You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aethanos

am i a supertester now?

37 comments in this topic

[ZEUSS]
[ZEUSS]
Beta Tester
49 posts
2,938 battles

So i opened up my mail and found this:

Greetings, Captain!
We have credited following ships (with commanders) to your account:

• Medea
• Valkyrie
• Wakeful
• Alaska
• Le Terrible
• Jean Bart

You can use following equipment during the test:

Any signals and flags;
Any modernizations;
Any commander skill points;
Any camouflage;
Any premium consumable.

Please, be aware of the following rules and requirements for ship testing:

• At least half of the battles on the ship must be played with no platoon, in the "random battle" mode.
• Currency spent (e.g. doubloons for premium camouflage you have bought) is not included in the testing process and will not be refunded.
• When the ships are removed, commanders are sent to reserve, while modernization, flags and consumables are sent to the inventory.
• Before the official release of the ship, gameplay and performance characteristics are considered to be confidential information.
• On test ships, participation in clan and rank battles is forbidden!

We, at World of Warships Supertest Team, are grateful for you participation and efforts!

...i then got in the game and didnt see those ships anywhere. How can i have those ships but dont see them anywhere in my port? I dont even remember applying for this...and to say the truth i will be too busy with real work to have the time to be a supertester...so with whom do i have to talk now?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
17 posts
275 battles

I had the same email and then eagerly rushed and opened my account only to find nothing but the dreary ships I played nearly 2 months ago.

• Funny 1

Players
19 posts
11,377 battles

Same here, think they might be fishing for our passwords with the account manager part of the letter, and if thats the case, i wonder how they got our emails ?

Can wargaming plz confirm if this is a legit letter you would send out or not ?

Players
19 posts
11,377 battles

Just looked at the source of the email and it contains the following return path and sender :

Return-Path: <suite5@xpressus.emarsys.net>
Received: from uspmta120130.emarsys.net (uspmta120130.emarsys.net. [185.4.120.130])

So i would strongly advice not to use any links from the email, as i dosen't look as it's legit.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
2 posts
5,284 battles

The mail was sent by the same email than the previous promotion email by wargaming, and it also didn't countain any link who look suspicious to me. I think its just a mistake by Wargaming (hoping deep inside that it is not and that my test ships are on their way);

• Cool 1

[RIDF]
Players
1 post
2,156 battles

Woke up to a supertester email, no test ships in port and no recollection of applying to become a supertester. Did the WoWs mailsystem have a massive brainfart?

• Funny 1

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
15 minutes ago, zXFreelancerXz said:

Most likely someone pushed it through the wrong email list

Can't be.

More likely that someone at wargaming sold our addresses.

I got the same mail but while every mail I got from wargaming in the past was treated "normal", this one went right into the spam folder by default.

@MrConway @Crysantos

Players
2 posts
338 battles

It was probably an accident, instead of sending the e-mail to testers they sent it to the entire subscriber list.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Can't be.

More likely that someone at wargaming sold our addresses.

I got the same mail but while every mail I got from wargaming in the past was treated "normal", this one went right into the spam folder by default.

@MrConway @Crysantos

The e-mail is legit Wargaming.

Alpha Tester
12 posts
123 battles

I was an Alpha Tester back in the day and got this email......

But I have not played for a good few months and started to re-install......but looking at this thread looks like I will not be on the good ship ST :cap_haloween:

[-RNG-]
Beta Tester
26 posts
5,414 battles

Same email, I'm thinking that it is a mistake. No reason that anyone else would specifically pick WoWS players for a hoax this elaborate. Logged into the game and no shiny new ships so checked the forum and saw this thread.

Someone at WG sent out to the wrong mail list I suspect which is a shame as I was rather hyped when I saw it :cap_viking:

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
1 hour ago, SirAdrian_RO said:

It was probably an accident, instead of sending the e-mail to testers they sent it to the entire subscriber list.

The e-mail is legit Wargaming.

4 hours ago, Wolvescouple said:

Just looked at the source of the email and it contains the following return path and sender :

Return-Path: <suite5@xpressus.emarsys.net>
Received: from uspmta120130.emarsys.net (uspmta120130.emarsys.net. [185.4.120.130])

So i would strongly advice not to use any links from the email, as i dosen't look as it's legit.

Okay then Mr. one time poster. I'll trust you absolutly. You want my RL Address and bank details too?

[TSK]
Players
20 posts
15,289 battles

I had the same mail as well. Just ignored it, since the ships are not on my port. Must be a mistake. 

Players
2 posts
338 battles
28 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Okay then Mr. one time poster. I'll trust you absolutly. You want my RL Address and bank details too?

The e-mail I received came from this address

wows@mail-eu.wargaming.net

the unsubscribe button redirects to the Wargaming Subscription Management page and the Legal link redirects to the Wargaming Legal Documentation page. Also, gmail did not label it as spam. People on the NA server say it's a legit mail sent by mistake. Go and check out the NA forum if you do not believe me.

I stopped playing the game. I came to the forum only because of the e-mail.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
51 minutes ago, SirAdrian_RO said:

I stopped playing the game. I came to the forum only because of the e-mail.

tenor.gif

[SKIP]
[SKIP]
Players
4 posts
176 battles

I got the same E-Mail.

But i'm at work so i can't check my acc. if the ships are there or not. :cap_hmm::cat_cool: