MrConway

Flooding Effects & Ship Spotting Technology

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,732 posts
2,784 battles

Please leave any feedback on the new flooding effects and our improved ship spotting technology (rendering delay fix) here.

[O_P]
Players
5 posts
3,108 battles

We all know that radar cannot see through rock or around objects, it 'sees' in straight lines and nothing more. Why do WoW persist in using a type of X-Raydar? All WoW ever needed to do was make the ship which initiated its radar see through the smoke, [in other words just render the smoke in ineffective].  

• Cool 1

[WOWS]
Players
252 posts
13,635 battles
10 hours ago, _Chancer said:

We all know that radar cannot see through rock or around objects, it 'sees' in straight lines and nothing more. Why do WoW persist in using a type of X-Raydar? All WoW ever needed to do was make the ship which initiated its radar see through the smoke, [in other words just render the smoke in ineffective].  

Yeah... It can not be solved like the torpedoaiming-prediction-marker is being blocked by islands?

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,993 battles

I still feel the render delay is terrible, you see spotted ribbon and im like what have i spotted? oh a DD! Btw time  you spot him hes like 1km under his detection range. Yes radar needs to be stopped from working through islands its becoming abusive now.

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
1,005 posts
19,486 battles
On 8/31/2018 at 7:31 PM, ironhammer500 said:

I still feel the render delay is terrible, you see spotted ribbon and im like what have i spotted? oh a DD! Btw time  you spot him hes like 1km under his detection range. Yes radar needs to be stopped from working through islands its becoming abusive now.

Good luck with them fixing radar - that is way above their abilities. It would be nice, though....

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,993 battles
10 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Good luck with them fixing radar - that is way above their abilities. It would be nice, though....

It takes a few lines of code to add simple really..all they need is a check in the code like "Target behind unbreakable cover True/False, else detect target"  Simple fixed radar in one line, ofc idk how they name or code islands but im sure shells follow a island detection can be added to LoS detection if the island blocks its path.

[BHW]
Players
996 posts
2,620 battles
3 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

It takes a few lines of code to add simple really..all they need is a check in the code like "Target behind unbreakable cover True/False, else detect target"  Simple fixed radar in one line, ofc idk how they name or code islands but im sure shells follow a island detection can be added to LoS detection if the island blocks its path.

The fun part is, they already have that technology in place as the latest official "How it works" video demonstrates ...

Players
7 posts
4,162 battles

I would like to talk about spotting in particular of the planes that spot through islands. It's very annoying when you play DD and you are hidding behind an island to be spot by a plane that is on the other side of the island.

In the same way, the AA guns engage planes through islands too, it's not really realistic even if it's an arcade game and not a simulation.

Thanks you for reading me and have a nice day.

[AXIOM]
[AXIOM]
Players
9 posts
9,525 battles

I might say. The rendering, it's better. Will have to play more to confirm it. At least for me, spotting several cruisers today - and the delay was barely noticeable. However most of the tested games were 7vs7. Not many players online later in the day. Will try again tomorrow and hope for more 12 vs 12 games.

[ANV]
Players
377 posts
7,287 battles
On 9/3/2018 at 4:36 AM, ironhammer500 said:

Server load  - some bean-counter worked out it would cost more processor time resulting in needing more servers.... or resources on each server...  so radar stays as dumb and broken as it currently is until the bean-counter runs out of beans.

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,993 battles
17 hours ago, antenociti said:

Server load  - some bean-counter worked out it would cost more processor time resulting in needing more servers.... or resources on each server...  so radar stays as dumb and broken as it currently is until the bean-counter runs out of beans.

They must be on really budget servers like dual core xeons or something cause world of tanks manages fine..