Sign in to follow this  
Vilodrom

DD's, Now what?

4 comments in this topic

[-WB-]
Players
66 posts
1,186 battles

So I've been really enjoying the DD gameplay and been loving the Isokaze (those sneak torps are the actual bomb) but I feel like I ened a change. The whole being stealthy, fire torps, get some hits, try to stay undetected can be quite repetetive. I feel like now would be the time for a change, to anything but a DD, maybe a cruiser, battleship, or a CV.

I just want to know some enjoyable nation lines (up to t4, so I can practice a little before mm) that are a difference to your average DD and that suit me well.

thats about it, love to hear your responses <3

Players
1,468 posts
10,095 battles

German BB's in my opinion are the best to start at in lower tiers. Russian Cruisers do well in lower tiers too... If you have only been using IJN Destroyers then try PA or German and make sure you use Concealment Expert as it makes all the difference.

Players
2,109 posts
15,268 battles

Honestly, even without premium account, ships are unlocked so quickly in the low tiers that you should just pick something. If it doesn't hit the spot, pick the next thing. Pick three things at once.

Edit: That said, you should at least grind one thing to Tier V (so unlock Minekaze and/or Mutsuki) because mostly all daily challenges and combat missions are for Tier V ships and up, and without one, you'd miss out on goodies worth having. Same goes for later campaign missions in the Science of Victory campaign.

Edit2: In the same spirit, you might want to grind out at least one Tier VI cruiser or BB soonish, so you can participate in at least some of the PvE operations. These also yield some nice rewards and are fun. Best not bring DDs to Operations though except if you're absolutely positive you know what you're doing.

• Cool 2

[SM0KE]
Players
3,396 posts
8,787 battles

Whilst (obviously) most BBs will give you cooties, +1 to the suggestion to try German BBs - they're rather less dull than many of the others.

Lower tier cruisers can be fun, for the ludicrous dakka, which also has the merit of being useful for honing skills needed for more gun-orientated DDs.

Other than that, what @Nautical_Metaphor said!

BTW it's currently possible to bag one or more ten point captains from the Arsenal - if you can, do so; they'll make your life a lot easier as (for example) that means you can start with CE from the off, which is really helpful.

Sign in to follow this