You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zlaraki

Do you enjoy playing against CV?

Do you enjoy playing against CV?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy playing against CV?

• Yes, very satisfied with CV, no change required.
    • No, delete CV from the game and compensate players who lost their ship.

204 comments in this topic

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

I hate it more than anything. One bully who just randomly flies by and ruins your day while hes sitting 40km away laughing his [edited]off. Every class has its nemesis, except CV. While I play destroyers I'm hungry for some BB. When I play BB I cant wait to one shot some cruisers out there, heck even some BB like Yamato and Conq are hungry for other BB as well. Cruisers are more balanced I say, they are indeed a nightmare to DD but can bully certain BB as well with fire. CV on the other hand is unrivaled. Every class out there hates to play against it. Whats more ridiculous is how much impact one CV can have in a ranked game if the skillcap is slighly different between your CV and your opponent. In a clan battle I feel CV has its place when players do provide support and coordinate their AA ships well, but in ranked and random battles CV is extremely unhealthy.

I would say delete this class from the game and compensate the players who lost their ship. Please do vote and let me know how you feel.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 5

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,624 posts
16,740 battles
1 minute ago, Zlaraki said:

Every class has its nemesis, except CV.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I lose all my aircraft to an AA cruiser I couldn't see because his air concealment is lower than his AA range.

Here's a simple game design fact:

Your own personal enjoyment is only relevant when you're the guy using a mechanic. Interaction is what's fun, being interacted with is not.

Thus this poll is meaningless. Every player on the enemy team exists to ruin your fun just as you exist to ruin theirs.

• Cool 10

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I'll keep that in mind the next time I lose all my aircraft to an AA cruiser I couldn't see because his air concealment is lower than his AA range.

Here's a simple game design fact:

Your own personal enjoyment is only relevant when you're the guy using a mechanic. Interaction is what's fun, being interacted with is not.

Thus this poll is meaningless. Every player on the enemy team exists to ruin your fun just as you exist to ruin theirs.

I never seen any CV lose their aircraft that fast. Ive checked your profile and as I guessed, you are a CV main. Im by no means a pro nor close to it. Your profile seems godlike compared to mine, but what Ive noticed is that your winning streak is disgusting to say the least. You average around 80% win ratio on CV, some ships even come high as 84% while all your other classes come around 60%.

Every other ship on the enemy team has indeed the potential to ruin my day, but by no means is that an indication of imbalance. When I die to a dd, cruiser or a BB, 99% of the time its my fault and I can learn from it. There is nothing to learn from a plain who happens to pass by while you have to count on random people to provide AA or fighters. First you have to count on having cruisers on your team who have strong AA, after that you hope they provide support and not run off. You pray your CV atleast provides support in which most cases they dont. We are at the mercy of CV and I dont like it.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,433 battles

Let me ask you this do you lose a gunturest or Torpedolancher about every 20 to 30 times you pull a trigger( for guns like ever 2-4 Torpedosalvos per autodestroyed  Torp lancher)?

Also whats this BS poll when its allready known that a rework is in progress? Even most CV players do not agree with the curent state of CVs that dont means tehy do not wants them in the game?

[NWP]
Players
2,187 posts
13,994 battles
16 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I never seen any CV lose their aircraft that fast.

Oh but they do. And your CA doesn't even need full AA spec to do it. 

16 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

Every other ship on the enemy team has indeed the potential to ruin my day, but by no means is that an indication of imbalance. When I die to a dd, cruiser or a BB, 99% of the time its my fault and I can learn from it. There is nothing to learn from a plain who happens to pass by while you have to count on random people to provide AA or fighters. First you have to count on having cruisers on your team who have strong AA, after that you hope they provide support and not run off. You pray your CV atleast provides support in which most cases they dont. We are at the mercy of CV and I dont like it.

When you die to a CV, it can be your fault as well:

- sailing around solo in cv game,

- not acting to planes as soon as they pop up

- using damage control wrong

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,568 posts
11,282 battles

As a DD I hate it, as a BB/cruiser I don't mind too much...a CV will limit my freedom on the map significantly. But at least there aren't too many CV around ^^

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,624 posts
16,740 battles
18 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

Too bad. Something you haven't seen surely doesn't exist.

You average around 80% win ratio on CV, some ships even come high as 84% while all your other classes come around 60%.

And during the short period of time when AA cruisers flooded the game I lost 40k average damage and fell to about 50-60% WR.

