Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reaper_JackGBR

Ranked bugs - losing star for no reason.

29 comments in this topic

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles

So today I started at Rank 5 with zero stars. I currently have three stars after 1 loss and 5 wins. The last game displayed me getting a fourth star, but then as soon as I go back to queue I notice I only have three stars again. 

5b89699921297_WtfWG.thumb.jpg.9cfc4de71f67b1a8696074c55d66891d.jpg 

This doesn't add up. At all. Stars are hard enough to get right now, do we really need bugs taking them away again? 

• Cool 1

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Then you didn't start with rank 5 with zero stars.

Except I did. Do you think I'm trying to pull a fast one? Want evidence? Wows numbers doesn't update immediately. It would say Rank 6 if that's where i started. I can also submit every one of those battle reports and you can see the rank I was in each one if you really want to be pedantic. 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,606 posts
7,504 battles

Maybe only a display bug? Had that 2 times also, and havent played that much ranked (in all seasons that is). But after next game it was correct for me.

• Cool 1

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe only a display bug? Had that 2 times also, and havent played that much ranked (in all seasons that is). But after next game it was correct for me.

I just popped into a random to test that, no change so far. 

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,364 posts
8,034 battles
11 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Except I did. Do you think I'm trying to pull a fast one? Want evidence? Wows numbers doesn't update immediately. It would say Rank 6 if that's where i started. I can also submit every one of those battle reports and you can see the rank I was in each one if you really want to be pedantic. 

Just prove that you started today with Rank5 and zero stars.

You can't?!

Then you remember wrong about your starting rank today, thats all. You weren't the first player misreading something.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
20 ore fa, principat121 ha scritto:

You can't?!

Then you remember wrong about your starting rank today, thats all. You weren't the first player misreading something.

I literally said I can prove it. 

*edited*

1.thumb.jpg.5a2ac889f2c6c7997dbef9395003322a.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.8c81a5f5f7ccc64b10f31f543281e30d.jpg

5b897048e202c_WtfWG.thumb.jpg.40e29f07d67778c83c914122af727d80.jpg 

There, look at the timing of that battle, first game of the day, I was rank 5. If you insist I'm lying or too dumb to read. Jesus...

Edited by NickMustaine
Provocations
  • Cool 1

[N0RSE]
Players
1,747 posts
10 minutes ago, principat121 said:

You can't?!

ffs-gif-4.gif.a5f184139175e2d686e8cd355d763022.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles

Playing two random games reset my UI (missions were bugged too), then relogging fixed it AFTER doing that too. Still a wasted half hour of trying to fix a simple UI bug however. The first time I relogged immediately after did not fix the bug. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,364 posts
8,034 battles
7 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Playing two random games reset my UI (missions were bugged too),

So, you guessed that your UI was bugged?! Did you ever consider, that when you saw your Rank5 with zero stars, that this maybe was also a bug?

And yes, please provide all possible data you have. Sceenshots, replays, and so on. Thanks alot.

13 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

If you insist I'm lying or too dumb to read.

It is funny to see, that some kind of human characters always feel personally attacked if you doubt their stories or their beliefs.

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
20 ore fa, principat121 ha scritto:

So, you guessed that your UI was bugged?! Did you ever consider, that when you saw your Rank5 with zero stars, that this maybe was also a bug?

And yes, please provide all possible data you have. Sceenshots, replays, and so on. Thanks alot.

Well...*edited*. I provided my data, read it. 

Edited by NickMustaine
Provocations
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,364 posts
8,034 battles
20 ore fa, Reaper_JackGBR ha scritto:

*edited*

Quite contrary... I am a very thoroughly man. I am a man of science and it is part of my job to analyze data on a daily basis.

Your provided "data" show nothing to solve this. You need all data: coherently and without gaps. Single Screenshots may be an indicator but cannot solve the problem.

And please, take it like a civilized person and not personally, if I question you. Are you so thin skinned? Are you not able to stand criticism?

[N0RSE]
Players
1,747 posts

Well...*edited*I provided my data, read it. 

And for some reason, he thinks that he is worth spending time proving this and that to. Thinks he is a WG employee i guess. I have no issues providing evidence to WG, but this guy? No!

• Cool 1

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
2 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Quite contrary... I am a very thoroughly man. I am a man of science and it is part of my job to analyze data on a daily basis.

