Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

Stats

49 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
234 posts
6,677 battles

Make sure you are logged in and go to your stats page on the WoWS website (under players). Then click the eye icon next to profile privacy and select your preferred option - this only appears if you are logged in.

[TACHA]
Players
1,300 posts
13,196 battles

The problem is that some people are simply better than others. I know I am no good really, so play ships where I can help the team as much as I can. I don't play BBs on the whole as I feel having a rubbish BB player probably makes the most difference (except CVs but don't play them at all!) but I enjoy playing so don't want to just walk away. My reflexes are not as quick as they used to be and my situational awareness is certainly nothing to write home about, but I try my best. Of course some of you will look at my stats and laugh but surely this is a game and should embrace all. I don't play Tier X as I wouldn't wish to cause others to lose credits if I screw up and play a small number of ships in which I perform adequately I feel. I don't criticise others or stat shame because I have been there and the vast majority of players are friendly and helpful. I can understand why the OP is asking to make his stats private but wouldn't as I rather people know my limitations.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
1 hour ago, lameoll said:

he can have his own personal fun in a multiplayer  team game. 

I fail to see how this can be fun?

Plz dont flame me, i really dont get it :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,570 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Plz dont flame me, i really dont get it

oh neither do i  a lot of them have 5000+ battles and still  do not know how to stay alive longer then 5 minutes.

there is litterly nothing fun about that unless u are a masochist i would guess... 

• Funny 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,490 battles
19 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Some people just play games to give them a mindscape, relax and have fun. It is not about winning or losing. They don't want to stress them self because oh wee maybe someone on the interwebs might think i'm a bad player. They don't care and nor should you btw. 

• Cool 2

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,570 battles
2 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

hey don't care and nor should you btw. 

if this was a single player game yes he should not care.

but this is a multiplayer game sooo  yes he should.

i mean cheaters get banned because they ruin the game experience.

by your reasoning they should never complain about cheaters ever.

because they do not care about winning annyway.

im not saying bad player should get banned.

But it would be nice if not everyone could buy their way into high tier gameplay.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
1 minute ago, Linkaex said:

Some people just play games to give them a mindscape, relax and have fun. It is not about winning or losing. They don't want to stress them self because oh wee maybe someone on the interwebs might think i'm a bad player. They don't care and nor should you btw. 

Arent there other games more suited for that? If i want to relax i certainly wouldnt start WoWs ever. But then again my mindset is set on winning if i play WoWs. As in every PVP game, since its the key feature imo, being better than others.

Playing Coop i could understand to relax.

7 minutes ago, lameoll said:

oh neither do i  a lot of them have 5000+ battles and still  do not know how to stay alive longer then 5 minutes.

there is litterly nothing fun about that unless u are a masochist i would guess... 

Exactly. What does it give me when i die in 5 minutes? lets face it, we are being generous here... could be as low as 3 mins for some players.

Do nothing, die all the time. Why?

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
616 posts
9,561 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

People are different. You don't have to understand it.

He certanly has no problems with researching all the ships, why do you ?

Hes doing his own thing.

• Boring 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,490 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Arent there other games more suited for that? If i want to relax i certainly wouldnt start WoWs ever. But then again my mindset is set on winning if i play WoWs. As in every PVP game, since its the key feature imo, being better than others.

Playing Coop i could understand to relax.

Exactly. What does it give me when i die in 5 minutes? lets face it, we are being generous here... could be as low as 3 mins for some players.

Do nothing, die all the time. Why?

Maybe there are, maybe he just likes ships? 
maybe he likes to play with his friends in divs and have some fun. I surely like to play VS real life players than bots. 
And don't act like WOWs is some MLG game. It ain't, far from it. Want to play games competitively. Please pick another. One that does have decent tournaments where you actually can earn money in. 

The only competitive side this game has is ranked and clan battles.  If people want to derp around in randoms they are free to do so. 

2 minutes ago, lameoll said:

if this was a single player game yes he should not care.

but this is a multiplayer game sooo  yes he should.

i mean cheaters get banned because they ruin the game experience.

by your reasoning they should never complain about cheaters ever.

because they do not care about winning annyway.

im not saying bad player should get banned.

