You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

CV Rework Discussion

10,938 comments in this topic

[WH1TE]
Players
525 posts
5,737 battles
20 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

They hired Fem didn't they...

Yea as a community manager... And only after the CCs have seen the rework, which judging from their reactions was not so different from what we have seen today.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,670 posts
12,337 battles

On a completely different note, how many other people noticed just how much @Sub_Octavian was crapping his britches at having to be the one to show us all the proposed rework? Towards the end people were demanding maximum AA dakka-dakka and yet, no matter how much they end up putting in game, it is still going to be nothing compared to the flak he is gonna take over this.

• Funny 1

Players
1,281 posts
7,448 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

The stream was about general gameplay, so it's hard to say, how it will be in the final version. Guess they wanted only show, how it looks likes, the graphics and effects and controls.

I know. And the general gameplay seems way too boring. Just do the same thing over and over again.

What I like about the current carrier gameplay it's that I DO feel I'm controlling an Aircraft carrier. With the rework, seems like it's a poorman´s version of world of warplanes, controlling planes which comes from a mobile base spawn point.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Players
5,674 posts
7,033 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

I'm pretty sure, that you can't really flood someone to death. They will blanace that like making floods weaker and stuff ;)

You also just can spam a ship with rockets and burn it while stripping it off AA. Four fires do about as much as a flood. And if you nerf DoT further, that is a nerf not just to CVs, it's a nerf to everything that relies to some part on DoT. So, everything except the typical AP-firing BB.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles
17 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I know. And the general gameplay seems way too boring. Just do the same thing over and over again.

Yes, that's one of the main problems. It looks awesome and it looks exciting right now but without any real strategical and tactical depth it will get boring VEEEEEERY fast .

Unless, SURPRISE SURPRISE, you are one of those *edited* that snipe in the back the whole duration of the match. Then this kind of repetitive, streamlined gameplay will be very appealing.:cap_book:

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,573 posts
8,066 battles
17 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

What I like about the current carrier gameplay it's that I DO feel I'm controlling an Aircraft carrier. With the rework, seems like it's a poorman´s version of world of warplanes, controlling planes which comes from a mobile base spawn point.

I like it more. Now you watch more on a map and icons than being really in battle. I like to see the ships and planes. I mean I even have fun just by looking at it. But looking at the current gameplay is pretty boring. (e.g. when a streamer plays CV) ^^'

17 hours ago, Riselotte said:

You also just can spam a ship with rockets and burn it while stripping it off AA. Four fires do about as much as a flood. And if you nerf DoT further, that is a nerf not just to CVs, it's a nerf to everything that relies to some part on DoT. So, everything except the typical AP-firing BB.

It's really not that hard to make if balance... there are so many possibilities to make it work ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,489 battles

I never understood why the CV interface is what it is now. If you want to play RTS go play a RTS game. It feels so misplaced in this game. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,573 posts
8,066 battles
17 hours ago, OVanBruce said:

Yes, that's one of the main problems. It looks awesome and it looks exciting right now but without any real strategical and tactical depth it will get boring VEEEEEERY fast .

Unless, SURPRISE SURPRISE, you are one of those *edited* that snipe in the back the whole duration of the match. Then this kind of repetitive, streamlined gameplay will be very appealing.:cap_book:

Well, the gameplay now is a bit like the gameplay of all the other ship types, and the other ship types are not that boring.  And I guess there will specific roles for cvs in future just like every ship type has his role. But that's just my opinion

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,281 posts
7,448 battles
2 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I like it more. Now you watch more on a map and icons than being really in battle. I like to see the ships and planes. I mean I even have fun just by looking at it. But looking at the current gameplay is pretty boring. (e.g. when a streamer plays CV) ^^'

When I saw it the very first moment I thought "Well, this isn't THAT bad" but as more I kept watching it more I kept thinking "Seems this will be the same over and over again".
Perhaps wouldn't be too bad if this mode would be some sort of ALTERNATIVE mode for aircraft carriers. But also keeping the original mode.

Hell, I would even accept as a nerf that all "original mode" gameplay would have manual attacks removed.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles
Just now, Linkaex said:

I never understood why the CV interface is what is now. If you want to play RTS go play a RTS game. It feels so misplaced in this game. 

Because carriers don't play like RTS at all. They may look like it just because controls and setup are like an RTS but the set of skills and knowledge has absolutely nothing to do with the ones you need for an RTS. In fact, one of the main factors on defining your skill as an RTS player, Actions Per Minute, is totally counterproductive in current carrier gameplay.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
3,573 posts
8,066 battles
3 minutes ago, pra3y said:

More focus on damage then all rounded gameplay. I think it's the normal player base that will be more pissed than the CV player when they find themselves the sole focus of a CV attack.

