Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Parma_muc

Ranked Battles

Ranked Battles (0.7.8)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How do you find the current ranked battles (Update 0.7.8)?

• Good, only T VIII and T X in every ranked battle season
    • Bad, i would like other levels (for example T IX)
    • Bad, i don't like the ranked battles. They should be abolished.
    • Alright for now but not next season
    • No answer
  2. 2. Which level do you want to play in ranked battles? (Pease pick different levels in this and the following question for the 2 levels in one ranked season!)

• T II
    • T III
    • T IV
    • T V
    • T VI
    • T VII
    • T VIII
    • T IX
    • T X
    • No answer
  3. 3. Which level do you want to play in ranked battles? (Please take a diffrent level as in the previous question!)

• T II
    • T III
    • T IV
    • T V
    • T VI
    • T VII
    • T VIII
    • T IX
    • T X
    • No answer

16 comments in this topic

[K-P-M]
Players
1,963 posts
3,345 battles

Ahoi,

the tenth season of ranked battles has already started. But it's again only T VIII and T X. In the parallel thread in the German-Forum I've already started a survey. To make this survey more popular i create this thread. Please vote in the survey in this thread and in the German-Thread. I Need your vote to make this survey more authentic

The survey is similar with the German-Thread, but i've splitted the second question into two seperate questions.

:Smile_honoring:Parma

[_FK_]
Beta Tester
252 posts
5,357 battles

Anything where I can avoid this please.

image.thumb.png.b4419d34f6fe0fa1145e668106400185.png

I'm still coming to grips with what just happened....

So in other words, anything but Tier 8 please.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,727 posts
6,861 battles

Change the poll options in the first question so you have an option of  "alright for now but not next season".

As for the rest, tier 6. 

[K-P-M]
Players
1,963 posts
3,345 battles
Vor 1 Minute, ollonborre sagte:

Change the poll options in the first question so you have an option of  "alright for now but not next season".

I've created a new answer for that. 

Vor 6 Minuten, loppantorkel sagte:

Bad poll. I'm fine with current Ranked season, doesn't mean I want it every season. ..so biased poll.

Can you give me Arguments why it's a "biased poll"? 

[UNICS]
Players
3,688 posts
14,490 battles
24 minutes ago, Parma_muc said:

I've created a new answer for that. 

Well, it's better now that you changed it. Why should I give you an argument when you understand why it was biased since you changed it?

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, Parma_muc said:

Your initial poll was like this:

Do you like apples?

a) yes, I want to eat nothing but apples

b) no, I'd prefer something else

c) no, people should stop eating fruits

d) no answer

Someone who likes apples needs to choose between declaring that he'd like apples and nothing but apples for each meal until he dies OR one that says he doesn't like apples. Many apple lovers will either refuse to answer or will give an answer that they don't like apples. These answers lead to apple-liking being heavily underreported. Thus, the provided answers and the structure of the poll heavily influence the results. Hence, the poll is biased.

It should be noted that there's been plenty a Doctor's Thesis written on the topic of poll construction - it's extremely hard to remove bias from a poll and get representative results (and that's assuming that you can actually get a representative sample of population to respond to your poll) but some mistakes are pretty straightforward and easy to spot even for a layman - this was one of them.

• Cool 2

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles

Interesting thing I'm taking from this poll so far is that the majority of voters seem to be leaning towards tier 6 as the preferred Ranked tier. 

When I think about it, it is pretty damn balanced overall, and I can't think of the last time I played 6's on the regular, I don't remember. I barely remember what ships are at the tier these days. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
1 hour ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Interesting thing I'm taking from this poll so far is that the majority of voters seem to be leaning towards tier 6 as the preferred Ranked tier. 

When I think about it, it is pretty damn balanced overall, and I can't think of the last time I played 6's on the regular, I don't remember. I barely remember what ships are at the tier these days. 

Well, the problem with t6 is that all the fun ships of middle tiers are at t5 and t7 :Smile_teethhappy:

I really don't get why people would want t6 Ranked...

The best tier (for a change from t10) would probably be t9... if only there was a way to exclude Missouri :Smile_facepalm: I have no proof but I expect that t9 scoring so low in the poll is in no small part "thanks" to Missouri.

[POI--]
Players
5,939 posts
7,236 battles
22 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, the problem with t6 is that all the fun ships of middle tiers are at t5 and t7 :Smile_teethhappy:

First off, Graf Spee is plenty fun, as are Leander, Perth, Fuso, Warspite. Especially when not up against T8. Second, the only T6 ship that might be OP is T-61 and even then it is still not at the level of silly that Giulio Cesare and Belfast are, one tier lower and one tier higher.

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

The best tier (for a change from t10) would probably be t9... if only there was a way to exclude Missouri :Smile_facepalm: I have no proof but I expect that t9 scoring so low in the poll is in no small part "thanks" to Missouri.

Plenty of fun at tier 6, there's a reason Buddy is still the second of my top three ships even though I haven't touched here in well over a year. As Riselotte also said, the only OP ship at the tier is T-61, and as far as I am aware, hardly anyone has her, and  she can still by countered pretty hard. 

As for tier 9. Alsace, Kron, Missouri, Musashi. Soon Alaska. Kron is especially bad here - she has 25k more base HP than any other CA at the tier. Other than those 4 ships, T9 Ranked would indeed be balanced. The Musashi spam would be incredible though, and there are a lot less ways to deal with a Yamato class with only tier 9's present. 

[HALON]
Players
599 posts
9,090 battles

For my tastes the meat of this game sits at tier 5 / 6 / 7.

Hving to choose 2 tiers i would go 6 / 7.