You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_chikor

My feedback as a CV player ( cv rework )

35 comments in this topic

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles

WG , believe me it's very hard for me to make a topic in this forum without ranting .

but i have to say i absolutely loved the first prototype , you have 100% approval from me . just make sure a team with a CV + minotaur will not have bigger advantage from a team with a CV  + zao . 

also make sure the AA visual is at its finest , its actually as important as the gameplay itself ( not realy but you know what i mean ) 

thanks you WG .

PS : btw can i  now have my warning points removed ? 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
257 posts
3,072 battles

after watching the stream on twitch it looks like i will need to actually play it, then decide if i like it or now both as a CV and a Ship

watching those rockets light 2 fires on that dd and still having what looked to be 2 strikes left looked a little OP 

• Cool 1

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
14 minutes ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

Why have you got warning points?

becasue WG cant take a  joke in their forum 

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
11 minutes ago, Warhawk1984 said:

after watching the stream on twitch it looks like i will need to actually play it, then decide if i like it or now both as a CV and a Ship

watching those rockets light 2 fires on that dd and still having what looked to be 2 strikes left looked a little OP 

yeah thats op , doing 3 k dmg to a dd ,,, man thats so bad,  this game i had yesterday is more balanced 

shot-18.09.02_15.56.16-0365.jpg

• Funny 1

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
8 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and what made you think this needed to be its own thread? narcissist much? :fish_palm:

becasuse i am a drama queen ? 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
17 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

becasue WG cant take a  joke in their forum 

Your very presence suggests otherwise.

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Your very presence suggests otherwise.

yeah i would say yes if they didnt ban me for 1 year in their world of tanks forums and they felt for absolutly no reason they should give me another year so i ended up 2 years banned from wot forums ... WG joke i guess 

[CU]
Players
201 posts
16,082 battles
35 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

WG , believe me it's very hard for me to make a topic in this forum without ranting .

but i have to say i absolutely loved the first prototype , you have 100% approval from me . just make sure a team with a CV + minotaur will not have bigger advantage from a team with a CV  + zao . 

also make sure the AA visual is at its finest , its actually as important as the gameplay itself ( not realy but you know what i mean ) 

thanks you WG .

PS : btw can i  now have my warning points removed ? 

Noticed that the known "good" forum cv players (who have expressed a preference so far) seem pretty positive about the rework, which I wasn't expecting. I would consider this a positive.

Players
257 posts
3,072 battles
25 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

yeah thats op , doing 3 k dmg to a dd ,,, man thats so bad,  this game i had yesterday is more balanced 

shot-18.09.02_15.56.16-0365.jpg

you missed my point completely 2 fires on a dd's there gonna put them out 2 fires again 8 seconds later and there dead and you still have 1 strike left as a reserve.

its the same with torpedos get 2 floods your gonna use your DCP then wat 8 seconds later 2 more floods?

lose alpha to cripple ships with dots both fire and flood it can work but not at the current fire flood chance.

would prefer a slow leak and a glorious guns firing death as i slowly sink, to the current cross drop dead back to port 

over all i would say the idea overall is good, better than we currently have, be interesting to see how well players adjust to having to send the aa fire bow/aft/port/starboard.

in my experience 90% of players dont even react to planes until the first torp is spotted/ Player controlled aa after the fact will lead to a lot of tears  

• Cool 1

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
11 minutes ago, Muppeteer said:

Noticed that the known "good" forum cv players (who have expressed a preference so far) seem pretty positive about the rework, which I wasn't expecting. I would consider this a positive.

first of all known ? its bad , people like you and these , nah i will pass . 

and yes , if its good , its good , there is no other way arround it , i like it 

shot-18.07.08_14.29.48-0787.jpg

shot-18.08.06_12.07.40-0689.jpg

[AAO]
Players
2,263 posts
11,116 battles
45 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

just make sure a team with a CV + minotaur will not have bigger advantage from a team with a CV  + zao .

Well, it will.

With CVs no longer having the potential to immediately delete a DD, and no more real fighters, the DD-hunting-CV and CV-sniping-CV will increase massively.

So holding a (especially radar, but even more smt like wooster) mino relatively close to you to prevent both options would in general have a bigger advantage, certainly in the long run, given that one (or both) of the above options occurs, where the red DD/CV is wasting time, while you can actively influence the game.

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Well, it will.

With CVs no longer having the potential to immediately delete a DD, and no more real fighters, the DD-hunting-CV and CV-sniping-CV will increase massively.

So holding a (especially radar, but even more smt like wooster) mino relatively close to you to prevent both options would in general have a bigger advantage, certainly in the long run, given that one (or both) of the above options occurs, where the red DD/CV is wasting time, while you can actively influence the game.

so i understand you are wellcoming these changes , witch is good 

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
284 posts
14,346 battles

Wowp lite.

Obviously , loads of variables can be dialled up and down within the mechanics of an airstrike lots of potential for pay to play.

Loads of different plane mechanics for nations.

The overall gameplay has not been thought through the actual CV gameplay (not planes).