But it would be nice if not everyone could buy their way into high tier gameplay.

When playing ranked and clan battles yes. But randoms XD 

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,570 battles
Just now, Linkaex said:

When playing ranked and clan battles yes. But randoms XD

your saying ranked.

these players are alowed in ranked.

so no there is no difference

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,490 battles
Just now, lameoll said:

your saying ranked.

these players are alowed in ranked.

so no there is no difference

They are allowed yes. One of the reasons why WOWs aint a competitive game. 

They should fix that yes. But making fun of players because they have bad stats is a no go. 

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,570 battles
4 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

But making fun of players because they have bad stats is a no go. 

mye its not that im making fun of them.

IF they are willing to learn i would not care less that they play T10 and improve.

problem is most of them have thousands of battles and will never aprove. because they do not care about annythin than their own self interest in a team game. 

and those ppl should really get some self awareness that T10 is not their style and drop to lower tiers.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,490 battles
6 minutes ago, lameoll said:

mye its not that im making fun of them.

IF they are willing to learn i would not care less that they play T10 and improve.

problem is most of them have thousands of battles and will never aprove. because they do not care about annythin than their own self interest in a team game. 

and those ppl should really get some self awareness that T10 is not their style and drop to lower tiers.

Yeah I kinda agree with you on that. But I think the reality is that for some players it does not matter which tier they sail. They will be equally bad regardless. 
And if someone putted years and thousands of battles in to the game. They are free to play whatever they like. 

The problem with WOW's is the MM and no decent ladder option for people who want to play competitively. So as long we don't have that the problem will stay as it is. 

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
738 posts
11,997 battles

Thanks to the OP for making his stats public. Unfortunately, by stat bashing people, people have a tendency to want to hide their stats. This has the side effect of skewing external stat site data. Orange PR stats are actually more average than they are below average.

Lets take an example from different stat sites:

As you can see, one stat site that uses a rating called PR, which is a weighting of win rate/average damage/kill frags, similar to WTR, rates me below average at 891 in the Emerald. So, according to some my IQ must be less than 80! Yet my win rate in that ship is far above average,  I actually have slightly below average damage on a website with a greater sample size, and my kill frags are average. Note: The last screenshot is from a WIP site under development. Warning: some external web sites may just rate half of people in a simplistic red 'bad' bracket.

Everybody has a right to play this game, even if they are not mentally or physically in the best condition. If people want to compete with players on their level, they can play clan battles. Some don't, as they actually don't like competing with players on their level, preferring to play in divisions skewing a game in their favour.

Skill is relative, remove bad players from a game and then average players become bad. Remove the average players from the game, then the good players become bad. Keep that up, and eventually the weakest unicum becomes a potato and the server population has dropped so much that the game is no longer economically viable.

Screenshot from 2018-09-03 06-48-29.png

Screenshot from 2018-09-03 06-48-39.png

Screenshot from 2018-09-03 06-49-18.png

• Cool 5

[JRM]
Players
3,104 posts
18,364 battles

Simple stat mechanic - you (relatvely since derpy moments happen to everyone) consistantly end up in top 3 after a fight you are fine, if on the winning side more then half of the time (while beeing top 3) you are more then fine and if you consistantly have top place and at least 50% exp more then the runner up you are unicum material and given time you will be no matter how the given site calculates it

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
2 hours ago, Armorin said:

Thanks to the OP for making his stats public. Unfortunately, by stat bashing people, people have a tendency to want to hide their stats. This has the side effect of skewing external stat site data. Orange PR stats are actually more average than they are below average.

Lets take an example from different stat sites:

As you can see, one stat site that uses a rating called PR, which is a weighting of win rate/average damage/kill frags, similar to WTR, rates me below average at 891 in the Emerald. So, according to some my IQ must be less than 80! Yet my win rate in that ship is far above average,  I actually have slightly below average damage on a website with a greater sample size, and my kill frags are average. Note: The last screenshot is from a WIP site under development. Warning: some external web sites may just rate half of people in a simplistic red 'bad' bracket.

(...)

