You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Spellfire40

Wargamings obsesion with T10 events.....

28 comments in this topic

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,376 battles

Ranked T10 early and 2ed time in a Row. Clanbattles T10, Highest point rewards for go navy and if Testserver is any indication the upcoming British Destroyer arc plus arms raceand teh hunt for Legendary modules.

Once upon a time we had fun t5 battles before protected MM for T4 now t7 is around the fun Tir. Despite that again and again and again WG seems hellb end of stuffing everyoen into T10 gaemplay.

T10 games SUCK. One wrong move and you dead 10 times over. Oten resuling in all vs 1 or 2 dead ships for the wining since much more often than in lower tirs.

i have 219 ships in my port and im sick and tired to just play the selected few T10.......If your MM cant handle lower Tir arms rance AT LEAST make the rewards for events NOT depending on Tir.

• Cool 17
  • Boring 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,491 posts
6,782 battles

You can also play tier 9 ships in the arms race

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,422 battles

At the end of the day, you don't have to tilt at WG's windmills, unless you choose to do so. They pitch ranked and clan wars into T10, but then the rewards can be good for participating, but not overwhelmingly so. If missing out on those rewards doesn't bother you, then don;t p[lay them and stay sane ;)

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,376 battles
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

You can also play tier 9 ships in the arms race

yea and teh gameplay differs other than you shoot yoiurself in teh foot by selecting a in many cases less powerfull ship?

[DC_DK]
Players
2,705 posts
27,801 battles
25 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Ranked T10 early and 2ed time in a Row. Clanbattles T10, Highest point rewards for go navy and if Testserver is any indication the upcoming British Destroyer arc plus arms raceand teh hunt for Legendary modules.

Once upon a time we had fun t5 battles before protected MM for T4 now t7 is around the fun Tir. Despite that again and again and again WG seems hellb end of stuffing everyoen into T10 gaemplay.

T10 games SUCK. One wrong move and you dead 10 times over. Oten resuling in all vs 1 or 2 dead ships for the wining since much more often than in lower tirs.

i have 219 ships in my port and im sick and tired to just play the selected few T10.......If your MM cant handle lower Tir arms rance AT LEAST make the rewards for events NOT depending on Tir.

Agrees.... Have 257 ships in port and if I want to play to get the good stuff there is only 19 selectable ships to pick... Please do some stuff for all tiers above T-IV. I have 85 73 Premium ships more less idling in port....

• Cool 3

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,376 battles
12 minutes ago, philjd said:

At the end of the day, you don't have to tilt at WG's windmills, unless you choose to do so. They pitch ranked and clan wars into T10, but then the rewards can be good for participating, but not overwhelmingly so. If missing out on those rewards doesn't bother you, then don;t p[lay them and stay sane ;)

Well what concerns  me in go Navy and as i said if the Testserver is an indication the british arc does use teh Go Navy point stytem based on Tirs. Why if its about "fun" do i get X time more points when i play a T10 as if i play a T5? You allready have every event and Legendary grinds to force people into t10. Why even more push? And yes i wont play arms race because im burned out to the core by ranked and grinding my Yamato legendary mod on Top of tring out Haragumo after finishing the IJN new DD line.

Whats gets me angry is that push to whatever peps are ready or not force them into high tirs or get the feeling they miss out. WoWS isnt just a copple of T10 ships but if you look at the focus WG gives that tiny segment of the game you get the feeling they think otherwise.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles

Obsession or a cunning strategic master plan for more profits ?

( which I dont judge, they r a make money organization).

Playing t10 is costly so u buy premium account, prem ships, dubloons etc etc.

• Cool 6

[DC_DK]
Players
2,705 posts
27,801 battles
2 minutes ago, tank276 said:

That's leave only one question why invest in premium ships if they are more or less port queens??

• Cool 4

[DC_DK]
Players
2,705 posts
27,801 battles

Game becomes incredible boring playing the same ships again and again... They risk losing some of their core customers.. Boring equals stopping playing

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Players
1,581 posts
3,111 battles
32 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Pure and simple answer - money, hard cash.

Forcing players to rush to T10 to play top tier content, by buying premium time, FXP conversion, to find once they get there, that the only way to break even or make some credits and XP, is to have a premium account and premium consumables. And soon somebody will be able to download the game, not play a single battle but splash some cash on a premium T9 or T10 ship, to play top tier battles. God help us all.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles
17 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

That's leave only one question why invest in premium ships if they are more or less port queens??

To make up the credit losses you bleed from playing t10 I guess.

Maybe nowadays premium account is better than prem ships though.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
3,396 posts
8,787 battles

I'm guessing that WG feel that 'not enough' people are grinding to the top tiers; if so, I'm not that surprised - the vast majority of the historically interesting ships are no higher than T8, plus the gameplay at high tiers is very risk-averse (=boring), and rather constrained by radar these days.

As others have pointed out, high tier gameplay is one area where WG make their money; so, rather than fix the problems that make people want to avoid high tiers, they're apparently trying 'excessive encouragement' to get more people to play at those levels.

