Update 0.7.9 PTS - General Feedback

33 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,729 posts
2,775 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback about the new features in update 0.7.9 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please head to the dedicated thread.

[STAFU]
Players
47 posts

You need to remove the mini-map aim point indicator that you added. It makes it far to easy to target ships via the mini map. BBs are easy in a storm as they are so big.

• Cool 7

Players
115 posts
25,528 battles

In my opinion, almost 5.5GByte of downloads, for a single update are too many. Not everyone has access to high speed internet. ;)

Also if we want to be picky, the fact that "Game Center" during the download of the update of the game Public Test also blocks the game on local servers, is incomprehensible and annoying.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Weekend Tester
397 posts
5,829 battles
4 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Server's down @MrConway

Yup got kicked as soon as my second battle ended, annoying as wanted to see results/missions done etc lol

[OLEUM]
Players
3 posts
4,278 battles
2 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Now getting an error saying the game is an older version than the server, even though the launcher thinks it's up to date.

@MrConway

same here

[SWEOV]
Players
20 posts
6,547 battles
On 2018-08-30 at 12:56 PM, MrConway said:

Please leave any feedback on the Thunderstorm Front in Random Battles in this thread.

fine

[UNICS]
Players
3,683 posts
14,473 battles

I'm fine with downloading huge updates to try PTS and maybe even contribute a tiny bit with playtesting.

I might be doing something wrong, but the grind to get to higher tier ships is off-putting. It's not the XP needed that is a hassle, but the whole process of upgrading ships, modules, changing captains, camos, etc for each ships that's too time consuming. Why not either give us the upgraded ships with premium consumables equipped and modules, or just open up the tech-tree?

Maybe I'm just missing something.

• Cool 1

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,989 battles

Arsenal:

Good for people that missed earning them that those three unique commanders are available under the new commanders tab.

Shame that most of the things under the Royal Navy tab are signals that the coupons can't be applied to (plus the two options for Union Jack camouflage, with the same caveat). Expect it's a lot cheaper to buy the signals for Sovereigns than Coal, while the former is available, but I want to use my coupon in the wrong shop and (when refused) demand to speak to a manager while holding up a long queue at the checkout!

Players
256 posts
3,139 battles

Can you drop the fog effect in the London port ? All it does is obscure the details of the buildings, does not get thicker with distance, and with a partial blue sky above, it's unconvincing.  That said, I'm glad the perennial fairgrounds and fireworks have gone.  Maybe have those back temporarily during Christmas and New Year ?  In fact, you could add some temporary Christmas decorations to all your ports during that period, and then return them to 'normal and every-day' for the rest of the year.

Sorry, have gone a bit off topic. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[FID]
Players
2 posts
5,150 battles

After downloading 16gb of data, I've been trying for the last two hours to get on the test server. It keeps directing me to customer support, unfortunately there's nothing in customer support about the test server nor is there any way of cheking if the server is down or anything. Wouldn't it be a good idea if wargaming posted server updates? Most of the games I play tell you the server status before you login, in case they are doing server maintenance. It'd be nice to know if was due to server maintenance or the server was malfunctioning for whatever reason.

[ANV]
Players
370 posts
7,267 battles

London Port is pretty poor with or without fog... would prefer Scapa Flow tbph, or Portsmouth or Southampton.... 

• Cool 1

[CG]
Beta Tester
3 posts
6,398 battles
On 30/08/2018 at 10:37 PM, Olr_Relic said:

You need to remove the mini-map aim point indicator that you added. It makes it far to easy to target ships via the mini map. BBs are easy in a storm as they are so big.

I agree this should never have been in the game to begin with...

4 hours ago, Stronginthearms said:

Port of London was NEVER a Naval port, it is/was  a mercantile port, please get it right WoW  

Yes it is the home of HMS Belfast but for a British Military port it should be Portsmouth as this is the home of the Royal Navy.

• Cool 2

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Players
13 posts
12,193 battles

ok,i see PTS round 2,but where is round 1? i didnt see at all ... so what the catch?

Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles
19 hours ago, Beeble1 said:

I agree this should never have been in the game to begin with...

Yes it is the home of HMS Belfast but for a British Military port it should be Portsmouth as this is the home of the Royal Navy.

I agree. I lived for a time in "Pompey". It would make a good port. You could have views of the base itself, HMS Victory (flagship of some Admiral called Nelson) and the Solent Forts.

At the same time a huge shout of respect to Plymouth/Devonport. Another great naval base with links to Drake, Hawkins and other Sea Dogs! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Players
13 posts
12,193 battles
12 hours ago, Klopirat said:

it was one week ago...as usual...

but it didnt show up... i was in game every day and i didnt see any notification.And u dont have on News feed at all... 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,394 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Nesha77 sagte:

but it didnt show up... i was in game every day and i didnt see any notification.And u dont have on News feed at all... 

sure it did...and of course it was announced on the portal (together with the dev bulletin for 0.7.9 on the 29.8.), and as nearly always the first round began one week after the previous patch went live. Not to forget this subforum...

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,989 battles

Please coordinate better between the people who write the news posts and who set up things in the game; yet again the news post says that all the missions can be completed again and yet again that is incorrect as the only one that shows up for me is the "play one battle". I wasn't expecting, on past form, that the stars earned for Operation Dynamo would have been reset to allow the "get five-stars" mission to be repeated and the clan-base and hall-of-fame aren't missions that show up in the mission list. But I had expected to be able to do the three-victories in Arms Race again at least.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
4,551 posts
1,364 battles
16 hours ago, Johmie said:

Please coordinate better between the people who write the news posts and who set up things in the game; yet again the news post says that all the missions can be completed again and yet again that is incorrect as the only one that shows up for me is the "play one battle". I wasn't expecting, on past form, that the stars earned for Operation Dynamo would have been reset to allow the "get five-stars" mission to be repeated and the clan-base and hall-of-fame aren't missions that show up in the mission list. But I had expected to be able to do the three-victories in Arms Race again at least.

I forwarded it. Sorry for the confusion, we will try to avoid such mistakes in future.

[TTTPL]
Players
16 posts
14,816 battles

hi

question: Now we have 49 members in our Clan. What will happen when we update to Clan Base 2.0 with 30 slots?

Of course we hev oil to enlarge Clan to 50 again but till this time?

19 of my Clan members will be out or not?