You miss a very important aspect of the situation. Most times when people bring up stats, what they really bring up is winrate (or solo winrate to avoid the effects of divisioning). Unlike in WoT, all the other stats are treated as supplementary at best. You see, the problem is - these metrics (PR, WTR) focus on damage and kills... and these in WoWs don't reflect the actual contribution well. There is a couple reasons for that:

1.  Damage is determined by your playstyle and preferred targets. In WoT various classes of tanks have different hp pools, but the differences aren't nearly as big as in WoWs. This means that a ship that can specialize in hunting various prey get vastly different results. Take Kitakaze. There are two base focuses for building and playing her

- a DD hunter; you make use of your reasonable concealment to surprise enemy DDs at close range with maxed-out DPM build

- a mini-Harugumo; you burn things down with HE alpha and the amount of fires that your literal rain of supposedly low-firechance shells sets with DE

Depending on your focus, your main job is sneaking around and ambishing DDs OR farming damage on BBs and cruisers. Regardless of which playstyle is actually more influential, it's obvious which one is going to give you better damage values (and, therefore, WTR)

2. Kills are, to an extent, farmable. And damn, have I seen players making bad choices just to farm kills. My personal favourite is CVs performing a full drop on 15%hp BB that heavily overextended and is going down under focused fire to the point that torps reaching their target shorten the poor sucker's life by maybe five seconds. The drop is basically wasted - but the CV just got a kill...

3. MANY important activities don't even get into WTR. In WoWs capping is extremely important. Tactical use of Radar, spotting etc - these things win battles but aren't easy to quantify (even spotting - in theory we have spotting damage; in practice a spotted ship often opens fire and suddenly becomes spotted by EVERYTHING, not just the original spotter...)

In the end the one stat that really tells you something is winrate. And that takes a lot of matches to be to any extent reliable, but ultimately that's what lets you make a guess about whether the player in question is usually a liability or an asset to their team. The other stats can tell you something about player's playstyle, they are nice for checking if the WR from relatively few battles seems to be a fluke or not... but, in the end, only WR% really amounts to anything.

PS: The one stat that could actually give one a bit better understanding of players' performance - the average XP - is actually THE most useless because for whatever reason it includes the bonus from Premium time :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
4,151 posts
4,669 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Simple stat mechanic - you (relatvely since derpy moments happen to everyone) consistantly end up in top 3 after a fight you are fine, if on the winning side more then half of the time (while beeing top 3) you are more then fine and if you consistantly have top place and at least 50% exp more then the runner up you are unicum material and given time you will be no matter how the given site calculates it

Well, duh. Now explain how I can have a different win rate to my son, we div up 99.999% of the games. And I mean not a .1% difference. LOL.

https://wows-numbers.com/clan/500159710,AS13-Alpa-squat-13/ (me at 8 - BLUB__BLUB, son at 10 - boat73).

Stats are stats. But i wonder how they take a sample. We're in the top half of the clan.

And then what happens,. shortest game ever: I drive my Dallas into C cap, and find the whole enemy fleet, got blapped OFC.

We still won... son escaped in his DD and ended up top scorer. 

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
28 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

You got some issues :Smile-_tongue:

Nope, if i dont want to win against other humanplayers, i play a different game?

More wins = more fun. Even if you have a bad match and still win, then you atleast have a win :Smile_amazed:

5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

2. Kills are, to an extent, farmable. And damn, have I seen players making bad choices just to farm kills. My personal favourite is CVs performing a full drop on 15%hp BB that heavily overextended and is going down under focused fire to the point that torps reaching their target shorten the poor sucker's life by maybe five seconds. The drop is basically wasted - but the CV just got a kill...

15%? Thats generous. Ive seen CVs race to a burning ship, which is being shot at by 6 ppl, just to drop alls his bombs and torps into a sinking ship, becaues it died already :Smile_facepalm:

Players
182 posts
2,959 battles
14 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, duh. Now explain how I can have a different win rate to my son, we div up 99.999% of the games. And I mean not a .1% difference. LOL.

https://wows-numbers.com/clan/500159710,AS13-Alpa-squat-13/ (me at 8 - BLUB__BLUB, son at 10 - boat73).

