You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

CLAN battles Season 2 and 3 compare

36 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,854 posts
17,260 battles

Clan season 3 75,828 participants 2045 got Stalingrad flag that's 2.7%

Clan season 2 80,024 participants  5190 got the Stalingrad flag that's 6.5%

we had more clans almost the same number of players but 25% less games played than season 2..

The A and B teams was a good idea but i think it needs some rework before next season it seems to have affected the number of games people played

The stats for players Completing Storm are very similar but Typhoon is a lot less

Season 2

Spoiler

2.thumb.jpg.431200030961124424c9d40ba92a7b7c.jpg

Season 3

Spoiler

3.thumb.png.13ec911d8f7aca974d550f2c48428c3a.png

• Cool 5

[TTT]
Players
4,599 posts
8,081 battles

I mean, WG say in their article about Season 3:

During the course of this season, we noted players' comments that progressing through leagues has become more difficult. We can assure you that are going to analyze the data from the season and review the influence and effects of having two teams playing from each clan. We'll share the results of this review closer to the fourth season, but in the meantime, thank you for your feedback! We'll do our best to make Clan Battles even better in the upcoming season.

so... yeah, I think they are aware of it^^

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,772 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

so... yeah, I think they are aware of it^^

Doesn't mean *edit all coming from WG though.

They were also aware of a great many other things over the years and things still didn't got changed/fixed and others are just about to be realized soon™ despite having been bleedingly obvious for long times.

I mean how long did it take them to analyze their precious data to finally get the hint that the Belfast is just a wee bit overpowered despite the fact that basically everyone with half a brain could look at the stats sheet of the ship and go "what?".

Or the ever funny "Year of the CV".

Or the BB meta in the MM.

Or the tier VIII MM that's inexplicably worse on EU than on any other server.

Yeah, I'm not going to give WG any credit until I see they're doing something and that whatever it is they're doing ain't *edit.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles

Let me just comment on the following quote from the news article:

During the course of this season, we noted players' comments that progressing through leagues has become more difficult. We can assure you that we are going to analyze the data from the season and review the influence and effects of having two teams playing from each clan. We'll share the results of this review closer to the fourth season, but in the meantime, thank you for your feedback! We'll do our best to make Clan Battles even better in the upcoming season.

They will look at it, then they will change the MM so that it will screw people over even more than it did, and declare that they are happy with the change.

To me this season of CBs felt more and more like ranked, and ranked isn't really fun for average joes.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,599 posts
8,081 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Let me just comment on the following quote from the news article:

They will look at it, then they will change the MM so that it will screw people over even more than it did, and declare that they are happy with the change.

To me this season of CBs felt more and more like ranked, and ranked isn't really fun for average joes.

will they now? Did you glean that profound and sure knowledge out of a crystal ball, or a Tarot deck? :Smile_facepalm:

[POI--]
Players
5,894 posts
7,229 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Doesn't mean *edit all coming from WG though.

They were also aware of a great many other things over the years and things still didn't got changed/fixed and others are just about to be realized soon™ despite having been bleedingly obvious for long times.

I mean how long did it take them to analyze their precious data to finally get the hint that the Belfast is just a wee bit overpowered despite the fact that basically everyone with half a brain could look at the stats sheet of the ship and go "what?".

Or the ever funny "Year of the CV".

Or the BB meta in the MM.

Or the tier VIII MM that's inexplicably worse on EU than on any other server.

Yeah, I'm not going to give WG any credit until I see they're doing something and that whatever it is they're doing ain't *edit.

Pretty much. WG has said so much over the years and left so many things unaddressed even to this day, that I don't give them much credibility. Even if they don't immediatly lose customers with their behaviour, they sure lose their faith.

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

will they now? Did you glean that profound and sure knowledge out of a crystal ball, or a Tarot deck? :Smile_facepalm:

No, I've got it from the fact that in the last few months WG really "improved" the game with things like the Worcester, Stalingrad, Harugumo, and the aforementioned 3rd CB season MM. Hell, even the monthly missions had their rewards nerfed and then nerfed again.

Last year I was happy with the anniversary event, because it was a good year. This year I wonder how they will screw the players over again and whether there will be a point in playing CBs next season. 

8 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Pretty much. WG has said so much over the years and left so many things unaddressed even to this day, that I don't give them much credibility. Even if they don't immediatly lose customers with their behaviour, they sure lose their faith.