Fact is the reason why CVs are so dominant is mostly no fault of their own.

Also clearly the fact I played over 2k games in every other class as well doesn't mean anything.

There is nothing to learn from a plain who happens to pass by while you have to count on random people to provide AA or fighters.

And I guess your radar cruiser not giving you radar against a smoke or low concealment ship isn't the same situation?

• Cool 2

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
729 posts
11,956 battles

The poll is very binary. No option to say them may be fine with some tweaking.

Problem is, due to the lack of CV's, people do not consider it worthwhile to spec into AA, which will neutralises CV effectiveness quite considerably. People also don't get used to playing against CV's, so don't get used to changing play style when they crop up from time to time.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
22 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I have, plenty times. In fact I'm pretty sure you've witnessed it too, since when a team gets their sterns handed to them by an enemy CV, it's very often because the friendly CV mishandled their squadrons and fed them to good AA ships. Problem is, you're not looking what's happening to planes  - and that's part of the reason why CVs can hurt you badly enough to create this thread and ridiculous poll that literally gives the options "I'm very satisfied and don't want any changes" and "Delete the class of ships from the game" :Smile_facepalm:

Let me suggest another poll; if someone asked a following question:

"Do you think Zlaraki is a good player?

a) Yes, he's an awesome, I want him in my team every match.

b) No, cut his hands off."

Do you think such a poll would be very informative regarding your skill in WoWs?:cap_hmm:

• Funny 3

Players
4,556 posts
8,240 battles

I have actually two ways of answering this thread, but since you @Zlaraki already talked about stats and that is disgusting that players are able to do 80% WR in CVs, ill try this:

So obviously some people, like @El2aZeR are very good at playing CVs, like you found out from his stats. So you conclude "CV OP". But since CVs are always matched 1-1 that doesnt make sense. Because the other team has a CV aswell, and obviously, if someone wins 80%, the CV on the other side only wins 20%. The real conclusion is: Many players in CVs suck. Now left aside the reasons why (they have been named thousands of times in this very forum), you think its the fault of the player, who is good in the CV-class? You think they are the ones to blame for the lack of skill of your sides CVs? And what do you except someone like @El2aZeR to do? Stop playing CVs? Why would he and others? We all play to win, right? You do too, else you wouldnt complain about a loss. Do you stop playing a ship, or for that matter, a game, where you are good at? I dont think, rather the opposite, right? So how would you feel if you´d read someone, that says "take away his toy, he is too good at it, he beat me". Doesnt sound so nice now does it?

To you innitial question: Yes, with most of my ships, that I play, I actually look forward to meet a CV. All I hope for is, that my sides CV matches the skill of the opponent CV.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,881 posts
8,969 battles

Quite happy iif I'm in Kidd or Atlanta with my fully specced AA Commander, yes.

• Cool 2

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

Didn't vote becuase it depends on the Carrier in the enemy team and what ship I'am in.

Players
1,009 posts
6,188 battles

This poll is ridiculous, it's either love or hate, no other options.

But CV rework is approaching, deal with it we will soon have a CV in every game.

Players
317 posts
3,726 battles

It looks like this poll aint going in my favour. All I have to say is that CV mains should be arrested for cyber bullying.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,565 posts
10,242 battles
Just now, Zlaraki said:

It looks like this poll aint going in my favour. All I have to say is that CV mains should be arrested for cyber bullying.

Potato.

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,872 posts
10,130 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

I was once playing a Lexington and saw a spotted DD and thought "hooray, he's slowing down in a single puff of smoke, so I can bomb him while he slows down"
Turns out that there was an unspotted Kutuzov 3km behind him parking in that smoke.

I lost all 3 squadrons in literally less time than it took to make them turn around.

In a shocking relevation, actually playing the damn class and seeing the other side of the issue gives insight, like the fact that sometimes you're randomly going to lose a squadron because a previously unspotted AA cruiser with 7.2km AA range just popped DFAA.
Or sometimes, you're randomly going to lose two planes on the first few damage ticks of entering a Minotaur's 8km deathzone.

He said, playing almost exclusively T10 BBs, and mostly Conqueror and Yamato.

