Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_hFp3jny2y541

AI changes in coop?

63 comments in this topic

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

They seem to have borrowed a little "logic" upgrade from the Bot AI used in Operations but it's still nicely comfortable playing against them after a few games.

EDIT - Played a lot more games now and I'm hugely disappointed by the with the new garbage "chicken" upgrade top the AI which now runs away - Thats Not What Co-Op Is For WG - I don''t play Co-Op to waste 10 minutes chasing a Bot across the map, I play BECAUSE the bots were aggressive, they charged at you and their aggression made the mode fun and exciting - Now it's a bull :etc_swear: mode with bots pretending to be PvP players by running away and hiding and I'll be honest, I'm having very little enjoyment playing the game now because of this.

In fact, if this new AI stays, I really can't see myself playing the game in another month or two due to the removal of what I found fun in the game, I just really don't know.

[PUPSI]
Players
8 posts

coop is so annoying now, with those passive bots running away like chicken...

botscrap.jpg.083e7a6ca79e3800e721d6638c735cb3.jpg

this Tirpitz turned and kept running away...

in the past the low earnings in coop were compensated a little bit by the average short duration of the matches.  Now Coop are much longer due to the coward bots...

On the other hand their ability to dodge torps is now often ridiculous...

In the end those changes to the bad are very very bad and weren't needed at all...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,549 posts
14,900 battles

I want an experiment from WG,

put a single bot in a ship at tier 5,

a cruiser or a BB,

let it play 1000 games..

and give us the stats for that bot.

I put my money for that bot will have better stats than %50 of the general population.

Bots are better..

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,908 battles
3 hours ago, Excavatus said:

a cruiser or a BB,

let it play 1000 games..

I put my money for that bot will have better stats than %50 of the general population.

Bots are better..

Pure genius. This would show how bad the players really are. :Smile_trollface:

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
3 hours ago, Excavatus said:

a cruiser or a BB,

let it play 1000 games..

Bots are better..

My guess would around a 43% WR, 20k damage (cruiser) or 33k (BB) and around 750 avg XP - putting it roughly better than 33% of the players at T5.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,549 posts
14,900 battles
1 minute ago, IanH755 said:

My guess would around a 43% WR, 20k damage (cruiser) or 33k (BB) and around 750 avg XP - putting it roughly better than 33% of the players at T5.

I say, If they put one of those High AI bots from the operations, not from Co-op

It would get at least %50 WR..

Playerbase is dumb enough for that.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Standard coop waifubot from this patch would go over 50% wr easily, fight me.

DMG farming is a bit more tricky now if you're a dd main, because it's just harder to get into sure-hit range and angle, imo the only thing that needs fixing is stationary carriers. 10/10 and "would marry" seal of approval.

[ALONE]
Players
1,418 posts
11,700 battles

I recently played several T5-T10 co-op games, and the worst problem are bots vs bots encounters. Especially when high tier CV bot doesn't have human opponent, it gets really random, because "our" bot CV doesn't think much and doesn't defend anybody. This is OK in T5, but not in T10.

In T5 on the other hand, bot vs bot problem is that sometimes 1 bot DD can murder 2 our bot cruisers. I once had a 8 (3 homo + 5 bots) vs 8 game when we (i.e. our bots) lost 4 ships and killed zero, and we had some AFK worse-than-bot idiotic coop-only account in a BB. So me, one human DD and one bot DD were fighting vs 8 bots (2 BB, 3 cruisers and 3 DD). It looked totally hopeless, I had to really stretch to carry this and won this (with 7 kills) only thanks to the bot DD which was capping enemy base and occupied 3 enemy ships long enough. He finished second in the score, killing the 8th ship...

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,898 battles

Turns out the plebs are heavily outskilled by the bots now (enemy CV survived with 5k hp cause no floodings, but I managed to enter their cap in time)

shot-18.08.31_23.02.46-0481.jpg

shot-18.08.31_23.02.49-0815.jpg

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,908 battles

I must say that after playing some coop today the bots I noticed that the bots were playing better than some players.

Hell, they were smarter than some players when it came to fire management and torpedo evasion. Yeah, torpedoes are almost useless against them, even more than before.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,898 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

torpedo evasion

Eeeyup, my first TB attacks were pretty useless and I had to actually wake up in order to hit stuff.

