Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sargento_YO

Fix the servers!!

10 comments in this topic

Players
1,289 posts
7,525 battles

Since three days ago I have been experiencing lags and disconnections on very specific times (near midnight and right now... 1:50 AM (+1 GMT) )

First experience some of lag and then I get disconnected, going to the login screen. This is extremely annoying, and even worse, when I try to login again it takes a hell lot of time (I get the loading screen for 30 seconds or so, only to find a "failure to connect to server, try it again later" and then wait another 30 seconds to reconnect (when usually it takes only 10 seconds to connect for first time).

So, imagine the worse case scenario: AN aircraft carrier player which suddently goes afk and when I reconect I find myself being sunk.

I know for sure isn't the fault of my internet connection (optic fiber, 300 mbps), I never have lag except on these times. And also sometimes I listen music throught youtube, or even I listen a video (As a podcast, or even I put something on my second screen if I'm playing scenarios). And I never get any kind of lag on those videos (hell, even when I get disconnected I run some speed tests online to find out if is my ISP´s fault or not) and guess what? Everytime my internet connection it's fine.

SO, WG... Fix your servers!! I Don't care why that happens, all what I care about it's that I lose credits, I lose flags, and makes my entire team lose and also I even got reports for that!! (And I don't blame the ones that reports the AFK carrier player).

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,767 battles

I'm getting very similar problems. Battle start counter goes down to zero, then just a spinning wheel of dissappointment, I can see ship icons moving on the map, but I need to restart client to get into battle.

Only been happening last few days.

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

Speed tests tell you exactly NOTHING of any use in diagnosing where issues are, doubly nothing when it comes to a connection to a service, same with watching a video.

I've had NO issues and I play at the same sort of times you do so the servers aren't broken.

• Cool 1

Players
1,289 posts
7,525 battles
28 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Speed tests tell you exactly NOTHING of any use in diagnosing where issues are, doubly nothing when it comes to a connection to a service, same with watching a video.

I've had NO issues and I play at the same sort of times you do so the servers aren't broken.

Right now I had another disconnection (2:48 am) and also I couldn't post this earlier (the message was erased due a server fault). However I opened a random 4K youtube video and also checked an Argentinean news site (just came to my mind) and also two board chans just to make sure there isn't any kind of proxy working which could give me a fake lecture (like the speed test sites). Everything went totally fine.
So, I ruled out it isn't the fault of my two computers (the same thing happened on both), neither my internet connection. It's WG´s fault and someone should fix the servers ASAP.

Players
1,289 posts
7,525 battles

Because when I mention these lags in the game chat at those times, people DO say that they re also getting lags and disconnections. And don't forget about all these threads about becoming pink for a disconnection (so far it didn't happened to me).

BUt I really wonder why nobody bothered in doing a thread about it. Allright, it happens for one and half hours each day, but still it's damn annoying.

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
2 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Right now I had another disconnection (2:48 am) and also I couldn't post this earlier (the message was erased due a server fault). However I opened a random 4K youtube video and also checked an Argentinean news site (just came to my mind) and also two board chans just to make sure there isn't any kind of proxy working which could give me a fake lecture (like the speed test sites). Everything went totally fine.
So, I ruled out it isn't the fault of my two computers (the same thing happened on both), neither my internet connection. It's WG´s fault and someone should fix the servers ASAP.

Why would you think connecting to Youtube and watching a video indicates that your ISP's routing to WG servers should be fine? Youtube is a Google service and they have very large presences everywhere with colossal network connections.

News services are cached and not response time dependent like games and I've no idea what a "board chan" is.

Your "testing" is utterly meaningless.

That doesn't mean that WG doesn't have a defect in one of its internet routing partners or a partner that does maintenance at a certain time, but you've exactly the square root of nothing in terms of evidence that WG servers are at fault. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,433 posts
9,234 battles

Its not like wer connecting directly to wg servers :) There are several hops to be considered and only traceroute proggy (or cmd line) will tell you where the problem is. U only need wg server ip/hostname and trace it from your end on.

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traceroute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hop_(networking)

Example (mind the three "msec" columns are for 3 packets sent).

traceroute.gif

* Request timeout might be just that the host does not provide an ICMP message because it is set like that (its timeout is accounted, hense compare it to the "ping -t" command).

* First lines that happen in your router might indicate problem in your home network

* Last line is the server you are pinging

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this