I'd love to see WG's numbers - I would think (as others have alluded to) that the current 'enthusiasm' for T10 (especially) would rather devalue a lot of premium ships, so making them less reliable profit generators...?

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
2,229 posts
10,582 battles
12 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As others have pointed out, high tier gameplay is one area where WG make their money; so, rather than fix the problems that make people want to avoid high tiers, they're apparently trying 'excessive encouragement' to get more people to play at those levels.

Not going to work, guys. Tiers VIII - X seem like a No Fun zone.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
46 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Well what concerns  me in go Navy and as i said if the Testserver is an indication the british arc does use teh Go Navy point stytem based on Tirs. Why if its about "fun" do i get X time more points when i play a T10 as if i play a T5?

You yourself said it - tX battles are more stressful, mistakes are punished more harshly, it's just harder to play (even if not harder to win since the enemy faces the same problems). What's so strange that an event gives proportionally more rewards?

Take Go Navy! The rewards scaled directly with tier. T5 was worth half the points of t10 - so playing a lot of t5 was enough to score big. T7 - the fun tier, as you say - was generating as much 70% of the points so, on average, 3 t7 matches gave you more points than two t10 - assuming being similarly successful.

Basically, as far as Go Navy! is concerned, you're complaining that people playing in more stressful, less fun environment were rewarded better than people chilling at the easier, more relaxed tiers. Can you imagine the amount of Kamikaze (R) sealclubbing going on if t5 victories and kills weren't weighted below t10 ones?

Now, all that said, Go Navy! had one strange aspect in the rewarding logic - and that aspect SHOULD change. Mainly - all the rewards were decided by the tier of your ship. It shouldn't be like this. The proper way to handle things should be:

- victory - this should be decided by the BATTLE tier, not SHIP tier - so if you are a t8 in t10 match, the victory should count as t10 one

- kills - these should be decided on case-by-case basis according to the tier of the ship sunk; whether you're in a Yamato or Kagero, sinking that pesky Musashi should give you t9 kill rewards

- special missions (get 4 spotting ribbons, score 50 ribbons of any kind) - these are the only ones that could be tied to ship tier (but personally I think even these should be dependent on the tier of battle instead)

Beta Tester
835 posts
13,200 battles
31 minutes ago, tank276 said:

To make up the credit losses you bleed from playing t10 I guess.

Whoever still bleeds credits from tier X is a corpse rotting in front of the PC and having someone press 'battle' for it...Camos/Signals/Premium acc make you gane credits simply firing at least once at the enemy, thats why the tier is not fun any more, because any monkey can play it and make credits simply by having a positive IQ value, which is not the case in most games it seems.

Players
1,078 posts
8,085 battles

I guess it's fair to note it's quite recently that people started to really loudly complain about T10. Flamu's video was about a month ago.

So WG haven't really had a place where to do any changes, assuming they're willing to. So let's see.

On a personal note I do agree. Planning to do Ranked maybe up to T12, that last big batch of signals. Otherwise it'll be the good times of mid-tier Random matches.

• Cool 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,376 battles
21 minutes ago, eliastion said:

You yourself said it - tX battles are more stressful, mistakes are punished more harshly, it's just harder to play (even if not harder to win since the enemy faces the same problems). What's so strange that an event gives proportionally more rewards?

That would be a reason if they didnt ALLREADY had things like ranked, Clanbattles and legendary module to push people into T10 without even needing every single event too rewarding t10 more on top with cream and a cherry.......

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
3 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

That would be a reason if they didnt ALLREADY had things like ranked Clanbattles and legendary module to push people into T10 without even needing every single event too rewarding t10 more on top with cream and a cherry.......

Event rewarding t10 more is only natural, as I explained.

Just stick to arguing against t10 Ranked and CBs, but I'm not sure you'll get all that much consistent traction, considering how strongly people normally b*tch about P2W whenever a Ranked season was at a tier that had premiums.

of course now we get Stalingrad, but that's at least not up for normal purchase :Smile_facepalm:

[-AP-]
Players
1,837 posts
4,576 battles

Agreed, also pretty dang sure that this obsession with t10 events isnt exactly helping the t8 matchmaking situation...

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles
1 hour ago, Azalgor said:

Whoever still bleeds credits from tier X is a corpse rotting in front of the PC and having someone press 'battle' for it...Camos/Signals/Premium acc make you gane credits simply firing at least once at the enemy, thats why the tier is not fun any more, because any monkey can play it and make credits simply by having a positive IQ value, which is not the case in most games it seems.

Thats not true, about the bleeding I mean.

Majority of players dont have premium account, there are many strictly free to play players, some are new and misuse and/or dont have enough of camos/economy flags.

If you use in battle all premium consumables and you have a mediocre result, you will be certainly be in the negativs on the credit sector.

Beta Tester
977 posts
10,321 battles

Play by your own rules. Don't be tempted by all the free goodies given away in the events and missions. Just play your premium ships with your 19 point captain at what ever tier you like. I much prefer the lower tiers, less radar, more forgiving and most importantly more fun.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,862 posts
8,898 battles
11 hours ago, tank276 said:

This is exactly why.

I am amazed people still need these things explaining to them.

• Cool 1