Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Doubloon Loss in Game

17 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
900 posts
14,545 battles

Just played a Random game in my Khaba, team won, I did 40k  damage , got 1200 XP checked my credits and XP and it had -16 Doubloons??, did not know they could take doubloons off you ??

Players
1,565 posts
10,242 battles

detailer report, economical one please. and SS of your consumables/camos equipped.

Ty,
Doctor Boris

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,594 posts
7,498 battles

Sounds like you have ESCL signal on auto-resuply for doubloons. not sure what else could be 16 :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
900 posts
14,545 battles

All sorted thanks guys, only just got the Khaba and forgot to go around unchecking the box's, my bad.

[TR]
Players
1,156 posts
34,485 battles

WG steels doubloons from you through enabling the resupply button for flags by default without you noticing it. It happened to me as well and I was really pissed off.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles
3 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

WG steels doubloons from you through enabling the resupply button for flags by default without you noticing it. It happened to me as well and I was really pissed off.

If you do not look at your screen, stuff like that happens.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
35 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Sure, being cautious can help you avoid such situations - doesn't change the fact that an option that auto-drains your real money (in the form of doubolons that can sometimes be achieved as special rewards but normally aren't earned in-game) should NEVER be the default. And yet when you enable auto-resupply on signals, the option that resupplies for doubloons also makes an appearance. This is NOT ok - and I say it from the position of someone who never got "caught" with this.

Spending doubloons should ALWAYS be an active decision (enabling this very option) rather than a passive one (failing to disable it).

Btw...

@MrConway, what's the WG's statement on the fact that options to drain your doubloons get enabled automatically along with auto-resupply? I'm pretty sure it's not really what WG wants - people spending doubloons might mean money, but people who lose these accidentally and feel tricked into spending them don't sound like someone who's going to happily spend much money in the future... I'm pretty sure this doesn't really calculate well for WG long-term.

• Cool 6

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,792 posts
8,987 battles
15 minutes ago, eliastion said:

And yet when you enable auto-resupply on signals, the option that resupplies for doubloons also makes an appearance.

If you choose to auto-resupply something only purchasable using doubloons, that's pretty self-apparent. Wouldn't you say?

[TR]
Players
1,156 posts
34,485 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The resupply notification says "Use in-game currency" which makes me wonder why WG didn't say "Use Doubloons" instead?! Also "In-game Currency" might be interpreted to the silver coins.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
25 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

If you choose to auto-resupply something only purchasable using doubloons, that's pretty self-apparent. Wouldn't you say?

I wouldn't. Usually you have a stock of things to use - the default behavior should be to resupply from that stock only and then stop. Automatically buying stuff that you've run out of of course convenient - but that option should require player to manually enable it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,792 posts
8,987 battles
13 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

The resupply notification says "Use in-game currency" which makes me wonder why WG didn't say "Use Doubloons" instead?! Also "In-game Currency" might be interpreted to the silver coins.

It's the same text as the option for consumables. I don't know if they ever plan on using something other than doubloons to buy signals in-game, but it makes sense to have that option open for the future.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,251 posts
31,449 battles
6 hours ago, eliastion said:

I wouldn't. Usually you have a stock of things to use - the default behavior should be to resupply from that stock only and then stop. Automatically buying stuff that you've run out of of course convenient - but that option should require player to manually enable it.

Agree, at least they have changed the default on Premium consumables to silver first, so they can bow to pressure. 

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles
8 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

Yes, and some people might think the stuff is resuplied anytime you spend in game currency (or in your example, use Doubloons) for some other stuff. But that is not WG fault. Some people are just "special".

[UNICS]
Players
1,277 posts
17,595 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, and some people might think the stuff is resuplied anytime you spend in game currency (or in your example, use Doubloons) for some other stuff. But that is not WG fault. Some people are just "special".

So you have 5 Kraken flags right, you need 50+ xp to make the grind faster , u play 5 games in 2 weeks on that ship , you forget that you mounted the flag 2 weeks earlier.. next thing u see -8 doubloons. 

Or do you like to untick the resupply automatically, and have re-pick the signals you want every dam time ?  unless you have enough of them that is.

If you like to repick the signals every time , then i think you are special.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
19,989 posts
12,420 battles

You activate resupply and deactivate buying them with ingame currency....

If you do not have a supply of them, do not buy them with Doubloons. They are just too expensive that way.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,734 posts
2,790 battles
12 hours ago, eliastion said:

Sure, being cautious can help you avoid such situations - doesn't change the fact that an option that auto-drains your real money (in the form of doubolons that can sometimes be achieved as special rewards but normally aren't earned in-game) should NEVER be the default. And yet when you enable auto-resupply on signals, the option that resupplies for doubloons also makes an appearance. This is NOT ok - and I say it from the position of someone who never got "caught" with this.

Spending doubloons should ALWAYS be an active decision (enabling this very option) rather than a passive one (failing to disable it).

Btw...

@MrConway, what's the WG's statement on the fact that options to drain your doubloons get enabled automatically along with auto-resupply? I'm pretty sure it's not really what WG wants - people spending doubloons might mean money, but people who lose these accidentally and feel tricked into spending them don't sound like someone who's going to happily spend much money in the future... I'm pretty sure this doesn't really calculate well for WG long-term.

I'll pass on the feedback - it is certainly not our intention to make anyone spend doubloons unintentionally.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I'll pass on the feedback - it is certainly not our intention to make anyone spend doubloons unintentionally.

The recent change to the default currency for premium consumables was very welcome, if this option for flags was defaulted to OFF with a warning if you turn it on then I'm sure it would be a popular move.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this