Looking at the game play DDs are dead, no matter how much damage id dialled down.

sniping may be an issue but personally I would introduce a CAP size dependent on tier.

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
284 posts
14,346 battles

apologies keep having thoughts.

the actual attack profile would work better for squadrons of MTBs.

[AAO]
Players
2,263 posts
11,116 battles
15 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

so i understand you are wellcoming these changes , witch is good 

That's not what I said. Don't like or dislike it atm.

I just responded to your comment.

Players
1,289 posts
7,525 battles

Cvs will have a much higher influence on the battle now, specially with infinite planes the carrier (ahem, the mobile spawn point because you will not control the ship anymore) will keep it's damage output throught the entire battle (specially at the end, when ships will have their aa destroyed due the battle) and you will not be able to wear down the strike capability of the carrier at all (only delay it with the penalty).

Also, cvs will race each other to farm the most amount of damage possible, nothing more.

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
7 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Cvs will have a much higher influence on the battle now, specially with infinite planes the carrier (ahem, the mobile spawn point because you will not control the ship anymore) will keep it's damage output throught the entire battle (specially at the end, when ships will have their aa destroyed due the battle) and you will not be able to wear down the strike capability of the carrier at all (only delay it with the penalty).

Also, cvs will race each other to farm the most amount of damage possible, nothing more.

pls dont cretisize them ,,,,,, not yet . 

give them time at least before you made your opinion

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
6 minutes ago, wot_chikor said:

pls dont cretisize them ,,,,,, not yet . 

give them time at least before you made your opinion

You do know that these "changes" have been there since april, as per notser's comments today?

If WG is due something, is all the "doubt" you can put on them, they are proven "failers", messing up as much as possible as often as possible.

[ZPT]
Players
195 posts

Well as a 3d kids game looks great, but thats were I end the compliments. I can understand the rework is hard job first of all because WG took since launch to fix the UI scalling so I guess fixing the CV UI and making it fluid would take at least 10 years. 2nd Because another of wargamings problem was balance, and knowing what I know today and seeing how balance has been handled since day one we all know that was an impossible task. 

What beter way to ruin a game than in a completely new way?!? World of Warplanes faillled miserably, so why not reproduce the failure in World of Warships, it isn't like it hasn t been tried before. The only thing that suprised me in this whole ordeal was the rockets! What beter way to sink a WWII era ship than with rockets? It was a comon sight in naval warfare at that time. I'd say it would be fun to see the pilots throwing rocks at the ships with an open cockpit or even lasers.......but I guess rockets will have to do. In fact rockets have been rumored to apear in game for quite some time........but I guess planes are the perfect weapon to fire them.

I am not criticizing anything, I just think that this can go 2 ways......either it is a miserable failure or a huge sucess. Knowing how well wargaming balances things and how well the interface works ....I am beting on the 1st. Oh and did I mention how laggy it will probably be? Yeah......

[BOTZ]
Players
451 posts
13,115 battles
4 minutes ago, Juanx said:

You do know that these "changes" have been there since april, as per notser's comments today?

If WG is due something, is all the "doubt" you can put on them, they are proven "failers", messing up as much as possible as often as possible.

man , no one likes WG ,,, but this time i want to give them a chance , for some reason i feel they truly deserve it , they did well 

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,509 posts
6,848 battles
4 minutes ago, Black0rchid said:

Well as a 3d kids game looks great, but thats were I end the compliments. I can understand the rework is hard job first of all because WG took since launch to fix the UI scalling so I guess fixing the CV UI and making it fluid would take at least 10 years. 2nd Because another of wargamings problem was balance, and knowing what I know today and seeing how balance has been handled since day one we all know that was an impossible task. 

What beter way to ruin a game than in a completely new way?!? World of Warplanes faillled miserably, so why not reproduce the failure in World of Warships, it isn't like it hasn t been tried before. The only thing that suprised me in this whole ordeal was the rockets! What beter way to sink a WWII era ship than with rockets? It was a comon sight in naval warfare at that time. I'd say it would be fun to see the pilots throwing rocks at the ships with an open cockpit or even lasers.......but I guess rockets will have to do. In fact rockets have been rumored to apear in game for quite some time........but I guess planes are the perfect weapon to fire them.

I am not criticizing anything, I just think that this can go 2 ways......either it is a miserable failure or a huge sucess. Knowing how well wargaming balances things and how well the interface works ....I am beting on the 1st. Oh and did I mention how laggy it will probably be? Yeah......

Well it'll be a lot easier to balance the CVs after the rework, which is one of the biggest reasons for it in the first place, which means that what few minutes of the rework we've seen already looks better than the years of crappy CV gameplay up to this point.....also WoWp is a pretty decent game right now

[F-R-M]
Beta Tester
93 posts
3,099 battles

I like it but definitely want direct CV control to be added. Just seems like an important quality of life element that's important to have as an option as I feel you should be able to directly control any ship in WOWS. In addition to being important in making it less frustrating when your CV is being attacked by the other CV.

• Cool 1