You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

Is there a mod, that auto-exits queue when CVs are in it?

42 comments in this topic

[HF_30]
Players
1,373 posts

If not, can it be done? so sick and tired of dealing with the game-breaking differences in skill levels of CVs. it's not just the 35%ers who freeXPed to their midways on my team, don't get me wrong, the other way round isn't more fun even the slightest bit. i'm pretty close to just exiting to port when i see CVs in the match at this point. a lot can happen, a fun match is not among that tho. so why waste my time? i can't even recall, when a CV match was actually enjoyable. well, maybe if you div up with one and encounter somebody of roughly equal skill level on the opposing side with his own div, but how often does that happen? nah, i've had it up to here... so, is there such a mod or can it even be done with the current restrictions on modding?

• Cool 12
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 6

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles

I want that too  - sick and tired of game been lost or win by one CV with 43% and other with 64% win ratio and 60k vs 150k av dam with cv he play 

• Cool 1

[ITA_C]
Players
307 posts
8,967 battles

Teams lose or win games cv have just an highter impact but not as much as you belive anyway i want a button too to avoid begin in game with moaning capitans who sail alone far from cover and then cry for help or the one who stop behind an island in the aa range of aa cruiser also the dd who goes to cap where those aa cruisers are, noone would reconize or remark those behaviour during game it's way easier to throw crap at cv for your loss . Its just a l2p issue 

Beta Tester
2,604 posts
2,809 battles

Why stop at carriers? Why not have a click-box that auto-exits the queue whenever there is a certain ship-of-choice on one of the teams, or when a certain map is chosen, or a certain game mode?

Heck, why not have an option that auto-exits the queue whenever a certain player is on the team lists? You could even link it to the chat blacklist, so that you'd never have to play together with any of those nitwits you've felt compelled to block out from the chat at one time or another.

We can't have opt-out functions such as these. They would drastically prolong the battle queues, not to mention that they would very likely mess up the match maker beyond anything that has happened to it so far. In order to keep a varied and dynamic game experience for everyone, we must accept that not all game elements are to everyone's liking. The game compensates for this by keeping battles short and queue times between battles even shorter. If you get a raw deal in one battle, chew through it and then play another one! :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Lel it's not automatic but your middle finger on Escape will have to do for now!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
835 posts
13,213 battles
3 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

so sick and tired of dealing with the game-breaking differences in skill levels of CVs

So having no CV games that end in less than 10 min with one team winning 12 to 0 or reaching 1000 points in 9 games out of 10 is totally fine?

Can i get the same 'exit' thing you are talking about when there are BOTS in Q or its easyer to just quit the game to make MY gaming experience smoother?

• Bad 1

Players
1,009 posts
6,188 battles
3 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

If not, can it be done? so sick and tired of dealing with the game-breaking differences in skill levels of CVs. it's not just the 35%ers who freeXPed to their midways on my team, don't get me wrong, the other way round isn't more fun even the slightest bit. i'm pretty close to just exiting to port when i see CVs in the match at this point. a lot can happen, a fun match is not among that tho. so why waste my time? i can't even recall, when a CV match was actually enjoyable. well, maybe if you div up with one and encounter somebody of roughly equal skill level on the opposing side with his own div, but how often does that happen? nah, i've had it up to here... so, is there such a mod or can it even be done with the current restrictions on modding?

statistics... you know that if you add all your games with a cv among the players, you will realize you won approximately half of them?

yeah, because statistics don't lie, the chance of you having a good cv player in your team are the same than you having a bad one in your team.

But because you're human, therefore subject to emotions, you mostly remember your defeats.

So think a little bit before asking that kind of things, obviously unrealizable for MM issues mentioned above.

Deal with it.

[N0RSE]
Players
1,735 posts
7 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

the chance of you having a good cv player in your team are the same than you having a bad one in your team.

You have clearly never seen my MM. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,009 posts
6,188 battles
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

You have clearly never seen my MM. 