"They need to work on their communication." :Smile_trollface:

[POI--]
Players
5,894 posts
7,229 battles
Just now, Aragathor said:

"They need to work on their communication." :Smile_trollface:

I mean, I don't really pin it on the communication guys. They're just the messengers. But that doesn't mean I have to believe them.

[HOO]
Players
1,589 posts
3,113 battles

But comrades, all be fixed when global clan battles starts. And don't worry about Stalingrads, we look at numbers on daily basis. In mean time enjoy opportunities we give you to spend hard currency on useless containers in 3rd Anniversary Event. Please buy many. we need lots of vodka for end of year party in developer offices. And don't worry, you think things bad now, wait til CV rework comes out, all new premium T9 and T10 boats are in shop to buy, and glorious Mother Russia Battleships arrive.:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
10 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I mean, I don't really pin it on the communication guys. They're just the messengers. But that doesn't mean I have to believe them.

Yeah, they have a thankless job. But sometimes they write something and you only can shake your head in disbelief. And when the changes do come they don't improve anything.

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,470 posts
4,557 battles

Don't forget it was a very hot summer!

In my clan many player where on vacation or played only a few times, also we didn't always play the entire cw time a day because some where tired of the heat.

Its not funny to play a computer game when you have temperatures of aout 30 degrees around you.....

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,786 battles

It wasn't the addition of the A and B teams so much as the overall MM changes, this made it far harder for many clans to even get into and stay in Typhoon.

• Cool 1

Players
1,565 posts
10,241 battles

Whats there to compare?

20 hurricane clans farming storm/typhon ones with bravo raiting?

Wow, awesome comparsion.

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,429 posts
10,178 battles
3 hours ago, RobS80 said:

It wasn't the addition of the A and B teams so much as the overall MM changes, this made it far harder for many clans to even get into and stay in Typhoon.

Simply interested here: how did those changes challenge your ability to reach Hurricane? What have they actually, and verifiably, changed in comparison to season 2?

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
19 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

Simply interested here: how did those changes challenge your ability to reach Hurricane? What have they actually, and verifiably, changed in comparison to season 2?

Let me quote the article here (https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/clan-vs-clan-season-3/):

Balance Improvements

Last season, we noticed a lot of comments saying that the matchmaking had degraded. We did some research and improved the logic of the system. In the new season, it will take a little longer to find an opponent than in the previous season, but this will allow for finding teams that are more evenly matched by rating than before.

This change was meant to improve the MM, however it led to something really bad, stagnation. My clan has seen the same few clans over and over again. Instead of progressing we just traded points between each other, which meant we couldn't move up. Even with a positive WR my clan was stuck in Storm during the majority of the season, and we played every day (with a few exceptions). And it's not like my clan had new people in the CB roster, quite the contrary, we went into the third season well prepared.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,669 posts
11,156 battles

Hi all,

17 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Clan season 3 75,828 participants 2045 got Stalingrad flag that's 2.7%

Clan season 2 80,024 participants  5190 got the Stalingrad flag that's 6.5%

we had more clans almost the same number of players but 25% less games played than season 2..

The A and B teams was a good idea but i think it needs some rework before next season it seems to have affected the number of games people played

The stats for players Completing Storm are very similar but Typhoon is a lot less

Season 2

Hide contents

2.thumb.jpg.431200030961124424c9d40ba92a7b7c.jpg

Season 3

Hide contents

3.thumb.png.13ec911d8f7aca974d550f2c48428c3a.png

Thanks!

BTW, the main problems were:

• ClanWar directly after Ranked (and we have the exact same thing now - IMHO this is very very very bad)
  • ClanWar during summer

Our clan played 1 (one) battle in total... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
148 posts
20,063 battles

What if they realized it was too easy to get into hurricane league and they fixed it?

We didn't reach hurricane this season but i can't see the problem to accept that some rewards should be given only to best players of server.

Making rewards too easy to obtain might be even worse.

Imagine if all the season were even easier and half of ships in t10 would be Stalingrad.

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
23 minutes ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

What if they realized it was too easy to get into hurricane league and they fixed it?

We didn't reach hurricane this season but i can't see the problem to accept that some rewards should be given only to best players of server.

Making rewards too easy to obtain might be even worse.

