Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fodder89

Massachusetts - secodaries survivability

2 comments in this topic

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles

Hi guys

In this topic i would like to talk about secondaries survivability overall and especially about these on the massechusetts.

Those of you who has massa know about she's gimming - She has worse accuracy of main guns that hers competition but instead has improved accuracy on secondary guns and faster reloading health - all intended to made her a good brawler. Ofcouse to made it happen you have to have at least captain with 18 skill points and invest them in advanced firing training, manual fire control and inertia fuse for HE.

Ofcourse take into consideration that experienced captain on this ship is.. quite not enough to be successful in average game. You also need to get close enough to the enemy to use them and it is not as easy as it may seems because of tier VIII matchmaking which in ~68% samples is put up to games with tier IX and X - where games are played on larger maps with streched ranges..

So to the point ->

PaEXbUN.jpg

Recently in my games i have a large numbers od destroyed secondaries even - when like in this case - i am almost out of battle

My secondaries are dying no matter what i will do and this is not a big amount of damage and not done by a large caliber HE

lj95Djw.jpg

As you see those are baltimore HE shells - not high caliber from battleships

ofcourse i have whatever i can to increase survivability ->

taQntW5.jpg

Still that is not even close to the survivability of secondaries on the Bismarck/Fredrich der Grosser.

So i have a question mainly focused to the wargaming staff - How can i be successful brawler if after a brawl i lose half of my secondaries armament? or sometimes 2 or 3 turrets even before brawl starts. How can i be successful brawler if my secondaries are not suited for taking any damage?

Why these secondaries are so fragile if that is the only gimmick this ship has?

Best regards

Fodder

[POI--]
Players
5,894 posts
7,229 battles
17 minutes ago, fodder89 said:

So i have a question mainly focused to the wargaming staff - How can i be successful brawler if after a brawl i lose half of my secondaries armament? or sometimes 2 or 3 turrets even before brawl starts. How can i be successful brawler if my secondaries are not suited for taking any damage?

Why these secondaries are so fragile if that is the only gimmick this ship has?

Best regards

Fodder

On the Germans, the survivability is maybe there for the 15 cm mounts, but the 10.5 cm mounts aren't very survivable either. Also, Massachusetts really shouldn't complain about Germans stealing its glory, when the Massachusetts is in many areas superior to a Bismarck. On the Massachusetts, all secondaries do meaningful damage to same tier DDs and to cruisers with IFHE. The 10.5 cm guns on Bismarck are practically useless and would need IFHE to do anything to DDs. They are less accurate and have lower fire chance. Also, Bismarck cannot just go bow in and keep 6 guns with American heavy AP, nor is Bismarck able to use most of its heals in short succession like Massachusetts. and at the end of the day, your secondary battery is that - secondary. You still got a main battery that, while a bit worse than usual, is still good enough to kill things that get close.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this