Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

From Reddit: The cost of fully upgrading the Clan Base with all new bells-and-whistles =782.300 Oil !

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,669 posts
11,156 battles

Hi all,

 

Someone calculated (thread on Reddit) the cost of fully upgrading the Clan Base with all new bells-and-whistles =782.300 Oil:

 

 

And here is the spreadsheet itself:

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ix8GH60J7cI0SUXiNqO6jqzOWmTXA8RkjeKUA2rvly8/edit#gid=0

 

 

This is tremendous amount of oil required and it would take months (if not years) even for big Clans to build everything... the small(er) clans will have very very hard time with this...

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,491 posts
6,789 battles

e5upSHu.jpg

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,863 posts
10,650 battles

Still not overly interesting myelf in this, but I always knew WG would turn this into a serous grindfest once the had the time to properly implement, however if I would say something .......

 

9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

This is tremendous amount of oil required and it would take months (if not years) even for big Clans to build everything... the small(er) clans will have very very hard time with this...

 

QlgYkHA.png

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

Well I bet the idea is for Clans to actually pick things instead of the "lol, our clan exists for two months so we have everything built already" situation. Let's face it, the "old" Clan system was just there to give people a slow start but it was pretty fast that all the bonuses were the default benefits of being in a clan.

 

Of course, the new system will give big clans things to grind while - by comparison - screwing over the small clans... Oh, well. Seriously, why can't the cost of bonuses be dependent on clan size? Either the costs could scale with the number of clan members or maybe the usable oil would be 100% of earning of top 5 earners + 10% of oil earned by less "profitable" members (so that you don't get too screwed by having people who aren't super active) and balance the costs for that?...

 

Oh, well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,931 posts
10,717 battles

well i'd like to think we're reasonable active and have so far managed to collect 370k of oil, so not even half way there yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,599 posts
8,081 battles

ah, how surprising, the MINDLESS WHINE brigade is out in force again.

Jesus christ people, how about you actually look at what's posted there... On almost every single structure (Steel Yard being the one exception), the very last stage takes up more than 50% of the total cost, and that last stage gives absolutely minuscule bonuses. The meat and bone of these bonuses is concentrated in the early levels. You'll hardly even notice a difference from not having the ultimate level. But yeah of course, go ahead and [edited] at WG... :fish_palm:

  • Cool 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,076 posts
21,892 battles

So the complaint is that bigger and more active clans get something faster?

Looks normal from here(no sarcasm).

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,589 posts
3,113 battles

This is actually very good. Smaller clans will be able to expand to a point, so for example it used to cost 50k oil to expand to 40 members, now it's only 20k (5+15). This gives all small clans or more casual clans the realistic  opportunity of expansion and benefits in a timely manner.

 

If these costs hold out on live, well done WG.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
1,931 posts
10,717 battles
3 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

This is actually very good. Smaller clans will be able to expand to a point, so for example it used to cost 50k oil to expand to 40 members, now it's only 20k (5+15). This gives all small clans or more casual clans the realistic  opportunity of expansion and benefits in a timely manner.

 

If these costs hold out on live, well done WG.

it was(is) 20k to 40 and another 100k to 50 members

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
5 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

ah, how surprising, the MINDLESS WHINE brigade is out in force again.

Jesus christ people, how about you actually look at what's posted there... On almost every single structure (Steel Yard being the one exception), the very last stage takes up more than 50% of the total cost, and that last stage gives absolutely minuscule bonuses. The meat and bone of these bonuses is concentrated in the early levels. You'll hardly even notice a difference from not having the ultimate level. But yeah of course, go ahead and [edited] at WG... :fish_palm:

My clan has a bit over 200k of oil in buildings and reserves. After the reset we will easily be able to buy the buildings up to level 4, save the coal, steel, and HQ buildings. We will easily get the coal port lvl 1 and 2.

So assuming the prices posted on PTS are the same as those later in live, my clan will start with the ability to easily improve and expand the amount of bonuses players get. And with the Supply Lines competition we will get even more oil.

 

There is nothing to complain about.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,589 posts
3,113 battles
1 hour ago, Salentine said:

it was(is) 20k to 40 and another 100k to 50 members

Damn I forgot that, I thought it was 50k been so long since we did it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,491 posts
6,789 battles

Honestly? I just checked the spreadsheet in more detail and yeah....it's actually not that bad.

To get similar (and perhaps even slightly better) clan bonuses, a clan only needs to gather 60-80k oil, depending on preferences, while the increased cost of everything else allows bigger clans to have a common goal to work towards. This actually isn't even that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×