You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Helmut_Kohl__

CV Rework Discussion

9,789 comments in this topic

Players
4,166 posts
7,661 battles
1 minute ago, OVanBruce said:

The only thing I kinda ironically liked about this is that you won't get as many "HURR DURR WHY NO FIGHTER COVER REPORT CV" rant in chat after this because this new version of fighters look so bad and ineficient.

Like thats gonna stop them from doing so - Id rather see even more whine in the chat. :crab:

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,113 posts
6,373 battles

While this looks like a lessened version regarding overall strategy (far less map control), it does look quite fun for the action part. The drops look reasonably easy to avoid, so there will be pure salt from the BB that get farmed. Looks like DD will get less shafted though

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,644 posts
14,690 battles
2 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I can't watch: crap connection. Is it possible for the viewers to wrap up the most important issues in a few words here? I am dead curious about it....

You control one squadron. You need to actively dodge AA. You need to manually fire your Bombs/Rockets/Torpedoes. You control your ship on the tactical map only. Fighters are now an ability.

Players
209 posts
5 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I can't watch: crap connection. Is it possible for the viewers to wrap up the most important issues in a few words here? I am dead curious about it....

they will post everything, You can watch later.

Biggest change only 1 squadron to controle at 1 moment,. Air battles between fighter planes becomes minimal, There are rockets.

It feels less tactical and more 1 squadron controle.

Forget asking CV for spotting it seems

Players
2,239 posts
8,225 battles
5 minutos antes, Exocet6951 dijo:

So they went with "rockets have the same effect as IJN 500kg bombs" lul 

Can wait to see the Tiny Tim in action. 

Every ship within 2km with 4 fires, and 6k damage.

Kappa

Well, we have Zao, Mega Zao.... it's obvious that we need a Sky Zao :fish_haloween:

• Funny 3

Players
4,050 posts
8,884 battles
Just now, Milckenbom said:

they will post everything, You can watch later.

Biggest change only 1 squadron to controle at 1 moment,. Air battles between fighter planes becomes minimal, There are rockets.

It feels less tactical and more 1 squadron controle.

They really need to balance things though (it's really OP in the vid), but I understand that what they showed was merely the concept of gameplay.

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles
Just now, Comodoro_Allande said:

Well, we have Zao, Mega Zao.... it's obvious that we need a Sky Zao :fish_haloween:

You mean, Sky cancer?

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
3,750 posts
4,110 battles
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Basically:

- no more fighterplanes (so no more spotting and air superiority);

- you have to control the squadrons like ÿou fly the first plane";

- limited bombs but you can do more runs or something;

- endless planes (you can still deplete squadrons, CV has to launch new squadron).

We'll see how that works out. But no more clicking on a map kind a thing.

CV players will now have to focus in order to bomb/torp/ROCKET(yes a new thing) a ship.

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,357 battles

So basically it will be literally impossible to play carriers solo given how drops, SPECIALLY torpedo bomber drops because having a team mate to division with will be indispensable if you ever want to do hammer and anvil tactics.

Basically, prepare for full, 3 CVs, unicum divisions dominating the game.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
2,154 posts
13,864 battles
10 minutes ago, OVanBruce said:

The only thing I kinda ironically liked about this is that you won't get as many "HURR DURR WHY NO FIGHTER COVER REPORT CV" rant in chat after this because this new version of fighters look so bad and ineficient.

Really, we still have people who think that taking no damage will give them a lower service cost. So how long do you think it'll take the community to know that CVs no longer have fighters for air cover or spotting?:cap_yes:

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

I cant say I'm impressed with what I'm seeing.

my prediction was right on the mark and the monkeys devs have taken the easy route by cobbling that SSM game play they were testing with the Russian destroyers they cancelled with the carrier gameplay to make a rather crap looking flight sim type mash up

I can now see why all the CCs who actually took the time to learn how to play carriers hate the 're-work' and all those that are too brainless to use anything other than battleships love it to bits. they couldn't have fucked this up for the dedicated carrier enthusiasts any more than this if they tried

I said it when the re work was announced and it seems fitting to repeat it

"If I want to fly the planes instead of managing them at squadron level I'll play warthunder thanks"

Personally @Sub_Octavian I'll take the monetary worth of the premium carrier I have in a direct refund if you dont mind I have no need for the doubloons. the only ship line I was stock piing for was for the UK carriers and now i dont think I'll be bothering.

• Cool 1

Players
4,309 posts
11,820 battles
1 minute ago, Milckenbom said:

no.  They didn't say.

You have bombs, rockets and torps. But you don't really controle fighter squadrons (???).

As I understood the strike squads are manually controlled. What's stopping them to just fly the whole squad into a ship? We have ship to ship ramming?

Players
1,983 posts
10,766 battles
1 minute ago, 159Hunter said:

Really, we still have people who think that taking no damage will give them a lower service cost. So how long do you think it'll take the community to know that CVs no longer have fighters for air cover or spotting?:cap_yes:

Never, if the economic change is any indication. "I HAVE FULL HEALTH SHIP WHY DO I STILL HAVE TO PAY REPAIR COST!!!!!"

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,838 posts
10,601 battles
13 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

It is a 3rd person "turkey shoot" without any risks for the CV player. 

No fighter duels, no permanent plane loss, just damage farming. 

• Cool 3

Players
5,455 posts
6,774 battles

Whelp, this'll be cancer for CVs and their target. Exactly as expected. CV players get their gameplay overhauled to be less influential and skill-based, while the target will certainly appreciate potentially getting perma-flooded by a CV that can just snipe you with TBs. Or when you can drop AP bombs with pinpoint accuracy...

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,113 posts
6,373 battles

It looks like the TB are toned down  - although there are 10 planes In a squad, they seem to only drop 3 torps between them. Although they can then turn around and do a second drop from what it seems

Players
934 posts
4,251 battles
20 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

But where is the CV in actual game? Who will sail the CV while the CV player flies the squadron? :Smile_hiding:

@Sub_Octavian has said on stream that it'll be controlled via the map only, though they're updating the map and controls to give you better ability to control the ship. It's not been shown on the video though.

Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

- no more fighterplanes (so no more spotting and air superiority);

Fighters will still be in the game but you'll station them on the map and they'll attack enemy planes automatically. If that's correct it means no more strafing but no direct fighter control either. Presumably you can still spot by moving your fighters to a new area, remains to be seen how effectively you can control them.

2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

- limited bombs but you can do more runs or something;

A squadron with 12 planes will only have 3 dropping ordnance on an attack run, so you might get 4 runs from a 12-plane squadron, assuming none get shot down in earlier runs. After each attack run, the planes that dropped will automatically return to the CV, the rest you'll continue controlling for subsequent attacks.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,644 posts
14,690 battles
1 minute ago, pra3y said:

Wow no deplaning :cap_haloween:

You can knock out guns/torpedo tubes, you can destroy AA mounts and secondary guns, but the carrier will always have the ability to hurt you. This is brain free gaming.

• Cool 3

Players
209 posts
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

As I understood the strike squads are manually controlled. What's stopping them to just fly the whole squad into a ship? We have ship to ship ramming?

So far that I understand,. The squadrons are much bigger than before.  The airplanes that did their attack  go to the CV. The planes that still have torps  can do a new run. It seems that only 3 planes (?) can do an attack at 1 time. So 1 squardon = multiple attacks

Also when all the airplanes have done all attacks a fresh squaron is ready on the CV

Beta Tester
803 posts
4,376 battles

So this is what I have been waiting for. 3 years. 

I need to ... sry just leave me in silence for a bit.

• Funny 1