Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Juanx

[PSA] Looking for a laugh?

21 comments in this topic

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

If you guys are looking to have a laugh, go check the steam forums, its pure comedy gold there.

Steam forums

There are now arguments regarding invisifire and how its done, the usual slew of ignorance ragarding basics of the game, the full house.

Have a look, get some popcorn ready beforehand.

• Funny 1

Players
4,566 posts
8,252 battles

I'm pretty much 99.9% sure the amount of XP you get per match decreases the more you play a ship in one day also... down to at like 1/2 the full amount after only a few games.

where the ♥♥♥♥ is this magical button that allows premium ships to throw off my bombers formation? my AA attacks never do that, EVER, why do premium ships do it?

Bildergebnis für laughing gif meme
  • Funny 9

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
14 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

where the ♥♥♥♥ is this magical button that allows premium ships to throw off my bombers formation? my AA attacks never do that, EVER, why do premium ships do it?

Well, whoever wrote that, isn't THAT far off - it literally is a magic button and the lowest tier it appears on is on a premium ship afaik :Smile_teethhappy:

...wait for that guy to reach t6 CVs and experience strafing...

Less funny: this shows how much information a typical new player gets and how much he lacks. Here we don't see that much of this because people either don't reach the Forum or - those who do - get promptly educated one way or another... there they are in their own group and ignorance can develop naturally without much meddling from the less ignorant. Showing how opaque the rules really are for someone who just starts off.

• Cool 3

Players
4,566 posts
8,252 battles
8 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I think @Boris_MNE would have a field day there :Smile_trollface:

He would need to quit his day-job for that!

3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Less funny: this shows how much information a typical new player gets and how much he lacks. Here we don't see that much of this because people either don't reach the Forum or - those who do - get promptly educated one way or another... there they are in their own group and ignorance can develop naturally without much meddling from the less ignorant. Showing how opaque the rules really are for someone who just starts off.

Good point right there. And pretty much proof for what many guys argue for a long time, that players dont have easy access to the needed information.

[BS4]
Players
1,108 posts
6,242 battles
52 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

He has a DAY job???!!!:Smile_teethhappy:

1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

I like the thread headed " Better rewards for nice players":cap_haloween:

[BYOB]
Players
3,807 posts
15,469 battles
3 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Guys, everyone started somewhere:D

Indeed, I watched Jingles first.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
244 posts
6,164 battles

I just played, and when reached higher tiers, then started to watch the videos at wargaming site, then watch fun videos, then im hereXDnever thought i will still enjoy this game after 1 year, and spend that much money......

Players
484 posts
10,137 battles

I was crap for the first 1000 games as I didn't have a ruddy clue what was going off, I watched lots of YouTubers videos and learnt the practices which made them good.  Still not there but a damn sight better than I was and to be fair no thanks to WoWS at all.  I have always wondered why they didn't have any kind of tutorial what so ever and left it to players to figure it out. :Smile_facepalm:

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

Well, whoever wrote that, isn't THAT far off - it literally is a magic button and the lowest tier it appears on is on a premium ship afaik :Smile_teethhappy:

...wait for that guy to reach t6 CVs and experience strafing...

3 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Good point right there. And pretty much proof for what many guys argue for a long time, that players dont have easy access to the needed information.

That is sadly(for them and their teammates) not true. A simple youtube or google search is enough to dispel any doubts you might have about the game, you do need to be able to read tho...

The argument that people has a hard time finding how the game works has only been true on the alpha phase, since then, there are hundres of hours of youtube videos explaining everything in every language, the issue is that people only wants to pewpew, and they should look for single player games if all they care for is pewpew really, in a game with mechanics, you need to care to be able to learn.

The results are glaringly clear with the complaints about a playerbase consisting mostly of sub 50 IQ players, having been attracted by the pewpew but not caring enough to learn how to pewpew against other players that care.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
3 minutes ago, Juanx said:

That is sadly(for them and their teammates) not true. A simple youtube or google search is enough to dispel any doubts you might have about the game, you do need to be able to read tho...

The argument that people has a hard time finding how the game works has only been true on the alpha phase, since then, there are hundres of hours of youtube videos explaining everything in every language, the issue is that people only wants to pewpew, and they should look for single player games if all they care for is pewpew really, in a game with mechanics, you need to care to be able to learn.

The results are glaringly clear with the complaints about a playerbase consisting mostly of sub 50 IQ players, having been attracted by the pewpew but not caring enough to learn how to pewpew against other players that care.

