SkollUlfr

remove hp and ribbon mods to fix black screen crash

4 comments in this topic

Players
318 posts
4,522 battles

did a lot of testing, probably got reported a lot for afk, but crap happens. 

the black screen crash seems to be caused mainly by mods like regen assistant and other that change how your ships hp is displayed, and by some of the mods for changing ribbons.

also seems to be set off more on some ships than others. for me, normandy and bogue seemed to guarentee a crash within 2 or 3 matches with HP display mods.

removing these mods fixed the problem, and thats as much testing as i can be bothered to do.

Players
15 posts
7,193 battles
2 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

did a lot of testing, probably got reported a lot for afk, but crap happens. 

the black screen crash seems to be caused mainly by mods like regen assistant and other that change how your ships hp is displayed, and by some of the mods for changing ribbons.

also seems to be set off more on some ships than others. for me, normandy and bogue seemed to guarentee a crash within 2 or 3 matches with HP display mods.

removing these mods fixed the problem, and thats as much testing as i can be bothered to do.

I am using the same kind of mods + some extra's and i have never experienced the black screen crash even after playing for more than 20 battles at a time.

• Cool 1

[WASP_]
Players
348 posts

Ditto, using the same type of mods and have never experienced the black screen crash. Moreover my division buddy who uses no mods gets the black screen crash maybe twice a night.