Your provided "data" show nothing to solve this. You need all data: coherently and without gaps. Single Screenshots may be an indicator but cannot solve the problem.

And please, take it like a civilized person and not personally, if I question you. Are you so thin skinned? Are you not able to stand criticism?

The data I gave was time stamped, and I left the name of the guy who killed me, and his ship, to show that the screenshots matched. It's simple math to work out the amount of stars from the evidence I provided. What you're doing is refuting data that is correct and trying to find holes in a situation where there are none for no better reason than because, as far as I can tell, you want to. So sorry, but no, I'm not sending you replays or anything completely inconsequential like that, and I would thoroughly recommend taking the entitled attitude elsewhere, you sound like either a neckbearded obese forum warrior or a child. 

In any case. @Crysantos @MrConway can you close this down please? Problem solved, and I don't feel like dealing with asinine people today. 

• Cool 2

[N0RSE]
Players
1,747 posts
8 minutes ago, principat121 said:

If you are a "man of science" how come you behave like a religious lunatic? You are getting proof (which i don't know why Jack even bothers providing you with) And you basically say its not enough data because you don't believe it. Sounds just like those religious people that show up at my door and try to "save me". 

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,873 posts
10,143 battles
6 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

If you are a "man of science" how come you behave like a religious lunatic? You are getting proof (which i don't know why Jack even bothers providing you with) And you basically say its not enough data because you don't believe it. Sounds just like the religious people that show up at my door and try to "save me". 

"My job is to analyse data on a daily basis" translated from internet expert to regular means "I browse wowsft.com and compare my waifus"

Trust me, I analyse data on a daily basis.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,827 battles

*sigh*

1 hour ago, principat121 said:

This is funny, because:

Right here you're basically asking him to provide data whilst also doubting the validity of data he could possibly provide on principle.

If you think his UI is bugged in the first place, what good would it do to give you any? You can just say "well, no guarantee that data is accurate" and what then? Ask for more data that could be inaccurate? Tell him he must be wrong because he can't possibly prove it to you after you moved the goalposts?

On the other hand:

If we just looked at this question, what difference would it make? UI bug is UI bug, whether it occured before or after makes precious little difference in determining whether it exists in the first place, which is all he can do as an end-user since he obviously doesn't have access to the data, coding and whatnot that would be necessary to isolate the actual causes.

Also, rather than just automatically assume that he must've remembered something wrong, you could just the same allow for the possibility that just because he can't methodically prove it (because as it happens most people don't meticulously screenshot and note every bit of progression just in the event of some UI bug might require them to provide aforementioned gathered documentation) it might still be a bug. By now I'm fairly certain everyone who played this game long enough to go through a couple patch cycles can readily attest that WoWs is indeed not a perfectly coded, bug and glitch free experience and that anyone who says otherwise must provide evidence for player peer-review.

And most of all, he doesn't need to prove it to you!

The people who would actually need the data to solve such an issue are WG and they do have access to account history to check. The only argument you could reasonably make here is that he should've just opened a ticket with support instead of going to the forum where other players can't actually solve the issue.

What other players on the forum can do however is validate his concerns if they also experienced the same or a similar enough problem and pool their informations for more accurate bug reports, or share work-arounds that provide a short term fix, so even then a thread like this isn't entirely wasted (even if it may not have been the explicit intent, that is exactly what happened here ...).

So with that said, you can climb down that high horse and stop demanding evidence. Whether you doubt the authenticity of his issue makes no difference because it's quite literally not your business to do anything about it, it's WG's. Hence if you think he just remembered something wrong, rather than continue to argue the point just be your own way with whatever opinion you formed already.

InB4DismissScrubCommentsBecauseCronyism

• Cool 3

[N0RSE]
Players
1,747 posts
55 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

"My job is to analyse data on a daily basis" translated from internet expert to regular means "I browse wowsft.com and compare my waifus"

Can we get some data confirming that? A replay or screenshots perhaps. kek :Smile_teethhappy:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,873 posts
10,143 battles
7 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Can we get some data confirming that? A replay or screenshots perhaps. kek :Smile_teethhappy:

image.thumb.png.a3dc184f1b5c11db7b8a4e6206d5b069.png

• Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,364 posts
8,034 battles
43 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

it's quite literally not your business to do anything about it, it's WG's

First, let me say, it is funny to see where now answers... "Oh no, he is asking your prescious clanmate out! Fast, talk him down!" Your arguments are biased and flawed because of that. SCRUB - what else to say. I did not expect less.

