Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
demolicen

Wenting/Renting topic: losing 97% of the games

48 comments in this topic

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles

[Lord behold there are error in the spelling!]

Now im no good player in anyway. But i am sure im doing well. Now i mainly only play as BB period. No matter what then i get steamedrolled over by Every. Single. Player.

Thoses BB i have is 

Germen: V

US: III

UK: IV

And i keep getting mauled every game. It just seem the enemies shell is not like bloody shotgun ammo like mine is. But ofc they are better than me. I just find no joy of playing this game anymore. Is not even fun to know you have to lose like 10000battle to get to the next bloody tier because you get 0-nothing xp because no one on your teamed push for the point. Now  the push thing is getting on my nervers. is like im force to rush in and cap the point myself while the rest of the team is hanging together in a nit cluth Fu** and lord behold no more 3 min later they all over us. Now the uselly respond would be ''Git Gud'' but how can you do it by getting hammered every single time? then you can see if you doing thing or that is working.

I have have even lost in Co-op.. Now that is sad...

I really like this game. But is no fun to get Butragemcangry every time you to have fun in a random battle.

[(What i wanted is to be pit again ONLY new player, and only them. Because im sure i can beat thoses lol)] Thislosing havs happen for like 4 days now.

I know what you thinking ''Are you then also mad then you steamroll the other team?''  Damn right i am. I came here to fight. Not mow them down and get like ones more 0-nothing xp.

{([Now that felt good to went all that rage on a forum])}

But i am the only one feeling that or?

you can see the in pic that is how my matching end, EVERY. SINGLE. *******. TIME. ;( 

291a5a81a72984df5953b0c4a43010af.png

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

To be fair you're probably struggling with how to use your ships armour (angling), how to aim and basic tactics.

While it would be possible to show you a few things in the training room you would probably benefit from watching the training videos on the WG site and googling some of the Youtube videos produced by some of the skilled players that are intended to help new players. Notser is possibly a decent starting point on some of the basics.

• Cool 1

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

You barely have 68 battles under your belt and you are already complaining? That millennial attitude, wishing for supreme results without putting any effort into it, gotta love it... 

Not to mention that you hold a win-rate of over 52%, which, given the general state of our community, is very good. 

Just be quite and get a few hundred battles under your belt until things start to make sense with the help of some Youtube content. Do not expect the magic to just happen.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
5,939 posts
7,236 battles
1 minute ago, BeauNidl3 said:

To be fair you're probably struggling with how to use your ships armour (angling), how to aim and basic tactics.

While it would be possible to show you a few things in the training room you would probably benefit from watching the training videos on the WG site and googling some of the Youtube videos produced by some of the skilled players that are intended to help new players. Notser is possibly a decent starting point on some of the basics.

This.

Also, I recommend playing either USN or IJN BBs as first line. I'd argue IJN is better for starters, because IJN BBs still are the ones that reward good play best and punish bad play most. Also, if you miss most shots with Myogi, you know it is you who still has to learn how to aim (nothing wrong with that at 173 battles), because Myogi is incredibly accurate. South Carolina meanwhile is a T3 (so, pretty bad), German BBs tend towards derpy guns and the Orion got its accuracy nerfed to pretty bad levels. 

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
6 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

You may be right. But i have done those things. I know from Germen to use the broadside as they have turtleback. and US/UK is best to shot from front as they have weaker broadside. I do the same thing as those on youtube :P. Or atleast trying

Players
15 posts
7,193 battles

25 minutes ago, demolicen said:

[Lord behold there are error in the spelling!]

Now im no good player in anyway. But i am sure im doing well. Now i mainly only play as BB period. No matter what then i get steamedrolled over by Every. Single. Player.

Thoses BB i have is 

Germen: V

US: III

UK: IV

And i keep getting mauled every game. It just seem the enemies shell is not like bloody shotgun ammo like mine is. But ofc they are better than me. I just find no joy of playing this game anymore. Is not even fun to know you have to lose like 10000battle to get to the next bloody tier because you get 0-nothing xp because no one on your teamed push for the point. Now  the push thing is getting on my nervers. is like im force to rush in and cap the point myself while the rest of the team is hanging together in a nit cluth Fu** and lord behold no more 3 min later they all over us. Now the uselly respond would be ''Git Gud'' but how can you do it by getting hammered every single time? then you can see if you doing thing or that is working.

