Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Großer Kurfürst - Legendary Upgrade, Keep or Sell?

72 comments in this topic

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles

The stats on it are really crap, in fact half the 'legendary' upgrades are not worth their pixels on the wiki page!

I am in two-minds to sell it as I have no intention of using it in its current format, although I worry they may change the stats of it in the future and there by me selling it I maybe missing out?

What do you think I should do?

[GUNUP]
Players
22 posts
8,117 battles

As you say they may change it in the future, so i wouldnt sell it, but then thats me. Is the cash value really worth it?

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,934 posts
17,547 battles

Well, considering that vast majority of the sk. "Legendary Upgrades" seem to be pretty worthless. WG will have to improve them one way or another sometime in the future to make them worth it. So I'd say just keep it for the time being and see what happens, you lose nothing by keeping it in reserve.:cap_old:

• Cool 2

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
Just now, shinegrog said:

As you say they may change it in the future, so i wouldnt sell it, but then thats me. Is the cash value really worth it?

Not if they will upgrade it

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Well, considering that vast majority of the sk. "legendary Upgrades" seem to be pretty worthless. WG will have to improve them one way or another sometime in the future to make them worth it. So I'd say just keep it for the time being and see what happens, you lose nothing by keeping it in reserve.:cap_old:

I have an addiction to selling things in my inventory :$

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,934 posts
17,547 battles
18 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I have an addiction to selling things in my inventory :$

Yeah, I have quite a few newly somber, regretful friends with the same problem. :Smile_Default: But you can always get more credits by simply playing more, so you will not miss out on anything. BUT what happens when they finally fix those upgrades a few patches from now and it turns out to be quite useful?:Smile_amazed:

You see, it is OK to sell stuff at a slight loss for some petty cash, if you can easily re-purchase them back again any time you wish later on (and even then you'll be losing money because you will buy them back at a higher price you got when selling). This is not the case with these upgrades however, so some prudence is advisable.:cap_old:

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,362 posts
8,034 battles
21 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

Definitely stop asking stupid questions!

and by the way... selling a Legendary Upgrade?! :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles

Sell it only if the credit income from the transaction is ....legendary.

If not I would keep it inventoried if I were you

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,219 posts
6,520 battles

How is the GK one crap? Compared to main battery mod 3 that most people take, you get 15% faster reload instead of 12% (So your guns load even faster), you get -7% turret rotation compared to -13% (So you turn your turrets closer to their normal speed), and as an added bonus you get 15% faster loading secondaries.

The only downside is you lose 1.7km of range, which can be compensated for with the 100 sec spotter plane anyway.

So unless you have a tendency to play the GK at 20km away from anything, dropping to 19km range isn't exactly a big problem.

• Cool 10

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles

19km range on a tier 10 bs is pathetic and yes I do play at range in the beginning of a match.

I only use reload mods on the republique

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,219 posts
6,520 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

19km range on a tier 10 bs is pathetic and yes I do play at range in the beginning of a match.

I only use reload mods on the republique

So what mod do you use on the GK?

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
3 hours ago, principat121 said:

Definitely stop asking stupid questions!

and by the way... selling a Legendary Upgrade?! :Smile_facepalm:

If you have nothing useful to say then say nothing at all!

I cant take anymore mindless posts from half witted humans like yourself or waifu/pony lovers. Do me a favour and press [X], top right corner. There, there top right. Click [X]. Thanks :)

• Boring 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,362 posts
8,034 battles
7 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

If you have nothing useful to say then say nothing at all!

I did, as many other did too.

But you are too arrogant (or stupid?) to listen or do even consider what is said.

All your others threads confirm this.

edit:

looked at your stats... now I understand

please, keep entertaining us

• Cool 1

Players
1,662 posts
6,489 battles
3 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I did, as many other did too.

But you are too arrogant (or stupid?) to listen or do even consider what is said.

All your others threads confirm this.

This is a serious thread mate asking a serious question, keep on topic with constructive posts or dont bother. Its that simple really, I didnt come here to indulge your attitude problem.

• Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,807 posts
15,469 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

MA, DM1, Dispersion, Turning, CM, Range

Ouch...

You don't want to go Range for the sixth slot. You want to maximize your RoF. Also, staying at range will allow plunging fire to give you nasty surprises, as Yamato and Republique can citadel you at 20+ km. Your turtleback works best when closer to the enemy, so replacing Turning in slot 4 with Damage Control will give you extra strengths to cover the weakness.

GK suffers in the current spammy meta, but that's no reason to play it like a sniper.

I also wouldn't sell the Legendary Upgrade.  A 24s reload means you can do more than others, even if you use only your front guns.

• Cool 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,219 posts
6,520 battles
8 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

MA, DM1, Dispersion, Turning, CM, Range

Range isn't really suited to the GK due to its fairly derpy dispersion. It's a tanky BB that is better suited to engagements 10-18km. Any less than that and the fact it handles like a barn makes it clumsy trying to steer/avoid torps. Any more and hitting anything becomes more and more reliant on RNG.

Also sitting at the back means you lose out on using one of its strong points - the huge health pool, and the thick armour. This means the enemy shoot your allies first killing them off since they're much squishier with less health.

Net result is you end up alive, but losing all the time because your team have had to take the brunt of the firepower and they're not suited to it.

• Cool 6

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,924 battles
6 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

The stats on it are really crap, in fact half the 'legendary' upgrades are not worth their pixels on the wiki page!

I am in two-minds to sell it as I have no intention of using it in its current format, although I worry they may change the stats of it in the future and there by me selling it I maybe missing out?

You should not play tiers higher than 5 for some time, I thought we did agree on that - yet you keep banging those highest tiers ruining hundreds of games...

Why? :fish_palm:

argosax-20180831.thumb.png.f1ed92fcd760439aaf43c2e4587d5acf.png

• Cool 6

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,436 battles

For hitting stuff reliably in a BB you need to be circa 15km max, and German BB's are renowned for their shotgun accuracy, ie, none at long range, just RNG/fingers crossed. So the legendary looks like it shouldn't affect negatively anything  of importance for most games - yes that extra can be very handy against long range HE spamming cruisers on occasion, just not that often really. IMO.

As for selling it, please no, for the same reason that I do not understand players selling premium ships, you gain nothing that a few decent games in a any other ship will get you. But potentially lose out on an irreplaceable/PIA replacement item.

(as for playing rank 10 in the first place, I too would suggest that you drop down to middle tiers max until you get the hang of the game a bit more).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
700 posts
5,471 battles

How did you manage to get 37% winrate in GK with almost 200 battles?

Inb4 steve the e-100 driver gets inserted.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles

How desperate for Credits are you? :Smile_amazed:

It's an upgrade that might change and, more importantly, one that might end up not really being obtainable in the future. Even if the chances of a buff were slim - why would you want to sell something like that? :cap_hmm:

Credits are easy to farm in this game.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
16 hours ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

How did you manage to get 37% winrate in GK with almost 200 battles?

Inb4 steve the e-100 driver gets inserted.

range mod would be one indication as to why...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
3,688 posts
14,490 battles

I think you should try it out for 20 games or so1 to compare it to the regular mod, and demount it for a few doubloons afterwards, if you don't like the LM. I'm very slowly grinding this module too...

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this