Imagine if all the season were even easier and half of ships in t10 would be Stalingrad.

This makes no sense whatsoever. The reward "endgame" for CBs is reaching Typhoon and getting 30 wins (7+8+15), this gets you the final reward. Hurricane was 10x100 steel and a crate, nothing compared to Typhoon.

Making the season harder will have an adverse effect on participation numbers. A game mode where only sweaty unicum clans can succeed would become a cesspool. Season 3 had 93 clans in the top 4 leagues out of 1376 clans participating. This is not healthy. Nor is the fact that 15473 clans have not participated at all.

If the rewards are too hard to get people will stop playing. This is an entertainment product, not a job, it should be fun even if you play a competitive mode.

And I have no problem with half of the ships in T10 being Stalingrads, because then WG would be forced to balance that POS. I also don't care about the "value" of reward ships, purple clan tags, and other signs of elitism. This is a game, nothing more.

Supertester
2,429 posts
10,178 battles
24 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

This makes no sense whatsoever. The reward "endgame" for CBs is reaching Typhoon and getting 30 wins (7+8+15), this gets you the final reward. Hurricane was 10x100 steel and a crate, nothing compared to Typhoon.

Making the season harder will have an adverse effect on participation numbers. A game mode where only sweaty unicum clans can succeed would become a cesspool. Season 3 had 93 clans in the top 4 leagues out of 1376 clans participating. This is not healthy. Nor is the fact that 15473 clans have not participated at all.

If the rewards are too hard to get people will stop playing. This is an entertainment product, not a job, it should be fun even if you play a competitive mode.

And I have no problem with half of the ships in T10 being Stalingrads, because then WG would be forced to balance that POS. I also don't care about the "value" of reward ships, purple clan tags, and other signs of elitism. This is a game, nothing more.

The impact of Stalingrad is way overstated. The ship isnt nearly as good as people make it out to be. It's just played a bit more since it's new, and people attritbute it's performance to the ship itself, rather than it's actual cause: the way above average level of it's players. If you would suddenly make Des Moines available only to Hurricane clans, the impact would be quite similar. Simply put: Stalingrad suddenly makes the skill of top players much more obvious to the average player.

Stalingrad has an average winrate of 67% right now on the EU server. When you look at the top clans, they usually have an average winrate of between 62% and 69%. Now add to that that the weaker players of those clans are more likely to have no Stalingrad because of less playing time during the season, and 67% suddenly becomes pretty average and to be expected.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
3 minutes ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

The impact of Stalingrad is way overstated. The ship isnt nearly as good as people make it out to be. It's just played a bit more since it's new, and people attritbute it's performance to the ship itself, rather than it's actual cause: the way above average level of it's players. If you would suddenly make Des Moines available only to Hurricane clans, the impact would be quite similar. 

Stalingrad has an average winrate of 67% right now on the EU server. When you look at the top clans, they usually have an average winrate of between 62% and 69%. Now add to that that the weaker players of those clans are more likely to have no Stalingrad because of less playing time during the season, and 67% suddenly becomes pretty average and to be expected.

I agree with you. Stalingrad right now is a oni ni kanabo situation, as only good competitive players own the ship, making its impact on T10 MM and ranked greater than it should be.  But that's another topic.

Supertester
2,429 posts
10,178 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

I agree with you. Stalingrad right now is a oni ni kanabo situation, as only good competitive players own the ship, making its impact on T10 MM and ranked greater than it should be.  But that's another topic.

I'm actually pretty certain that, if this ship was given out to the general population, it's average stats would become worse than Moskvas over time. It's less accurate, it's easier to hit with HE and it's concealment is way worse, making the ship harder to manage.

[BYOB]
Players
3,799 posts
15,391 battles
1 minute ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

I'm actually pretty certain that, if this ship was given out to the general population, it's average stats would become worse than Moskvas over time. It's less accurate, it's easier to hit with HE and it's concealment is way worse, making the ship harder to manage.

That's an assumption which will never be tested. Which is a pity, as it would lead to a much more balanced ship.

Right now my clanmates are seeing a lot of Stalingrads in ranked, to the point that they are seeing games with 4-6 Stalingrads in them.

Beta Tester
2,887 posts
10,763 battles

To me it is clear that Season 3 was way worse than Season 2.

Can't tell if it was the A/B rating or if they changed the point system, but I hope they fix it.