BlackLellan

How do I avoid this?

4 comments in this topic

[D__D]
Players
2 posts
638 battles

I have played some games in my first aircraft carrier (the Hosho) and gotten som experince that I used to upgrade the fighters. Even though I upraded my fighters this happened:

I started the game by getting all aircraft airborne and begun to advance. Then I spott the enemy aircarriers fighters (Langley) and I retreat. I hid over over two cruisers with my aircraft and the enemy attacks. I lose all my aircraft and the enemy loses ONE airplane. He then proceeds to camp over me and kills all my aircraft that I had left. 4 minutes in and I had lost all my planes.

How do I avoid this?

[-AP-]
Players
1,865 posts
4,627 battles

Im not a cv player myself, but the langleys squads are much stronger, while you get two squads, you need to make sure that both of your squads attack him together, at the same time.

Also, at the lower tiers, and even higher tiers to some extent, not all cruisers have good aa, so you need to know which ships you can rely on in terms of aa support.

EDIT: Apparently hosho doesnt get two fighter squads, but you will get that later in the line

Players
1,691 posts
16,743 battles

Hosho has only 1 fighter group.

If the two cruisers were St. Louis you were out of luck, they have exactly 0 AA. Use your superior speed to never get caught. Strike with both torpedo squadrons elsewhere so the Langley can't react while he is chasing your fighter.

From tier 6 the CV game changes drastically because of manual attacks and larger plane reserves. You'll get through the tier 4 and 5 quickly so don't worry too much about it.

Are you aware that the CV gameplay is about to be reworked completely?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,836 posts
3,634 battles
16 hours ago, BlackLellan said:

I have played some games in my first aircraft carrier (the Hosho) and gotten som experince that I used to upgrade the fighters. Even though I upraded my fighters this happened:

I started the game by getting all aircraft airborne and begun to advance. Then I spott the enemy aircarriers fighters (Langley) and I retreat. I hid over over two cruisers with my aircraft and the enemy attacks. I lose all my aircraft and the enemy loses ONE airplane. He then proceeds to camp over me and kills all my aircraft that I had left. 4 minutes in and I had lost all my planes.

How do I avoid this?

Not all cruisers are created equal when it comes to aa, especially at such low tier.

Suggest you find something like a Phoenix, Omaha, Murmansk, Bertin, or even a Yubari to park your planes over.

All the above mentioned ships have good aa, and are ships you can find either on your team or opposing you.

EDIT: Also, the König, New York, Iron Duke, and Texas work exceptionally well for this.