Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Ranked Battles - For those who have hit Rank 10 or beyond - Did you do it in just BBs?

45 comments in this topic

Players
1,662 posts
6,439 battles

I want to know if there are any "unicums" out there, that have achieved getting to high ranks without the use or CAs or DDs? As seems to be the norm...

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,711 posts
6,813 battles

Got to rank 10 playing mainly BB's after my Z-52 got tired of having me at the helm. Republique and Yamato are probably the strongest ships you could have, Yama with the lolpen and great armor, Rep with speed and RoF.

• Cool 1

[OLEUM]
[OLEUM]
Players
12 posts
13,251 battles

reached 5 with DDs for the most. Yesterday bounced back to 7. BTW I dont consider me unicum or whatever :Smile_smile: 

All the best, Desty

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
6,891 posts
1 hour ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I want to know if there are any "unicums" out there, that have achieved getting to high ranks without the use or CAs or DDs? As seems to be the norm...

Enterprise and Midway/Hakuryu only, really relaxing battles. On my way from rank 15 to 10 i have lost only 2 stars.

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

Rank 10 doesnt seem that hard. Im currently ranked 10 pissing off my teammates and enemies with Khaba. Just playing to grind out my legendary mod so I can test it. If everyone hates to play with Khaba on your team then perhaps its time for a buff. :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
616 posts
9,544 battles

I've used Montana for last season.

I'm using Montana for this season.

I'll use Montana for next season.

• Funny 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,340 posts
7,554 battles

player NC for T8 that was easy duck hunt games.

Then i switched to yamato/ henry. mostly yamato tho.

most of the times you will see your BB's go lemmingtraining to 1 side.

be sure you do not follow them and create a crossfire.

But ofc u can not do that alone in a BB if you have no support tho.

especialy if  you have a CV against u (altho that is rare) . 

So try to dictate your spare DD or cruiser to go with u or go to the other cap. 

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles

After 7-8 battles (and only 1 of them was victory) I quit from this ranked season. Its enough I see from people around me how ''good'' rank progress.

[POI--]
Players
5,895 posts
7,229 battles
1 hour ago, _ramrus_ said:

I've used Montana for last season.

I'm using Montana for this season.

I'll use Montana for next season.

What if it isn't T10 next season?

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

Republique for me. Found it much more comfortable in ranked than any other ship.

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
7,083 battles

I haven't gotten around to reaching rank 10 and beyond yet, but when I eventually do, I'll do it with a mix up of legendary module Yamato and my T10 cruisers. The cruisers are great and you can do great contributions in them, but whenever I don't take the BB role myself I feel like I'm risking the battle big time by potentially having one more potato BB on the team, increasing overall fatal risk of not having a single good BB on your team, which happens all too often IMO (and unlike in randoms I can't div up to fix this problem by having a friend/clan member secure the spot). As a BB main I would then feel responsible...

[SLAPP]
Players
1,340 posts
7,554 battles
2 hours ago, RobS80 said:

Republique for me

RAAHHH want to try it! but dont have it yet XD and dont feel like grinding it atm :P 

[YAMUM]
Players
1,807 posts
20,730 battles

dear op, really just as friendly headsup: don't count on it! do not try to force it, it might get u disappointed...

comin' from someone who got burned out and gave in like all seasons before, no jolly roger in yet 9 seasons. this season i started with just trying to go for last stage on some unique upgrades, ended on a losing streak for my zao. jumped on henry and full sec-GK, finally back on track lol (...maybe xD :(...). what to be learned: don't try to force it ;)....

regarding ur stats u might be too early for higher ranks btw, get some more expierience 1st. on the other hand, ranked not that much is about skill, so might just enjoy lol.

edit: oopsies, no unicum ticket here, i'm out :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,919 battles
22 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

You are glued to this Tier 10, aren't you? :fish_sleep:

• Angry 1

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

Sitting at rank 6 after a very calm breeze through the ranks, but no, not in a battleship, used the ships that actually matter and influence the game, Worcester, Grozovoi, Hakuryu :Smile_playing: 

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

Just play whatever you enjoy. It's about stamina, not skill, anyway. Which probably explains why I tend to bugger off once I got the easy rewards in quickly. I was informed my stamina was found wanting more often than I care to remember. Then again, I usually don't stay for breakfast anyway, so why bust a lung. It's a lifestyle choice.

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
244 posts
6,157 battles

In the morning reached rank 9 again...hindenburg, wooster seem to be the best choice...tried gearing, but when u support potatoes, makes me thinking that I put that much effort to spot for them, smoke for them, and they just captain clueless....so gearring is out from the pool:D btw....morning ranked battle was the best...Haru smoked up from my hinden 5 km away...I was just....okay, are you sure about this?:DDDDD

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
894 posts
8,412 battles

reached rank 5 yesterday....but god, to earn 2 stars yesterday i needed 25 games...i was always at rank 6 with 3 stars and couldn't manage to win

Spoiler

shot-18_09.03_01_52.47-0150.thumb.jpg.2d947d603cd113549f4ff125fd7a342f.jpg

my lovely dm was cursed, needed the montana

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,422 battles

tried some BB action in the T8 ranks, but quickly changed to DD/CL for T10 (but then I don't have any T10 BB's :) )

[DPT]
Players
321 posts
8,856 battles

I am only at 12, have played all my TX games with Cruisers. Don't like BBs and DDs seem to have a hard time with all the radar around. 

Cruisers at TX are pretty good at not losing a star. Haven't lost one yet.

Worecester is my weakest cruiser so far, Des moin my safest bet and Mino is just hillarious.

Sign in to follow this