There's a big difference between information being obtainable from third party sources on the Internet and properly delivered within the game. Sure, it's not super hard to find out how HE penetration works etc. but the game gives you nothing on that. The game doesn't inform you about the effects of attaching a plane to an enemy attack squadrons and then there are alt-attacks and AA consumable, not to mention ATROCIOUS presentation of AA fire - a CV player might not even know why his planes died suddenly unless he actively seeks out information outside the game. This is not a good system.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

There's a big difference between information being obtainable from third party sources on the Internet and properly delivered within the game. Sure, it's not super hard to find out how HE penetration works etc. but the game gives you nothing on that. The game doesn't inform you about the effects of attaching a plane to an enemy attack squadrons and then there are alt-attacks and AA consumable, not to mention ATROCIOUS presentation of AA fire - a CV player might not even know why his planes died suddenly unless he actively seeks out information outside the game. This is not a good system.

You seem to imply detailed tutorials would change the fact that people mostly CBA, let me give you a free hint: they do not.

Having been gaming "complicated" games all my adult life, I can tell you it seldom is an information issue.

[CU]
Players
327 posts
3,564 battles

My favourite was 'WG tampered with my client, now bots kill me' or something like that after the co-op bot update.

unless he actively seeks out information outside the game

There are plenty of people on there trying to explain the mechanics to them, but none of them seem to want to listen, preferring to blame it on shitty mechanics.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, Malfuss said:

My favourite was 'WG tampered with my client, now bots kill me' or something like that after the co-op bot update.

There was a very good one by the "resident troll", some king guy, you will see it, arguing that invisifire was still a thing and it was all premium hackers, now after the video explanation last week, it posted again.

Boggles the mind really, guess the timfoil hat dealer is making the summer there.

[COMFY]
Players
588 posts
1,497 battles
4 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Guys, everyone started somewhere:D

For me, it’s I showed full broadside in a kawachi vs a pre nerf Nassau at 4km.

i have heard of angled armor before since I do play building games(from the depths)that has that level of complexity, did not think it is in here cause I did read about real life shell vs armor interaction, and in fact discovered bouncing shells when I was doing Nippon charge vs a SC and me wondering why the hell my shells are not penning, and how the hell im taking all that damage :P.

some more research later and more trial and error, now dying less cause derp and having more fun.

also:

Strange? I have not noticed the Budyonny to be more tanky than the Nurenberg? Hmmm... well my Nurenberg captain has survivability expert and my Budyonny captain does not, mebe thats why?

Actually, now that i think about it, i must have been motivated to take survivability expert for Nurenberg (because of it being fragile) and not simarly motivated to take it with Budyonny.... so yea, you are correct!

To be extra sure, I triple checked the wiki on SE and BOS, and yes, he has taken SE on a boat which is well known for exploding, like hell a couple hundred hp will help.

Submarine module for DD - while active you are invisible to all but sonar, the catch is you are limited to submersed submarine speeds

Found this on the suggestions......like lol wut, if he asks for actual subs, fine. This? He must be high.

Players
1,387 posts
6 hours ago, eliastion said:

this shows how much information a typical new player gets and how much he lacks. Here we don't see that much of this because people either don't reach the Forum or - those who do - get promptly educated one way or another... there they are in their own group and ignorance can develop naturally without much meddling from the less ignorant. Showing how opaque the rules really are for someone who just starts off.

Yeah this is a great example. And how sad really that even after all this time the new players are still left in the dark about a lot of key game mechanics.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Todays point of contention seems to be WG using cheap ripoffs of songs for the OST of the game.

As per usual, have popcorn at the ready.

[BYOB]
Players
3,807 posts
15,469 battles
17 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Todays point of contention seems to be WG using cheap ripoffs of songs for the OST of the game.

As per usual, have popcorn at the ready.

Good thing that the guy is too young to make a connection between Scooter's "How much is the fish" and "Ev Christr'ra Laou" from the soundtrack. :Smile_bajan2:

EDIT:

For those who didn't make the connection.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Good thing that the guy is too young to make a connection between Scooter's "How much is the fish" and "Ev Christr'ra Laou" from the soundtrack. :Smile_bajan2:

Dont think it has much to do with age, and more with the general trolling provided by the "guy".

Keep watching you are bound to see some funny stuff posted there.

• Cool 1