Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Colonel_HG

Reporting A Player

10 comments in this topic

Question

9 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
908 posts
10,201 battles

Perhaps if a player received hundreds of the same sort of complaint over an extended period there might be more serious repurcussions but I've never heard of such a thing? They probably just lose the 1 karma.

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles
25 minutes ago, Benser said:

Perhaps if a player received hundreds of the same sort of complaint over an extended period there might be more serious repurcussions but I've never heard of such a thing? They probably just lose the 1 karma.

No such thing.

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles
6 minutes ago, Benser said:

Yes. Why should WG punish players for playing badly? Playing bad is punishment enough.

Bad players have the same right to play the game as average and good players.

Players
2,109 posts
15,313 battles

The players are not even notified they have been reported.

They only ever find out if they bother to keep track of their karma.

What you can do, although it is frowned upon and I think it's even a rule violation, is ask the other players in chat to report them.

Even if the players in question know reporting is de facto meaningless, it creates peer pressure and self doubt, and that will get to most people at least a little, no matter how tough and arrogant they pretend to be and how much they think they are right. (Except if it blows up in your face and others stand up for them against you in chat, which can of course also happen.)

For serious infractions, like griefing or having a disgusting nick, or serious offensive behaviour in chat, you can contact customer service, and apparently people have been getting things like a period of suspension for that, although there is no way for you to find out if that indeed happened after a report of yours.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
908 posts
10,201 battles
13 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes. Why should WG punish players for playing badly? Playing bad is punishment enough.

Bad players have the same right to play the game as average and good players.

Oh true, I forgot the topic was specifically for bad play reports.