Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Invictus_Antagonistes

What to do...

12 comments in this topic

Players
68 posts
3,631 battles

Ho!

So the past few weeks I've been working on getting the magical 750k to get the Kron, not that I'm a cruiser captain but I do enjoy something different other than my battleships at times. Then WG went and messed with my plans and teased Alaska! As a player I do prefer UK, US and Ger ships over the others but the Kron looked fun.

My issue is do I spend my 750k now on the Kron, stick my Dasha on that ship and panic grind for Alaska or do I have enough time to leisurely grind out the additonal 750k. The other simple solution would be ignore Kron and get Alaska (even though I don't know when it's coming)

What would you do? (if you have a magic 8-ball let me know when the Alaska is coming as well:cap_viking:)

[NED]
Players
4,375 posts
12,061 battles

I had the same issue OP. I decided to wait it out for a while to see what's coming. Though I decided to buy it Kron will be available for a long time. IIRC Musashi is for nearly a year now. Missouri was up for long as well and we were warned way ahead before WG pulled Mo.

[SINT]
[SINT]
Players
394 posts
16,289 battles

I will have the same choice soon. 40K fxp short from the Krohn. I have all the former fxp ships (Mo, Nelson and Mushashi) and fxp grinding for the Krohn would be a logical continuation. But since the introduction of coal i found out (after spending 750K fxp) that Mushashi was also purchasable with coal. Since i have all the coal ships (Salem not interested in) my preference would have been to buy the Mushashi with coal and the Krohn with FXP. But WG being unclear at that moment prevented this.

Now with a lot of new ships incomming i tend to hold my purchase before i get the info. I want to know what i can do with my coal and fxp. Which ships are going to be fxp, coal or both?

Its in the best interest of WG to be clear about how to purchase a free ship so players can set their grind strategy, dont feel upset afterwards or not forcing people to hold down on their currency because they feel unsafe to spend it. 

[GUNUP]
Players
22 posts
8,110 battles

Save it until we know what they are doing i guess, keep grinding freexp, not like it wont be useful. Theres nothing ive seen, happy to be corrected, to say that Alaska will be a freexp ship/coal/cw reward/ or something new like a campaign reward (which would be fantastic as a high tier campaign ;) )

[NED]
Players
1,831 posts
7,009 battles

I expect Alaska to be introduced the same patch as the new british dd's.

I would save the free xp.

[CAIN]
Players
3,321 posts
12,508 battles
2 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

I expect Alaska to be introduced the same patch as the new british dd's.

I would save the free xp.

Doubtful as it was recently unveiled. Jean Bart is much longer out and the logical choice for the next FXP ship.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Maybe get both? 

[SINT]
[SINT]
Players
394 posts
16,289 battles

But is Alaska better then Krohnstadt? I feel some bias against the Krohn even if we have no figures regarding Alaska. 

For me its ok to spend on Krohnstad, but it would be sad that when I spend my fxp on krohnstad to see afterwards that Alaska is released as an fxp and krohnstad gets the Musashi treatment and also becomes available as a coal reward...

[DC_DK]
Players
2,725 posts
27,886 battles

I would wait and see what's happening currently sitting on 1.120.000 free xp and 202.000 coal myself, and I'm waiting to see what's in for me later

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

Alaska is coming very soon, and it will be a much more interesting ship to play, so I would suggest to hold onto that FXP, as I do not believe you will manage to re-collect it on such a short notice. If a ship would get pulled out of sale, Vegie would inform us way in advance, so there is no reason to worry about the Kronstadt. 

Sign in to follow this