You have 1000 games, your son has 1700 games... that's little bit more than .1% difference :Smile_teethhappy:

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
738 posts
11,997 battles
9 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You miss a very important aspect of the situation. Most times when people bring up stats, what they really bring up is winrate (or solo winrate to avoid the effects of divisioning). Unlike in WoT, all the other stats are treated as supplementary at best. You see, the problem is - these metrics (PR, WTR) focus on damage and kills... and these in WoWs don't reflect the actual contribution well. There is a couple reasons for that:

1.  Damage is determined by your playstyle and preferred targets. In WoT various classes of tanks have different hp pools, but the differences aren't nearly as big as in WoWs. This means that a ship that can specialize in hunting various prey get vastly different results. Take Kitakaze. There are two base focuses for building and playing her

- a DD hunter; you make use of your reasonable concealment to surprise enemy DDs at close range with maxed-out DPM build

- a mini-Harugumo; you burn things down with HE alpha and the amount of fires that your literal rain of supposedly low-firechance shells sets with DE

Depending on your focus, your main job is sneaking around and ambishing DDs OR farming damage on BBs and cruisers. Regardless of which playstyle is actually more influential, it's obvious which one is going to give you better damage values (and, therefore, WTR)

3. MANY important activities don't even get into WTR. In WoWs capping is extremely important. Tactical use of Radar, spotting etc - these things win battles but aren't easy to quantify (even spotting - in theory we have spotting damage; in practice a spotted ship often opens fire and suddenly becomes spotted by EVERYTHING, not just the original spotter...)

In the end the one stat that really tells you something is winrate. And that takes a lot of matches to be to any extent reliable, but ultimately that's what lets you make a guess about whether the player in question is usually a liability or an asset to their team. The other stats can tell you something about player's playstyle, they are nice for checking if the WR from relatively few battles seems to be a fluke or not... but, in the end, only WR% really amounts to anything.

PS: The one stat that could actually give one a bit better understanding of players' performance - the average XP - is actually THE most useless because for whatever reason it includes the bonus from Premium time :Smile_facepalm:

The simple WR/Damage/Kills focus on PR/WTR is a choice of those who created them. High kill games usually lead to a stupidly high rating regardless of the other factors. It also doesn't encourage AA speccing, since the player will not get a rating reward for doings so, even though they have helped protect their team.

Other factors can be considered, number of initial ship spots, spotting damage, potential damage, plane kills, survival rates, main battery accuracy, etc.. Capping cannot be obtained from the API (or torpedo spotting). So there are many aspects of play that just cannot be measured. But with a rating system that reduces the impact of one aspect, maybe it could correspond with win rates closer. It would certainly give a better idea of the type of player a player is, e.g. spotter or damage dealer, camper or yolo rusher (by looking at a combination of stats). Should be possible to create a rating system that is different for each battle type (pve, pvp, pvp_div3 etc...) and even rate people over a time period compared with their contemporaries.

[BBMM]
Players
4,151 posts
4,669 battles
17 minutes ago, Naesil said:

You have 1000 games, your son has 1700 games... that's little bit more than .1% difference :Smile_teethhappy:

Yes, but the difference comes from way before last year. I judged him not old enough (he was 12... still in basic education) to have his own,

so we played one one account - me 'babysitting' him. And him watching (and 'helping') me.

Now he has full control, and I started a new account, but we play almost 100% in division (and I am definately 100% sure of that, LOL).

So... how? Definately in the clan (we joined same time) and 'latest weeks', WR should not make ANY difference. :Smile_popcorn:

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles
3 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

So... how? Definately in the clan (we joined same time) and 'latest weeks', WR should not make ANY difference. :Smile_popcorn:

Stats show that you played 51 solo battles in the last 3 weeks, while the other account has 1 solo battle in the same period.

so far ive seen no discrepency in my own stats, and i play 99% division aswell.

[BBMM]
Players
4,151 posts
4,669 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Stats show that you played 51 solo battles in the last 3 weeks, while the other account has 1 solo battle in the same period.

I haven't found how to display that, and it's BS too. I only play when he is home (it is the reason why we play, a modern dad gamingwith his son).

There's something rotten in the state of Stats, I tell you.

Other than the odd last game with a clanmate, no solo play. Can't be 51... no way!

Sign in to follow this