Second: Did I demand a prove for me? Show me where? No, I ask it in a general way. If you are unable to understand that in your childish clanrage and personal feuds, that is not my problem. From the information provided in the opening post no one can deduce what happened or not.

Third: If you do not what to be questioned in every possible way in such kind of a problem, than the TO had should have contacted the support of the game. But he didn't. He choose to go public. If you do not like the possible public answers, then do not be mad at the people answering. Be mad at you because you failed to do the right thing.

Fourth: This is a serious problem. So you need every possible data to find the cause of that problem! If you - again - fail to understand that and prefer to behave like a fractious person - ok, that is again not my problem. But it will not solve the problem and will not help finding the cause of this issue.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
989 posts
8,105 battles
14 minutes ago, principat121 said:

First, let me say, it is funny to see where now answers... "Oh no, he is asking your prescious clanmate out! Fast, talk him down!" Your arguments are biased and flawed because of that. SCRUB - what else to say. I did not expect less.

Second: Did I demand a prove for me? Show me where? No, I ask it in a general way. If you are unable to understand that in your childish clanrage and personal feuds, that is not my problem. From the information provided in the opening post no one can deduce what happened or not.

Third: If you do not what to be questioned in every possible way in such kind of a problem, than the TO had should have contacted the support of the game. But he didn't. He choose to go public. If you do not like the possible public answers, then do not be mad at the people answering. Be mad at you because you failed to do the right thing.

Fourth: This is a serious problem. So you need every possible data to find the cause of that problem! If you - again - fail to understand that and prefer to behave like a fractious person - ok, that is again not my problem. But it will not solve the problem and will not help finding the cause of this issue.

I asked neither of them to reply for me. I asked the mods to close the thread even. I'm not a Clan Leader, and if I was I wouldn't degrade myself or my clan mates by begging them to support my threads. Funny thing about SCRUB, we were almost all forumites before clans were a thing, maybe that's why we have a heavy forum presence? 

• Cool 2

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,570 battles

Well..*edited*. I provided my data, read it. 

Do you expect annything else from *certain* ppl on the forums :Smile_hiding:

But  annyhow that is an annoying bug 

• Cool 2

[N0RSE]
Players
1,747 posts
25 minutes ago, principat121 said:

"Oh no, he is asking your prescious clanmate out! Fast, talk him down!

See, now you are behaving like a child for even thinking like that.

26 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Your arguments are biased and flawed because of that. SCRUB - what else to say. I did not expect less.

You know most of the forumites are Scrubs right?  No one is defending anyone because of clans or whatever. 

29 minutes ago, principat121 said:

So you care to make it your problem, but when we actually respond back to you its not your problem anymore and call it clanrage? Maybe i was a bit childish in my post, but to be honest your posts lately deserve nothing better. Nothing factual, nothing constructive. Just "prove it". 

You always make it out so it seems like we are trying to spread misinformation, when all we do is bring up actual problems with the game. And almost without failure you answer with "prove it". Even after the information needed is already there, but its not satisfying your needs. 

As far as i know, its not your job to dictate if WG needs more data or not. If that is what you seek out to do, ask WG for a job!

Now, if WG asks for more data, i don't think any of us have any problems giving it to them. But i do however have a problem with giving it to you. 

And that is why, like i have told you before, i ignore you in my topics. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,827 battles
8 hours ago, principat121 said:

9 hours ago, Aotearas said:

InB4DismissScrubCommentsBecauseCronyism

Called it.

Second: Did I demand a prove for me? Show me where? No, I ask it in a general way.

Makes no difference. The ones he'd have to prove it to HAVE the necessary data anyway, he doesn't have to provide documentation because they can check it much easier on their end with a look at his account history, match logs, etc..

I already gave you my opinion on that matter. And you might want to recheck who you're talking to because from what you're writing the lines seem to be blurring, or is that maybe just a sweeping generalization against anyone with the Scrubs tag now?

Fourth: This is a serious problem.

And as it turned out, it actually isn't. It's a bug about the UI not correctly refreshing, which apprently will correct itself anyway after a couple more games.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this