You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Capt_SH

Slow progress game-play

9 comments in this topic

[-KC-]
Players
11 posts
412 battles

Good day, dears

First of all; thanks for the great game in all aspects.

Furthermore, still having a one only annoying issue, which is the game so slow on progress, meaning even I had almost 40 Hrs playtime till now, with premium accnt and 46% Victories / Battles rate, but still stuck with only 2 tier V / VI Ships and few other lower ranks ships.

I want to experience more ships, more Technics, but always running out of credits, XP, Free XP,...

Hope I make my point clear and looking fwrd to hear from your good side.

Players
56 posts
Just now, _ramrus_ said:

You can buy higher tier ships if you do not enjoy grinding.

If you do this, I would recommend playing premium ships in co-op first, especially if you go for a Tier 8, to get used to them and the general gameplay. I never took a premium into random until I'd faced it in co-op with a silver ship.

Players
289 posts
2,307 battles
26 minutes ago, Capt_SH said:

Good day, dears

Furthermore, still having a one only annoying issue, which is the game so slow on progress, meaning even I had almost 40 Hrs playtime till now, with premium accnt and 46% Victories / Battles rate, but still stuck with only 2 tier V / VI Ships and few other lower ranks ships.

I want to experience more ships, more Technics, but always running out of credits, XP, Free XP,...

it's just the general jist of the game, grinding is basically one of the main aspects of any world of series games made by wargaming (and world of warcraft by blizzard-activision).

i only have three tier 7's atm but it's better to learn the game and know what you are doing rather than bomb up the tech tree and get abused every other match for poor performance due to inexperience.

also use co-op as a training ground for testing ships and play a few battles to understand at a basic level how the ships will operate.

also try and use flags and complete missions for flags and camos.

and make sure you spec your captains correctly as you may regret it in the future.

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,348 battles
31 minutes ago, Capt_SH said:

Good day, dears

Premium will help you a lot but even more than that will help you if you focus just on one line, until you get tier 10, then you can level a second one, it's best if you choose one class of ships and play only that, your win rate will get much better, don't try to be jack of all trades. Naturally I find the CVs to be the best class for me but for you it might be something else...

[TTT]
Players
4,601 posts
8,081 battles
50 minutes ago, Capt_SH said:

Good day, dears

the grind is a large part of how WG makes money of this free-to-play title, by making players want to accelerate through premium account and the like. So yeah, not going to change - deal with it.

And if it's any comfort to you - Warships is a looooooooooot more forgiving in pretty much every aspect of its economy than Tanks.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,429 posts

Your 180 battles arn't exactly many.

At this point you might have good grasp of the general gameplay but you still have a lot of things to see. Have you already learned to not travel in straight lines when DDs are nearby or how you evade incoming torpedo bombers for example? Those things will just become harder the higher up you go. It is better to properly learn those basics in the lower levels, so you can master them as you move up.

A slower pace in advancing through the tiers will actually help you. There are ways to advance faster, and premium time is only one of them, but I wouldn't advice you to do so. I doubt would be happy at those higher tiers yet.

[-KC-]
Players
11 posts
412 battles
10 hours ago, Erinnyes2000 said:

If you do this, I would recommend playing premium ships in co-op first, especially if you go for a Tier 8, to get used to them and the general gameplay. I never took a premium into random until I'd faced it in co-op with a silver ship.

Thanks for the good advice.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,671 posts
11,170 battles

Hi all,

13 hours ago, Capt_SH said:

Good day, dears

The best way is TO TAKE IT SLOW - PLEASE DO NOT RUSH THE GAME !!!

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I was at Tier III with 500+ games and that+'s how the game is learned... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1