with the changed role of navies in post ww2 world than with technological limitations.

really? how so? the thing is that there are actually physical limitations of what speed can conventional ship (with propellers) with this displacement can reach... and 50 knots i believe is right about that

still it is a fact that la fantasque broke the record for a warship with "just" 45 knots (which itself is completely ridiculously fast for a warship)...and this thing is 10 knots faster. do we really need that?

nothing in this game is more powercreeped than speed. WG went over the top with the frenchies. they brought the speed gimmick not realizing that russians are already the speed demons? when khabarovsk was introduced the speed race was already over

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
9 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

really? how so? the thing is that there are actually physical limitations of what speed can conventional ship (with propellers) with this displacement can reach... and 50 knots i believe is right about that

I'll just say the current Guinness World Record for the fastest propeller-driven boat is 226,78 knots.

That's obviously a min-maxed one-of-a-kind machine specifically engineered for that stunt only, but this kind of performance is scaleable to a degree with ship size and tonnage (even beneficially so because of square-cube law). Then use hydroplanes to minimize friction with water and I doubt the 50 knot mark would be anything particularily difficult to crack.

Sign in to follow this