You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

"Alaska" seen in the wild... possibly/hopefully next FreeXP ship... I hope...

82 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,669 posts
11,156 battles

Hi all,

"Alaska" seen in the wild... possibly/hopefully next FreeXP ship... I hope... :Smile_Default:

Last night I had a pleasure of playing game with 3 "WGP2W" Clan members one of which sailed the "Alaska" - it was a good fight and we won! :Smile_honoring:

Unfortunately we spawned on opposite sides of the map (I was in my "Fletcher") and I didn't have opportunity to see the "Alaska" up close... he did end up #1 in our team (and I did rather good as well - killed enemy CV)...

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

400.000 FreeXP already stored (with "Missouri", "Musashi", "Nelson" and "Kronstadt" in port)...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles
25 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Well, it better be FXP or coal instead of steel or some clan-based nonsense.

I somehow doubt they'd lock the ship behind steel. For one we've already been teased with the new steel ship (Bourgogne) and secondly I can only imagine the NA server would throw a fit of epic proportions if the much requested Alaska were to be practically inaccessible to a majority of players (nevermind all the easy money WG can make in NA when people convert elite XP into free XP with doubloons to get her).

My speculation would be free XP as most likely requirement followed by coal if WG really wants to up the artificial scarcity as coal is still a rather new ressource and not many people having it (plus many may have spent most of their earned coal to date on the Salem already).

22 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

So, if a T IX premium was 750K FreeXP, Alaska will be over 1mil? 

Shouldn't since the Alaska was still tiered at IX last time I saw any news about it.

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,255 posts
11,322 battles
7 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Wait, Alaska is going to be t10? Yeah, 1m sounds about right for a t10, comparing Musashi coal price to Salem.

Players
1,373 posts

@Aotearas Is it 100% sure Bourgogne will be the next steel-ship? 

Because it didnt look that special tbh. Pre-nerf Alsace with some buffs and MBRB at T10. *sarcastic cheer*

But maybe it is because I am not a BB main. :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
835 posts
13,213 battles

Your dreams wont come true, she wont be better than Stalingrad or Kronshtad, having her for the name only is what you want and will get at most.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,344 posts
8,033 battles
43 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

But ALASKA is still a Tier9 cruiser and not tier10.

This ship will be a weaker version of the Kronshtadt.

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
40 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Alaska is still listed as a T9 ship in the client. Why do you assume it will be T10?

34 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

My speculation would be free XP as most likely requirement followed by coal if WG really wants to up the artificial scarcity as coal is still a rather new ressource and not many people having it (plus many may have spent most of their earned coal to date on the Salem already).

I really hope Alaska will go live for both fXP and Coal. Similar to how Musashi can be obtained.

• Cool 2

[-GG-]
Players
262 posts
14,006 battles

Educated guess is both tier 9 - Alaska and Jean Bart - will be 750k freemiums.

If Bourgogne is an upgraded Alsace then it's too good to be thrown away for coal/free exp and it means ship for steel :cap_hmm:    

Players
921 posts
14,635 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Last night I had a pleasure of playing game with 3 "WGP2W" Clan members one of which sailed the "Alaska" - it was a good fight and we won! :Smile_honoring:

Same for me, except that I faced a division from OM twice. They even took turns in testing the Alaska IIRC, and I did my little part in that testing by bombing the ship. First battle a defeat (I was still unaware of what I was facing), the second one a victory.

Salute.

[-AP-]
Players
1,844 posts
4,581 battles

Just had a game with a wargaming fella playing an alaska, i can post the replay if anyone is super interested, but i didnt spend much time looking at the alaska tho

[DREAD]
Players
7,885 posts
5,920 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

But ALASKA is still a Tier9 cruiser and not tier10.

Why weaker than Kronstadt? What do you base this statement on?