Sole focus of 3-4 strike squads or sole focus of one bigger strike squad... makes no difference except the cross dropping and alpha strike potential.

Beta Tester
2,440 posts

Long range and mid range AA cause the black smoke areas, if a plane enters a black smoke, it will lose HP.

Short range AA acts like a degen aura which causes dmg continuously to all planes entering it.

Players
2,006 posts
10,847 battles

Just so all those people who think CV players are all upset, don't complain in the near future when:

a) No one spots for you;

b) No one provide AA support for you;

c) No one sinks and save you from that full health enemy ship coming after you.

We'll just farm damage as dictated by WG's fun CV gameplay style instead of focusing on winning :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

Players
5,674 posts
7,033 battles
17 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

The issue I see, is that there is nothing wrong with one class being RTS-style, rest being FPS. Even if CVs were played by few people, a good bit was due to how dogshit the carrier UI, balancing and MM (T6 CV vs T8 AA...) was. CVs would be far less sparse if that had been fixed. But instead they get adapted to the rest, so that RTS folks will just be able to *edited* and the *edited* who played BBs up to now have a class even saver.

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 2

Players
1,210 posts
6,267 battles
17 hours ago, Riselotte said:

The issue I see, is that there is nothing wrong with one class being RTS-style, rest being FPS. Even if CVs were played by few people, a good bit was due to how dogshit the carrier UI, balancing and MM (T6 CV vs T8 AA...) was. CVs would be far less sparse if that had been fixed. But instead they get adapted to the rest, so that RTS folks will just be able to *edited* and the *edited* who played BBs up to now have a class even saver.

I agree. CV's differ so much from the other classes, that it only seem logical to make it a bit RTS-ish.

If this is going to be anywhere decent, I'm going to play CV's a lot though, even if it's only to annoy the whiny CV haters.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,676 posts
27,474 battles

Thinks it's to soon to judge anything from that short vid.. Looking forward to see the dynamic of game play in full battles, where ships will manoeuvrer to avoid torps and so.

• Cool 3

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
251 posts
14,040 battles

Wowp lite.

Obviously , loads of variables can be dialled up and down within the mechanics of an airstrike lots of potential for pay to play.

Loads of different plane mechanics for nations.

The overall gameplay has not been thought through the actual CV gameplay (not planes).

Looking at the game play DDs are dead, no matter how much damage id dialled down.

sniping may be an issue but personally I would introduce a CAP size dependent on tier.

the actual attack profile would work better for squadrons of MTBs.

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles
6 minutes ago, pra3y said:

We'll just farm damage as dictated by WG's fun CV gameplay style instead of focusing on winning :Smile_teethhappy:

Literally a race on which side's CVs can get damage faster with a high chance of CV unicum divisions dominating the meta. It will be like in OBT and early release when you had 3-4  baBBy rage threads every day except this time we'll be able to tell them "THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED" while we laugh at them. :Smile_popcorn:

2de.jpg.876a7e7c5231e2bd04bdf3ae38a93502.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 2

Players
1,210 posts
6,267 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

where ships will manoeuvrer to avoid torps and so.

You are more optimistic about the playerbase than I am. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,670 posts
12,337 battles
8 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

When I saw it the very first moment I thought "Well, this isn't THAT bad" but as more I kept watching it more I kept thinking "Seems this will be the same over and over again".

Yea, mate, the video was on a loop.

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

Players
5,674 posts
7,033 battles
1 minute ago, Robber_Baron said:

I agree. CV's differ so much from the other classes, that it only seem logical to make it a bit RTS-ish.

If this is going to be anywhere decent, I'm going to play CV's a lot though, even if it's only to annoy the whiny CV haters.

Pretty much. Also, I reckon, it might be a nice ship for Ranked, given you might replace the border camping Conqueror as the loathed star saving damage farmer.

• Funny 2

[PWN3D]
Beta Tester
251 posts
14,040 battles
1 minute ago, Darth_Glorious said:

Waiting a battle with 5 CVs each side:cap_haloween:

^

Players
2,006 posts
10,847 battles
4 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Sole focus of 3-4 strike squads or sole focus of one bigger strike squad... makes no difference except the cross dropping and alpha strike potential.

Ohhhhh it makes alot of difference. You're not looking at it in the big picture of how gameplay will be influenced but the "entertainment'" value of playing CVs.

The new style is more focused on solo play whereas the old style gives you the flexibility of supporting your team. If we're going in the direction of fun rather than teamplay I don't mind giving it a try. I just hope everyone else is ready for it.