I have have even lost in Co-op.. Now that is sad...

I really like this game. But is no fun to get Butragemcangry every time you to have fun in a random battle.

[(What i wanted is to be pit again ONLY new player, and only them. Because im sure i can beat thoses lol)] Thislosing havs happen for like 4 days now.

I know what you thinking ''Are you then also mad then you steamroll the other team?''  Damn right i am. I came here to fight. Not mow them down and get like ones more 0-nothing xp.

{([Now that felt good to went all that rage on a forum])}

But i am the only one feeling that or?

you can see the in pic that is how my matching end, EVERY. SINGLE. *******. TIME. ;( 

Looking at your amount of battles you seem fairly new to this game so you got a few things to learn, as a BB you dont need to "rush into the capture point" to cap it. Thats usually the job of your Destroyers. You may or may not have been unfortunate with getting matched up with poor performing team members but low tier is all about just that in my opinion. Just push when you have the opportunity and support your DD's and Cruisers. Getting to higher tiers as a new player is a bit frustrating but it will get easier later on depending in how well you perform. Look around on Youtube for guides or general replays from Flamu, Flambass, Strangers etc.. that should help you get more of an idea.

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
2 minutes ago, OttoZander said:

You barely have 68 battles under your belt and you are already complaining? That millennial attitude, wishing for supreme results without putting any effort into it, gotta love it... 

Not to mention that you hold a win-rate of over 52%, which, given the general state of our community, is very good. 

Just be quite and get a few hundred battles under your belt until things start to make sense with the help of some Youtube content. Do not expect the magic to just happen.

Not sure why it would say 52%. because it sure does not feel like it hehe.

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
Just now, Like_A_Freakin_Dolphin said:

Looking at your amount of battles you seem fairly new to this game so you got a few things to learn, as a BB you dont need to "rush into the capture point" to cap it. Thats usually the job of your Destroyers. You may or may not have been unfortunate with getting matched up with poor performing team members but low tier is all about just that in my opinion. Just push when you have the opportunity and support your DD's and Cruisers. Getting to higher tiers as a new player is a bit frustrating but it will get easier later on depending in how well you perform.

Well then. It seem you know then.What will you do then no one is pushing and the other team is just picking you off one by one? because it happen lot in those fight im in, then im in.

Not im mean by pushing is to take and hold the point and keep pushing the enemy ^^

But i will take your info, thanks

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
6 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

This.

Also, I recommend playing either USN or IJN BBs as first line. I'd argue IJN is better for starters, because IJN BBs still are the ones that reward good play best and punish bad play most. Also, if you miss most shots with Myogi, you know it is you who still has to learn how to aim (nothing wrong with that at 173 battles), because Myogi is incredibly accurate. South Carolina meanwhile is a T3 (so, pretty bad), German BBs tend towards derpy guns and the Orion got its accuracy nerfed to pretty bad levels. 

You may be right. I will check them out. Thanks

[BBMM]
Players
940 posts
4,429 battles

Mejash (NA streamer & youtuber) has recently started a new account with the intention of producing a couple of video series. One is playing lines from tier 1 to tier 10, he's already done Pan-Asian DDs and is currently at the Yorck in German cruisers, and the other is using US ships to demonstrate everything from the basics on. He streams in the middle of the night EU time but is pretty good at explaining what he's doing and why so it can be worth watching the VoDs.

twitch youtube

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
1 minute ago, demolicen said:

Well then. It seem you know then.What will you do then no one is pushing and the other team is just picking you off one by one? because it happen lot in those fight im in, then im in.

Not im mean by pushing is to take and hold the point and keep pushing the enemy ^^

But i will take your info, thanks

Basic tactics at low tiers (well at any tier if I'm honest) are often forgotten and people just blunder about or lemming push. Not forgetting that people have no idea which are the actual priorities to target to help secure a win.

Farming damage on battleships pads the numbers, but rarely wins games, killing off destroyers and already weakened ships does definitely help to secure wins.