:Smile_teethhappy:

You made me realize how my statement is wrong. I rephrase:

"There is an equal chance in both your team and enemy team to have a crap CV player."

Yeah because let's face it. It's generally more of who is the less worse than who is the best, when it comes to CV :Smile_hiding:

But that doesn't change what I said :Smile-_tongue:

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,149 battles

can i have an option to opt out of having people on my team that sail alone or waste their def aa too early then cry that they got dropped? this kind of thread is one of the many problems with peoples attitude towards cvs. 

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,216 posts
6,518 battles
4 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

can i have an option to opt out of having people on my team that sail alone or waste their def aa too early then cry that they got dropped? this kind of thread is one of the many problems with peoples attitude towards cvs. 

I think it's a matter of people's attitude. I generally make sure I have some AA equipment, some skills to boost AA, sail vaguely near friendly ships, pay attention to planes and manoeuvre to minimise drop damage.  I don't even really need the friendly CV that much because I can manage it on my own. The most common line up in my experience is potato CV vs Potato CV. If mine helps? Sure that's a bonus. But not really needed.

Compare that with people that seem to take no AA equipment/skills/consumables, sail off completely on their own, make moves that maximise the drop instead of minimise it and then SCREAM that the friendly CV should have been there to save them.

Not that it really matters of course, I fully expect the CV rework to be reduced down to them being alternative battleships that just pump out damage at long-range 

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,149 battles
21 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

I think it's a matter of people's attitude. I generally make sure I have some AA equipment, some skills to boost AA, sail vaguely near friendly ships, pay attention to planes and manoeuvre to minimise drop damage.  I don't even really need the friendly CV that much because I can manage it on my own. The most common line up in my experience is potato CV vs Potato CV. If mine helps? Sure that's a bonus. But not really needed.

Compare that with people that seem to take no AA equipment/skills/consumables, sail off completely on their own, make moves that maximise the drop instead of minimise it and then SCREAM that the friendly CV should have been there to save them.

Not that it really matters of course, I fully expect the CV rework to be reduced down to them being alternative battleships that just pump out damage at long-range 

the problem is people never take into account that sometimes both cvs are very good and still moan at their cv for not protecting them when they wonder off to narnia on their own. then call the friendly cv crap just because they died and suddenly become expert cv players when they have never even played a cv before. then they start to cry about cvs without even having an understanding of them.

• Cool 2

[N0RSE]
Players
1,735 posts
45 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

You made me realize how my statement is wrong. I rephrase:

"There is an equal chance in both your team and enemy team to have a crap CV player."

Yeah because let's face it. It's generally more of who is the less worse than who is the best, when it comes to CV :Smile_hiding:

But that doesn't change what I said :Smile-_tongue:

That is one of the most fundamental problems with CV's though. They are either so strong or so weak that games are being decided by just 2 ships when there are 10 more ships in the game. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,348 battles

Can I have a mode to exit the queue when a super unicum player is waiting for a game ? And a mode that shoots main guns automatically at closest enemy because now that I think about it, I don't like shooting, I will just steer the ship until I get bored from that and then I will come here to ask for a mode to do that as well ^^.

[-G0M-]
Players
79 posts
14,492 battles

It's been said already.  Just manually left-click on 'Leave Queue' if there are any carriers in the queue.  I've devised a mathematical formula to help.

CV>0=X1t

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,545 posts
16,696 battles
1 minute ago, mrblueskye said:

It's been said already.  Just manually left-click on 'Leave Queue' if there are any carriers in the queue.  I've devised a mathematical formula to help.

I would just like to note that this method may not work all that well.

You see, when I was at gamescom I had the opportunity to observe what my neighbouring screens were showing is in queue compared to mine.

At one instance in my queue were 1 CV, 1 BB, 3 cruisers and 2 DDs.

On my right it was no CVs, no BBs, 2 cruisers and 2 DDs.

