Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sargento_YO

Aircraft Carrier premiums after the rework - What kind of refund?

34 comments in this topic

Players
1,289 posts
7,534 battles

I hope there will be an official answer about this.

I mainly play Cvs. I saw the rework and I really don't like the new gameplay. And I'm not talking about the details (like the fact that carriers will have an even more influence in the battlefield since now they will be damage farmers) but it fails in the very first reason of why anyone plays any kind of game; after the rework it seems they will be BORING.  (Fly from your mobile base spawn point towards the target, drop your load... Rinse and repeat).

Currently I have alot of fun with cvs, so much that they are the main reason of why I play this game. From time to time I play other´s clases but only when I want some variety.

It's like going to eat at Mc loland´s or Burguer prince... You mainly go there due the hamburguers despite the fact you might end eating french fries or chicken nuggets.

That is why I brought two cvs; Kaga and Saipan (I would have brought Enterprise and GZ if I would had the money). Also I brought them because I knew these can't be nerfed. After the rework and nerf and I wouldn't have any reason to play this game (if I wanted to control planes I could play World of warplanes or Warthunder). So a refund in doubloons and/or xp would be totally useless to me.

So, I leave this question on the devs: how will be the refund and more importantly, you will refund premium cvs in EUROS??

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,726 posts
27,950 battles
1 minute ago, Peffers said:

I want real Spanish Dubloons.

In your case it will only be pesetas :cap_haloween:

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,348 battles

Im not happy as well but I don't think we will get much of an answer, you can always find another game to play

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
284 posts
14,355 battles
21 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

In your case it will only be pesetas :cap_haloween:

Why?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

As much as I'd love to see it, I can't see WG giving out cash refunds at whatever price we paid.

They probably don't have that sort of cash that's liquid and ready to go back out :Smile_teethhappy:

I would not want doubloons as I'm far nearer the end of my Ships experience than I am at the start of it. I've literally got nothing I would spend £100 of doubloons on.

I would take a huge chunk of WoT FXP so I could unlock the few lines I'm playing but even then, it isn't great.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
2 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

So, I leave this question on the devs: how will be the refund and more importantly, you will refund premium cvs in EUROS??

This I can answer you with certainty - no, they won't.

Perhaps it will be possible to get some doublons. More likely there will be some options for swapping premium CVs for premiums of other classes. But I wouldn't hold any hope for literal refunds in the form of real-world money. And even if they did offer refunds like these, they wouldn't be available to people who've clocked well over a hundred battles in each affected premium they'd like refunded...

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

considering OP does basically nothing but massive amounts of sealclubbing, I'm having a hard time feeling much compassion here...

• Cool 6
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[THROW]
[THROW]
Weekend Tester
992 posts
5,600 battles

Well, OP, I guess you'll have to learn to play now, eh?

• Bad 2

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,163 battles
8 hours ago, Lord_WC said:

Well, OP, I guess you'll have to learn to play now, eh?

You do know cvs are the hardest class to play in game right? So I think its all you non cv players need to learn to play

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

You do know cvs are the hardest class to play in game right? So I think its all you non cv players need to learn to play

Playing tier 5 CV is like shooting fish in a barrel. Even after the removal of manual drop it is so disgusting that I feel dirty just thinking about it.

No offense OP but there's plenty for you to learn and enjoy about the game. You don't "enjoy" the other classes because it's not nearly as easy farming damage and wins. You didn't even succeed in high tier CV yet.

• Cool 2

Players
4,006 posts
7,573 battles

Never mind OP, you can take a DD out and sit stationary in a cloud of smoke instead.

Let me know how that works out for you.

• Funny 4

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

A bit uncalled for to call out OP for seal clubbing or whatever. Thought we were discussing whether WG would dare give out cash refunds.

They did mention on their FB page that refunds would come but haven't elaborated on the exact means.

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
Players
284 posts
12,615 battles

Expecting Dubloon trade-in like Belfast&Kutuzov after smoke-rework.

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
4,708 posts
20,696 battles
13 minutes ago, Bmsrt said:

Expecting Dubloon trade-in like Belfast&Kutuzov after smoke-rework.

Obviously.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Belfast and Kutuzov changes are far less drastic than the CV rework.

WG will argue that you're getting new ships for free and they don't actually have to offer us anything as I'm sure their small print has hundreds of get our clauses.

I really have got nothing left to buy in WoWS and in WoT I'm happy to grind rather than have more gold there. So I'll be upset with anything less than a full refund but I also know it isn't realistic.

[FAILS]
Players
248 posts
15,810 battles

Belfast for Kaga/Saipan and Kutuzov for Enterprise/Graf Zeppelin seems about right, so after the CV change, their ships are still OP. And no, I am not serious, no idea how they are going to handle it, but compensation will leave some, or rather a lot, or rather most of the "old" CV mains dissapointed, as will the rework itself.

[HEROZ]
Players
764 posts
6,778 battles

They will handle it as simple as possible. Refund for doubloons. Nothing else makes sense. No ship swaps, no money return, nothing.

Also the walue will be exactly the same as purchase price. Otherwise people would buy ships back after refund.

For those who want money refund this wont be possible. The only possible situation when you can demand money refund is if only your ship was changed. When cv that you purchased dropped in value and you are entitled to a refund option by law.

But this is a class change. Not ship change. You would have to prove that the value of your ship dropped, and good luck with that. Ship value is something complicated with this kind of overhaul, and nobody will bother with analysis, if you deserve those 50 euros back, or not.

A simple change, lets say to lower number of planes on premium carrier is an obvous nerf. You can get money back.

But class overhaul is like smoke overchaul. Its change, not nerf, and if you like it or not its your problem.

So no, no EUROS.