You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TescoClubCardUK

Supply lines

44 comments in this topic

Players
26 posts
6,833 battles

How do we get our battles to count towards this challenge?? Clan has been registered, logged into the proships website but don't see what I have to do next.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,200 battles

Seems like every clan member needs to sign up as well individually.

It is kind of a pain in the bleep in my opinion.

Also, since my eyes bleed every time I try to read news articles from WG, I only saw this tonight as well...

Players
26 posts
6,833 battles

It's not very informative to be honest, just got 2 other clan members to log in and they can't seem to get anything to work, guess just give it a miss lol, the other clan is already 71 points infront.

[DAVY]
Players
1,931 posts
10,717 battles

once you've signed in there's a button that makes you're battles count towards the total, that's all

[WCWVE]
Players
906 posts
14,651 battles

Every clan member has to connect to the site and click the button - make battles count 

Players
26 posts
6,833 battles

Ok I don't know whats happened, but I've not clicked any buttons saying make battles count, but just checked again and its registering the battles, strange. Thanks anyways.

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

Plus it doesn't count battles if you have your stats hidden, I prefer not to un-hide mine even though WG can see the results, but they appear to be using a third party site for this.

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

The clan we are up against has got 0 stars to our 91. Not sure the 'matchmaking against a similar clan' thing went well there!

Players
4,500 posts
8,202 battles
1 hour ago, RobS80 said:

The clan we are up against has got 0 stars to our 91. Not sure the 'matchmaking against a similar clan' thing went well there!

Yea - I was wondering right away when we got matched against a clan with 34 members (22 of them active) and we have 5 :cap_fainting:. On top of that, 2 from us got weekend shifts on work (thats ofc nobodys fault) and one guy lost his Internet completly today. German Infrastructure - leading the world in technology? my A...

[DAVY]
Players
1,931 posts
10,717 battles

we're at 69 vs 68, the clan we're up against have some good players (60%) but only 20 active, while our (55%) average but more active players seems to be fairly balanced, they are going to overtake us again because of the time difference (at 18:00 yesterday it was 2 vs 35 to them) but i'm sure we'll catch 'em, we could do with more CV players though...

[POP]
Players
447 posts
9,610 battles

We're totally stomping our rivals. 98 points versus their 15. The amount of activity around the event is the main cultprit of the disparity. It would probably have been better if they would have somehow tried to balance the activity the clans have.

Also love the way stars are handed out. You do a 200k run on a DD and the game is like:"Yes! You  did it! Your clan's new damage record for the Gearing is now 5000 points!"

[WTFNO]
Players
426 posts
1 hour ago, Altsak said:

Also love the way stars are handed out. You do a 200k run on a DD and the game is like:"Yes! You  did it! Your clan's new damage record for the Gearing is now 5000 points!"

Yep. Would have been better if each battle granted the highest free milestone for the corresponding kind of ship.

Here the order of your scores will matter a lot for the higher milestones, which is a bit meh.

As for the matching, well, sometimes it works: we have an intense knife fight with our opponents ... 14 to 0 with 2 participants overall :D

The somehow convoluted access to the event (third party site, individual login + start) clearly doesn't help.

But hey, free oil !

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,200 battles
16 minutes ago, RobS80 said:

Currently 104 vs 0

okayyyy

Their members have simply not signed up. Remember that every player individually has to do it. And it was not that clear in the wall of text that was that article (I missed it as well).

edit: also, ranked doesn't count, and I can tell you some of our members are doing nothing but ranked at the moment.

[NWP]
Players
6,518 posts
7,482 battles
24 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

But hey, free oil !

Pretty much the only reason to participate :Smile-_tongue:

I think the whole system isnt thought through properly. If you are outnumbered you have NO chance to win, because everyone has 15 tries. An outnumbered clan could only win, if the milestones wouldnt be set 1 at a time, but by dealing the highest damage compared to the other clan. Then this could be decided by skill (and a bit luck ofc).

Or both clans would need to have a same amount of tries.

Players
4,500 posts
8,202 battles
2 hours ago, AmiralPotato said:

Yep. Would have been better if each battle granted the highest free milestone for the corresponding kind of ship.

3 hours ago, Altsak said:

True. I did 76k in Fushun and 124k in Duke of York and they count as 5k and 20k ._.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,491 posts
6,789 battles

How to participate:

1. A clan officer must register the clan to the tournament before it begins
  2. Every clan member at the time of registration can participate in it (anybody joining the clan after the start of the round, cannot)
  3. Every player must click "count battles towards rating" button to count their scores.
  4. You must deal the specified number of damage for each class/nation which you can track in the tournament's spreadsheet.

• Every achieved damage requirement gives one star.
  • Every 10 stars gives 60 oil.
  • Every victory gives 800 oil
  • Every loss gives 400 oil.

I hope this made some sense

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,245 posts
8,200 battles
38 minutes ago, domen3 said:

How to participate:

1. A clan officer must register the clan to the tournament before it begins
  2. Every clan member at the time of registration can participate in it (anybody joining the clan after the start of the round, cannot)
  3. Every player must click "count battles towards rating" button to count their scores.
  4. You must deal the specified number of damage for each class/nation which you can track in the tournament's spreadsheet.

• Every achieved damage requirement gives one star.
  • Every 10 stars gives 60 oil.
  • Every victory gives 800 oil
  • Every loss gives 400 oil.

I was saying on our TS that WG needs to hire me to make their articles readable and understandable. That is exactly how I would've put it in the article.

Clear, simple, bulletpoints. I just can't understand why every article from WG has to be a chore to read through and try to understand.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,216 posts
6,518 battles

We only have 10 players out of 49 taking part. However since our opponents appear to have zero players taking part, we are ahead.

Players
499 posts
5,039 battles

Hey, I got this great idea for an event. I make a game, a third party creates an event that looks at what you are doing but wants you to register to it separately and provide personal information. You then have to follow instructions/tasks from a downloadable document as you are playing a full screen game that lasts up to 20 minutes. You then do this 15 times per day. At the end we give you some free virtual currency that can be used by the leaders of your virtual group of friends.

Have we not learned anything from the Facebook scandal?

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

I'm a bit concerned that they are using a third party site which appears to have access to our account login details, isn't this a clear breach of even very basic security common sense let alone policy?

@MrConway why is this approach being taken when you have WG sites?

[DAVY]
Players
1,931 posts
10,717 battles
13 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I'm a bit concerned that they are using a third party site which appears to have access to our account login details, isn't this a clear breach of even very basic security common sense let alone policy?

@MrConway why is this approach being taken when you have WG sites?

one of the replies from the WG portal page:

Crysantos  Saferprim5 days ago 18:04

Yes it is - proships.ru is one of the most popular community resources in CIS, widely used by our community there. We wouldn't work with them for this contest if we wouldn't consider them to be trustworthy.

[COMFY]
Players
1,224 posts
6,816 battles

Best thing is that many top EU clans draw almost completely inactive clans. 

We on the other hand were matched with very active RU one and they are very close.

I wonder how clans are matched. RNG?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,491 posts
6,789 battles
2 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

I wonder how clans are matched. RNG?

Yes