You mentioned German Turtlebacks, true it's a help, but showing your broadside is suicide as turtleback or not you will take a lot of penetrating hits that do a lot of damage, where as angled armour will outright deflect the hits for no damage. Learning how to angle isn't something that comes instantly.

[CATS]
Players
19,985 posts
12,420 battles
3 hours ago, demolicen said:

Not sure why it would say 52%. because it sure does not feel like it hehe.

Your feelings and reality are not in sync. THAT is your problem!! 

If you do not get that under control, your game experience will suffer. Without realistic self reflection, you cannot improve in this game. 

And a whiney attitude does not help either....

[H_FAN]
Players
2,251 posts
31,449 battles
4 hours ago, demolicen said:

Now im no good player in anyway. But i am sure im doing well. Now i mainly only play as BB period. 

Period!

I do no like that word. I would honestly say that the best class to learn the basic mechanics is cruisers, why?

More salvos which does that you learn to aim faster, faster ships which makes you able to move around and learn the maps better, in a slow BB you are more or less tied to where you are at the start, if you spawn at one edge. You are also punished when you do wrong moves against BBs or overextend, but you can help others. You are often the antidote to Destroyers especially if you kite away you have a good DPM to take them down.

I would say the cruisers at low tier up to T4 are also fun ships especially at T3-4 as the BBs are slow with long reloads and unreliable dispersion (which is necessary so they do not delete the cruisers always).

As a T4 ship you do not need to face higher enemies than T5 which is good. Learn also DDs to see how you play and counter that class. A few lines of each class. That will make you better.

Suggest you play IJN and US DDs and Cruisers. French cruisers also decent beginnerline. XP low? Premium increses it by 50%.

But if you feel the grind upwards the tiers is slow wait for the higher tiers it takes far longer and the ships will be more expensive creditwise.

Also if you feel the urge to rush up because there are familiar names like Bismarck at T8. Think again, you need lots of games to be able to perform, even if you grasp the game quickly (unlikely but some does it), you need good captains. 

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
2,305 posts
10,748 battles

Advice?

Keep Calm. If the game is making you mad, go do something else for a bit. 

Don't sail broadside to anything unless they've already fired all their guns and never do it for longer than about 10 seconds.

When it comes to dodging enemy shells, changing your speed is as important as changing your direction.

Make sure you understand ammunition types, detection mechanics, captain skills, consumables (especially damage control and when to put out fires and repair ) and how to work things like AA and your secondary guns. There are WG videos on this, tutorials on YouTube, explanations on the Forums, or just ask here. 

Make the UI a bit bigger (you can change it in the Settings).

Turn on the Dynamic Crosshair (ditto).

If you're having trouble hitting things, don't fire salvos - single turrets are the way to go. With BBs aim just above the waterline, take a longer lead to start with,  then go shorter. One of them will probably be right. 

Good luck!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,569 posts
11,282 battles

Didn't read the OP, because it's too much blabla - but I trust this one

5 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

you would probably benefit from watching the training videos on the WG site and googling some of the Youtube videos produced by some of the skilled players that are intended to help new players. Notser is possibly a decent starting point on some of the basics.

• Cool 3

[POP]
Players
448 posts
9,640 battles

Do these things if you haven't already.

-Hit '+' -button a few times. Makes the minimap larger

-Put "last known ship positions" - on. Press CTRL down and mouse click the gear sign on the right upper corner of the minimap

-Put "ship names" on. Same place as above

-From settings -> controls -> set "alternative battle interface" to "full"

That will improve your situational awareness greatly above the average potato.

Players
260 posts
4,654 battles

First of all dont get dissapointed!
You seem to have the will to improve further and put effort towards better results.
So, since you are a new player:
-iChaseGaming youtube channel has a playlist named Captains academy. Review the parts about angling, aiming, smoke,spotting, torping.These are the bare minimum you need.
-Watch Flamu's videos on youtube about each ship you play.Great information there.