• Cool 1

Players
257 posts
3,072 battles
1 hour ago, Zlaraki said:

I hate it more than anything. One bully who just randomly flies by and ruins your day while hes sitting 40km away laughing his [edited]off. Every class has its nemesis, except CV. While I play destroyers I'm hungry for some BB. When I play BB I cant wait to one shot some cruisers out there, heck even some BB like Yamato and Conq are hungry for other BB as well. Cruisers are more balanced I say, they are indeed a nightmare to DD but can bully certain BB as well with fire. CV on the other hand is unrivaled. Every class out there hates to play against it. Whats more ridiculous is how much impact one CV can have in a ranked game if the skillcap is slighly different between your CV and your opponent. In a clan battle I feel CV has its place when players do provide support and coordinate their AA ships well, but in ranked and random battles CV is extremely unhealthy.

I would say delete this class from the game and compensate the players who lost their ship. Please do vote and let me know how you feel.

your poll is a joke 2 options delete or no change where everybody and there aunt knows a cv rework is underway, got no time for biased polls so i will vote for the option i would be most happy with keep them as they are.

but the real option should be they need to be re-balanced and potentially reworked if necessary (which WG has decided it is)

i have the same feeling with bb's blaping me out the water at 20km when my firing range is say 13km in a cruiser couldn't even defend myself, at least with planes i got aa guns, get real op,

cv's nemesis is a dd for the most part, there hard to hit if the dd player knows what his doing, yes i think planes should have a limited amount of fuel before they need to go and well refuel

cv's once spotted are screwed they have limited defensive secondarys are absolutely  massive with no real armor there a exp bonanza once you spot the CV

and as to this "It looks like this poll aint going in my favour. All I have to say is that CV mains should be arrested for cyber bullying" is i feel the same way when invisible dd's delete me or when a cruiser sets me on perma fire or when a bb blaps me from the other side of the map.

i think a git gud is in order here. and i am far from "good" myself getting good for me is a work in progress 

Players
1,078 posts
8,085 battles

In a hypothetical case where they're roughly equally skilled, yeah I do.

I genuinely like the whole needing to work with AA coverage, considering the presence of planes, getting spotting help from friendly CV. It becomes a richer game.

I also like playing CV's myself, once in a while.

As a proviso, I do prefer CV games when I'm in a division. It really helps to have a couple players you know you can work with.

[2137]
[2137]
Weekend Tester
318 posts
6,494 battles
8 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Potato.

git gud

[-RT-]
Players
218 posts
11,484 battles

I prefer not having CVs in my random games tbh.

22 ships have to adapt their playstyle because of 2 occasional Cvs. IJN-DDs without smoke or a hydro-Henri for example will likely not enjoy those games :Smile-_tongue:

Investing captain points into aa that is useless for the majority of your games seems questionable. And even if you have an aa-specced ship, there is the chance that all your aa has been he-spamed from your ship by the time it is needed...

• Cool 4

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
433 posts
5,171 battles

Oh yeah, really enjoying divisioning with unicum Kaga clanmate while driving my full AA specced Lyon :Smile_child:

Players
1,691 posts
16,776 battles

Battles with CVs are more interesting. I even don't dodge CVs in ranked. And I don't play CVs myself (yet). Yes, it sucks when my CV is an auto-attacking AS Hakuryu. But that's also true for my border-humping tier 10 BBs and 'flanking' carrier-hunter DDs.

If I run into a Hakuryu with my no-smoke Yugumo I just adapt my play style: I stay close to my AA ships. The only counter to a CV is teamwork. It's sad if you don't want to play as a team player in a team game but that's your decision.

Oh, and if you think planes 'happen' to come to you and nuke you in seconds and you don't learn anything from it, guess what: You have a lot to learn. Read the map and you can always know which ship is desirable for a CV attack. Stay together so your AA overlaps and you are fine. Go alone and you get wrecked.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
6,026 posts
12,326 battles

What a bad poll. I'm not fine with the state of the CV at the moment, but I also don't want them to be removed.

How else should I feast of all those CV players tears who come to close to my AA-specced cruisers? :Smile_trollface:

[POI--]
Players
5,931 posts
7,236 battles
2 hours ago, Zlaraki said:

Take any ship with any meaningful AA and preferably the defAA consumable. Take AFT and BFT skills and use AA range modification. Ctrl + left click whenever you feel a plane is violating your personal space. As you are a BB main, I suggest this on USN BBs or German BBs, or you buy yourself a Kii, if you want it to be IJN. If you want those planes to die not just fast, but REALLY fast, you can also take Manual Control for AA guns, though it isn't really needed, and I promise you, you'll wish there were CVs in every match.

But if you can't be bothered, here, you can see what AA build results look like:

Spoiler