• Funny 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles
7 hours ago, aboomination said:

Turns out the plebs are heavily outskilled by the bots now (enemy CV survived with 5k hp cause no floodings, but I managed to enter their cap in time)

That feeling when the rest of the humans on the winning side had lower XP (before winning bonus added) than most of the losing bots! :Smile_facepalm:

I mean, seriously, Co-Op isn't "hard", not even a bit, but it still seems like the very basics of the game (move & shoot) seem to be skills that far too many players just can't master and if these players try PvP, well that situation should be a worry for WG because "good" players who keep getting let down by the seemingly increasing number of "poor" players will eventually leave the game, sick and tired of being unable to carry a team of worse potatoes.

Players
1,075 posts
15,102 battles

Yes. Every game today has been dumb bot, but at least CVs are active again.

I'm not sure how I feel about all this. On the one hand I was enjoying the challenge at mid-tiers, but at low tiers it just wasn't appropriate. Maybe there can be two difficulty modes in future?

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles

This is a game I just had, certainly the torps are close range ones, but the AI is only a tad more annoying than before?

shot-18.09.02_00.32.48-0537.jpg

shot-18.09.02_00.35.59-0774.jpg

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

I liked those changes. With some tweaks (moving carriers and less cowardly bbs) it would be a better challange than pvp. #MakeWaifubotsSmartAgain!

I also liked the part where I didn't have to pay for ammo. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edit: checked NA forum, THE WHINE IS REAL, they want waifubots to stay dumb, GIT GUD MURICANS.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,156 battles
1 hour ago, orzel286 said:

I liked those changes. With some tweaks (moving carriers and less cowardly bbs) it would be a better challange than pvp. #MakeWaifubotsSmartAgain!

I also liked the part where I didn't have to pay for ammo. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edit: checked NA forum, THE WHINE IS REAL, they want waifubots to stay dumb, GIT GUD MURICANS.

They certainly re-tweaked something, I was able to replicate those results without issues...

Why can we not have an easy AND hard mode for coop, easy mode pay all the bills and have the "dumb" bots, hard mode reduced expenses/increased earnings and "hard" bot AI.

It will never happen, but one can dream...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
65 posts
2,970 battles
40 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

Oh for the love of... Really? They want to dumb down the bots? :Smile_facepalm:

When Co-op has finally become interesting? *Sigh*

• Funny 1

[WTFNO]
Players
752 posts
13,400 battles
23 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Why can we not have an easy AND hard mode for coop, easy mode pay all the bills and have the "dumb" bots, hard mode reduced expenses/increased earnings and "hard" bot AI.

It will never happen, but one can dream...

Indeed. Same for Ops.

It's painful to see WG hopelessly try to balance the same thing for a very broad range of skill/expectations.

One size for all doesn't always work.

Players
36 posts

Some final thoughts on new AI - it feels much better BUT :cap_horn::

bots dodge shots like torps now - it is taking longer to finish a match, i ve witnesses DD/CL/CA bots micro-adjust to fit between shells at ~5-7km a few times already;

fleeing bots - make former yolo fun ships like Gnesenau, and such, a bore, that burns slowly trying to catch up to retreating bots that dodge torps perfectly - takes longer to finish the match;

new torp dodging makes it a pointless task for a CV to drop a DD and even CL/CA that almost always have DFAA ready - makes match longer;

bots waiting for that 2nd fire to damage control - that includes 2nd DB squad as they will never dcon until 2nd DB is done - makes match last longer;

new capping DD script and great smokes - makes match last much longer;

etc etc - you see where it's all going :cap_tea: - now me personally, i enjoy longer matches where you have to coordinate with rest of team :cap_like:, i enjoy new AI way more than a bunch of kamikaze zombie bots rushing into torps and citadelles to be done in 5 min flat (some matches were just silly with average+ team/(pointless to a BB/cv) when it's 3-4 minutes and bots already have negative points, it's over), but there are plenty of people that always want to get stuff done faster - for some of them it would probably be even ideal to replace coop button with "press to get some XP now" button, so they could rush to T10 and ??uninstall??whoknows?:Smile_teethhappy:

Regardless to which camp one belongs, same issue remains - matches take twice or three times as long, with XP/cash rewards remaining the same

If you are trying to pigeonhole coop people into randoms in this way - the result will be a lot of unhappy people who will not necessarily switch to a mode they chose, for various reasons, to ignore

I can see myself sticking to coop regardless of rewards but i am not in any hurry as opposed to many many people playing this mode:Smile_popcorn:

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,741 posts
24,908 battles
6 hours ago, Juanx said:

I think this would be a great idea. Hell, give hard mode more AI opponents or just increase team size.

Sign in to follow this