Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RedXI

Ranked BOT AI Broken

22 comments in this topic

[MUMMY]
Players
9 posts
19,715 battles

WG, u really need to fix your AI in ranked battles. they're really really crap!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,398 battles
Just now, RedXI said:

WG, u really need to fix your AI in ranked battles. their really really crap!

yea they streaitline too much :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

AI?

Ranked?

Im feeling like I dont have the full story here.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,398 battles
4 minutes ago, Juanx said:

AI?

Ranked?

Im feeling like I dont have the full story here.

Probably a tribute that WGs secenario AI bots do less questionable things like some peps in ranked......

[MUMMY]
Players
9 posts
19,715 battles

eh? I thought ranked was fully AI? no way enemy are real breathing intelligent beings. naaaaaahhhh no chance

[MUMMY]
Players
9 posts
19,715 battles

On a serious note, this system needs an overhaul. Losing a star when ur working ur tits off and losing cos of muppets is really grating. Never played a game where the grind actually takes u backwards. Maybe just award stars to the top 3 players? I dunno but current system is staggering. Last season ranked in about 200games. not great. This season already 200 games 49%WR rank 7. Too much hard work. Especially when ur a dd or radar cruiser. BB's doing nothing and coming top of the xp list.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
16 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Probably a tribute that WGs secenario AI bots do less questionable things like some peps in ranked......

But its truly the expected result, you can only cater for IQ under 50 for so long until the rest of the game starts feeling the backlash.

[MUMMY]
Players
9 posts
19,715 battles

The worst part is when u see guys in MM with 72% WR and u know they're pants and got totally carried. Demoralising

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,970 battles
5 minutes ago, RedXI said:

On a serious note, this system needs an overhaul. Losing a star when ur working ur tits off and losing cos of muppets is really grating. Never played a game where the grind actually takes u backwards. Maybe just award stars to the top 3 players? I dunno but current system is staggering. Last season ranked in about 200games. not great. This season already 200 games 49%WR rank 7. Too much hard work. Especially when ur a dd or radar cruiser. BB's doing nothing and coming top of the xp list.

Bad idea and here is why, Caps yield tons of exp, spotting damage gives quite a bit so guess who guess the most exp DDs!.

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,594 posts
16,718 battles
4 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

spotting damage gives quite a bit

LOL

WG has revealed that spotting damage yields next to nothing. In a game with a huge amount of spotting damage (200k+) you can expect maybe 100-200 exp out of it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,970 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

LOL

WG has revealed that spotting damage yields next to nothing. In a game with a huge amount of spotting damage (200k+) you can expect maybe 100-200 exp out of it.

Still other exp gives them lots guess they changed spot exp from WoT days..cap defense gives a fair bit think it stacks with damage done so you get more exp for shooting ships on flags, since damage exp is % based DDs who kill DDs gain the most.

[MUMMY]
Players
9 posts
19,715 battles

spotting damage is completely broken. and yeah some balance on caps I get. but in ranked theres always 1 cap that's going to be fought over. At the moment The dd or cruiser that goes to cap the nearest cap gets ++, the YY that's defending/negating the other cap gets crap. Maybe more xp for stopping cap and I don't mean de-capping. Damage done for your radar too.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
33 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Bad idea and here is why, Caps yield tons of exp, spotting damage gives quite a bit so guess who guess the most exp DDs!.

Caps give little, spotting damage even less and a DD in Ranked doesn't get much damage done. DDs can progress quickly in Ranked because they're the most influential but scoring high on the team ladder? Nope. They're quite unlikely to score well compared to cruisers and BBs that are expected to deal damage - the activity that gives by far the most XP while being much less risky than contesting caps.

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,970 battles
36 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Caps give little, spotting damage even less and a DD in Ranked doesn't get much damage done. DDs can progress quickly in Ranked because they're the most influential but scoring high on the team ladder? Nope. They're quite unlikely to score well compared to cruisers and BBs that are expected to deal damage - the activity that gives by far the most XP while being much less risky than contesting caps.

Caps give the most, even WG say capping gives lots of exp. Its in one of their many videos go look.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
21 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Caps give the most, even WG say capping gives lots of exp. Its in one of their many videos go look.

Bullsh*t.

I mean, I don't say WG didn't claim at some point that capping gives lots of exp, but it's insignificant when compared to farming damage all match long, especially when you compare the danger involved - at least for anything other than that single uncontested cap at the start. Oh, and then there's the fact that contesting a cap without ultimately managing to cap it (but, say, preventing enemy from doing the same) gives you nothing or next to nothing (I'm not 100% sure that there's not paltry reward for blocking a cap - it sure as hell isn't significant though).

But sure, I guess your extensive Ranked experience of having played 15 Ranked matches, 4 of them in DDs, lets you enlighten us on how XP Rewards in Ranked clearly favor DDs :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,594 posts
16,718 battles
1 hour ago, ironhammer500 said:

Caps give the most

It did. Until WG nerfed the :etc_swear: out of it.

Now damage reigns supreme.

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,108 posts
5,022 battles
11 hours ago, RedXI said:

WG, u really need to fix your AI in ranked battles. they're really really crap!

Montana shooting HE at 3km broadside Yamato, Yamato shooting only HE, destroyers rushing caps, Benson shooting at the enemy team without smoke cover while sitting still, DDs without last stand and what are objectives?

I am playing YY and that is working out pretty great. When losing Ill lose a star, because DD gameplay is not being rewarded, unless people sail into your torpedoes. Zao is a bit easier to maintain a star, but I found it more difficult to make a difference with it and get more frustrated because all the work.

Good luck to you OP. May MM be in your favor next week.

edit: I think the top 7 players should receive a star, whether they were on the losing or winning team.

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
10,292 battles
12 hours ago, RedXI said:

I think many many many people have complained about this same poop for years. WG's answer was to 'be the best on your team to keep your star', but I'd like to see them try this playing a DD and spotting and capping for your team while BB's sit back and farm damage. Their answer here would most likely be 'play a BB then'. There's no point arguing with WG when their minds are closed off to rational thought and fairness. I enjoy playing DD's, but can't even do this properly now with WG's tier x ranked and radar meta. WG have defacated in their own recipe here and it smells dictatorial.

• Cool 1