Never show broadside.
I also recommend to play cruisers first instead of bbs because of the higher rate of fire.
Extremelly important is what Altsak said.
Maybe you wanna also check out some mods from the Aslain modpack (side panels with hp, navigator which shows the angle of your ship relative to the ship you are currently targeting, minimap lines, better detection icons)

[UNICS]
Players
1,277 posts
17,595 battles
7 hours ago, demolicen said:

OP is atleast trying to improve , i suggest staying on lower tiers fist first , tier 3 has protect MM . You already have a PR rating of 12 in t5 lol 

[NED]
Players
4,377 posts
12,061 battles

I'm known around here as being the numbers moron. Getting burned down because of that isn't even funny any more. But even I cannot explain your winrate of 53.6. Your stats aren't even that bad overall. Especially for a beginning player. IIRC about 200% better than mine in the same phase. And WR wise even better now. So I don't understand your 97% losses in this one.

I can advice you for the future to start a topic more humble. When something goes wrong it's 97% (!!!) your own fault. My hypothesis in your case is twofold: 1 you've ran into your first (and I guarantee you with 97% certainty not last) losing streak. 2 you've started in T5. That means you'll be facing 2 tiers higher for the first time. The reason for this is very long and can be found elsewhere on the forum.

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
9 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Your feelings and reality are not in sync. THAT is your problem!! 

If you do not get that under control, your game experience will suffer. Without realistic self reflection, you cannot improve in this game. 

And a whiney attitude does not help either....

Well you tell me how you feel after 20 lost ^^

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
8 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Period!

I do no like that word. I would honestly say that the best class to learn the basic mechanics is cruisers, why?

More salvos which does that you learn to aim faster, faster ships which makes you able to move around and learn the maps better, in a slow BB you are more or less tied to where you are at the start, if you spawn at one edge. You are also punished when you do wrong moves against BBs or overextend, but you can help others. You are often the antidote to Destroyers especially if you kite away you have a good DPM to take them down.

I would say the cruisers at low tier up to T4 are also fun ships especially at T3-4 as the BBs are slow with long reloads and unreliable dispersion (which is necessary so they do not delete the cruisers always).

As a T4 ship you do not need to face higher enemies than T5 which is good. Learn also DDs to see how you play and counter that class. A few lines of each class. That will make you better.

Suggest you play IJN and US DDs and Cruisers. French cruisers also decent beginnerline. XP low? Premium increses it by 50%.

But if you feel the grind upwards the tiers is slow wait for the higher tiers it takes far longer and the ships will be more expensive creditwise.

Also if you feel the urge to rush up because there are familiar names like Bismarck at T8. Think again, you need lots of games to be able to perform, even if you grasp the game quickly (unlikely but some does it), you need good captains. 

I see your point. But you may be right. I could try the Cruiser line and get some experient from that. Thanks for the tip.

As for the IJN many have also said to try that line. So i will do that Ones more thanks for the info! ^^

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
7 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Advice?

Keep Calm. If the game is making you mad, go do something else for a bit. 

Don't sail broadside to anything unless they've already fired all their guns and never do it for longer than about 10 seconds.

When it comes to dodging enemy shells, changing your speed is as important as changing your direction.

Make sure you understand ammunition types, detection mechanics, captain skills, consumables (especially damage control and when to put out fires and repair ) and how to work things like AA and your secondary guns. There are WG videos on this, tutorials on YouTube, explanations on the Forums, or just ask here. 

Make the UI a bit bigger (you can change it in the Settings).

Turn on the Dynamic Crosshair (ditto).

If you're having trouble hitting things, don't fire salvos - single turrets are the way to go. With BBs aim just above the waterline, take a longer lead to start with,  then go shorter. One of them will probably be right. 

Good luck!

''Don't sail broadside to anything''  i only do in UK/US line if im sure the enemy is not targeting me. I do it bit more on the Germen as they got the turtleback. (unless that first apply on higher tier) But i will try more. Thanks for that^^

As for the ammo type. I would say i know what Nation is best for what So i would say check for that. As well for Cap skill and Comsum. I have seen alot of Youtube video in regard on how best use the items in the fight.

The UI part, i did not know anything about. I will try that! thanks!

So you say for BB is like 60/50 single fire rather than full?. But i will take you tip and try that^^ As for aiming i am curring aiming right over the waterline as everyone say^^ It may be the timing^^

[HEDIC]
Players
28 posts
890 battles
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I do not lose 20 games in a row in the first place....

And I doubt that you did.

Then it seem we have nothing to compare my friend ^^

Sign in to follow this