• Cool 1

Players
140 posts
8,140 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

Right now Alaska has weaker damage output (dpm, reload) than Kronshtadt but better accuracy and normalization angles. Right now they seem to be balanced against each other which doesn't make the Alaska a weak ship. However many things can change during the 'balancing' progress.

From the Facebook development blog (updated July 12th):

Spoiler

ST, American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX

Hit points – 60 800. Plating - 27 mm. Armor belt – 229 mm. Torpedo damage reduction – 13%.

Main battery - 3x3 305 mm. Firing range – 20 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 4300. Chance to cause fire – 27%. Maximum AP shell damage - 8900. Reload time - 20 s. 180 degree turn time - 36 s. Maximum dispersion - 216 m. HE initial velocity - 808 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma value – 2.05.

The parameters of the dispersion ellipse are equal to the values of the Graf Spee cruiser (better than battleships, but worse than common cruisers).

The parameters of the ricochet angles of AP shells are equal to the values of the American cruiser Des Moines.

Secondaries - 6х2 127 mm, range - 5,0 km, Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1800, Reload Time - 6.0 seсonds.

AA defense - 34х1 20 mm, range - 2,0 km, damage per second - 122. 14х4 40 mm, range - 3,5 km, damage per second - 223. 6х2 127 mm, range - 5.0 km, damage per second - 91.

Maximum speed - 33 kt. Turning circle radius - 850 m. Rudder shift time – 13,8 s. Surface detectability – 16,2 km. Air detectability – 12,1 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 12,8 km.

Available consumables:

Slot 1 - Damage Control Party

Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire / Hydroacoustic Search

Slot 3 - Spotting Aircraft / Catapult Fighter / Surveillance Radar

Slot 4 - Repair party

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

[JRM]
Players
2,976 posts
18,246 battles

If alaska gets usa ca shs with improved normalisation and decent sigma that thing will be evil

Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles

We currently have three free xp battleships and one free xp kinda sorta battleship really heavy cruiser... me, I'm hoping for a free xp destroyer! With all the fun and innovative destroyer designs we've been seeing lately, Wargaming should be able to cook up something entertaining on the free xp market to keep us DD buffs happy as well, wouldn't you say? :fish_aqua:

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,863 posts
10,650 battles

Ah, another "cruiser" to circumvent the "only" 5 BB per side _soft_ limitation.

....... I guess this game is realistic after all because this this shít remids me so much of the Naval Arms Regulation Conferences. Although compared to WG all the signatories (breaking these treaties covertly or even openly) ........ have kept every single promise.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,844 posts
4,581 battles
9 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Ah, another "cruiser" to circumvent the "only" 5 BB per side _soft_ limitation.

....... I guess this game is realistic after all because this this shít remids me so much of the Naval Arms Regulation Conferences. Although compared to WG all the signatories (breaking these treaties covertly or even openly) ........ have kept every single promise.

The issue at this point is that we are starting to desperately need a battle cruiser class

• Cool 2

Players
2,967 posts
14,205 battles
Vor 48 Minuten, Procrastes sagte:

We currently have three free xp battleships and one free xp kinda sorta battleship really heavy cruiser... me, I'm hoping for a free xp destroyer! With all the fun and innovative destroyer designs we've been seeing lately, Wargaming should be able to cook up something entertaining on the free xp market to keep us DD buffs happy as well, wouldn't you say? :fish_aqua:

How about a small, fast, stealthy torpedo boat at T7? A bigger Kami/Minekaze? :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles

Flambass streams it too. He played several games and I must say both Kronshtadt and Alaska have a place in the game.

Alaska trades armor and HP for accuracy, and I can't wait to grab the ship myself.

[DAVY]
Players
1,931 posts
10,717 battles

Alaska is definitely on the to get list, and i saw a Jutland (RN T9 DD) yesterday, it wrecked a Z46 pretty quickly, then got wiped out by a Wooster equally fast...

Players
2,123 posts
13,026 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

inb4 kitakami de torp dreamers