On my left it was 2 CVs (one of them probably being me), 1 BB, 2 cruisers and 1 DD.

Generally speaking what was shown being in queue differed tremendously from screen to screen. Besides, chances are CVs will wait for over a minute to get into a match, unless you wish to wait at least two before queuing again you likely won't "outlast" him.

Might as well accept it and git gud.

[-G0M-]
Players
79 posts
14,492 battles
30 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I would just like to note that this method may not work all that well.

You see, when I was at gamescom I had the opportunity to observe what my neighbouring screens were showing is in queue compared to mine.

At one instance in my queue were 1 CV, 1 BB, 3 cruisers and 2 DDs.

On my right it was no CVs, no BBs, 2 cruisers and 2 DDs.

On my left it was 2 CVs (one of them probably being me), 1 BB, 2 cruisers and 1 DD.

Generally speaking what was shown being in queue differed tremendously from screen to screen. Besides, chances are CVs will wait for over a minute to get into a match, unless you wish to wait at least two before queuing again you likely won't "outlast" him.

Might as well accept it and git gud.

You're right, of course.  I was trying to be a little lighthearted.  Sometimes you go straight in and the dice have to fall where they may.  However,  I make no bones about the fact that I try this for T10 especially when I want to play any AP bomb susceptible cruiser as it just plain sucks to be one-shot regardless of how you spec your ship.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,545 posts
16,696 battles
1 minute ago, mrblueskye said:

AP bomb susceptible cruiser

Is supreme balans comrade! xaxaxaxaxa

Players
257 posts
3,072 battles

Cv players are in a difficult place and if WG don't do something soon all the loyal cv players will just quit this game. i actually know a guy that plays this game with 1 arm after losing 1 in a motorbike accident and the only class he can play is CV, both cruiser and dd's are too fast paced to be switching between mouse and keyboard and even bb's he tried and for the most part did ok only when having to torp dodge did it become a problem.

there hated by a large portion of the player base because there is a massive discrepancy in skill? not being funny a unicum bb player can have the same effect especially if they have mastered hitting cruisers/DD's sailing away at a angle.

cv's them self are massively unbalanced it is painfully clear to any1 with a brain that more squads = more diversity

1 fighter squad (US)  vs 3 fighter squads from japs is so easy to lock down the us cv from the start all you need to do is engage there fighters with 1 set of yours and strafe them

dont just take win rate into account the us win rate is gonna be lower on average these days as they lose the fighter war vs jap carriers most the time from tier 5 to tier 8

tier 8 cruisers and bb's especially the US bb's rip planes apart for fun you can get the aa rating of the NC to 100 easy yes some planes will get through but you will kill virtually all of them

CV's are already banned from clan wars, there are cries to ban them from ranked and now you want the option to even face them at all? what next ban them from randoms?

so taking everything into account overall OP

i am against your idea, however i am completely for a rework provided it can still be played 1 handed.

hate to see a friend that finds it hard enough to find games he can play and enjoy lose the ability to play a game he has been supporting for years.

CV Players are already getting shafted too much as it is.

[BGNAV]
Players
264 posts
3,348 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

Cv players are in a difficult place and if WG don't do something soon all the loyal cv players will just quit this game.

Are you kidding me ? There are few more CV loyal players than me and currently I love the game as it is. If it was up to me I would not change much maybe will just add British CV line and balance the premiums a bit.

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

Oh! I'd love to have such a mod as well! Heck I'd even pay for it. As long as it's legal of course.

[NWP]
Players
6,518 posts
7,482 battles
3 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Oh! I'd love to have such a mod as well! Heck I'd even pay for it. As long as it's legal of course.

Are you sick of those Air cancers? Or DDs torping your precious BB? BBs devastating your nice DD/Cruiser? Cruisers with Flamethrowers burning down everything in their path?

No need for that anymore, just buy Premium Matchmaking! Only 19,95 per month!

Oh god, lets not give WG ideas here :cap_old:

• Funny 1