MrConway

Map Updates

8 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,763 battles

Please leave any feedback on the map updates made to "North" and "Islands of Ice" in this thread.

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
513 posts
10,566 battles

Keep the old North map, it is one of the best maps in the game. Not every map should consist of dozens of little islands. It makes the maps overly crowded and confusing, they also kind of start to look the same.  Warrior's Path, Sea of Fortune, Loop see? All pretty much the same pattern with no identity. North at least has a few larger islands and some wide cover in the middle. At least I could Identify North by looking at it. Something I cannot say about the other three.

Need an idea? How about a Vulcan map? With some lava, smoke, boiling water, maybe reduced visibility, max view range 15 km. Just give us something INTERESTING to play on. Better than to waste your map design team on a space map that is only used for a few days.

[WOWS]
Players
252 posts
13,635 battles

I would like to get increased map pool instead making the same from all the maps. The naming system should be different, like "Theme - sub-title". This Way you would have e.g. "North - the Northen Lights", "North - In Summer" (The map what was changed - tittle: because if you see the northern lights you are north enough to see the sun summer only) "North - whatever the new map".

And the unused maps could go to the rarity of ocean, but still in the pool. If you care about the size of the client you could make it adjustable like extra content, and if i download it, i could be in that map, if not, i would get the mainstream only....

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Players
3 posts
3,182 battles

Heya, I managed to get stuck in a position on Islands of Ice in the Grozovoi at D9. Despite the fact that you should have empty space behind you you cannot reverse/scrape your way past the rear island. While this is isn't the original game this happened to me I managed to reproduce the situation in the training room, not sure if the angle is 100% the same but as close as I could get it. With some testing I could manage to get loose after going back and forth several times but by that time you will probably be dead since it took nearly a minute or more

shot-18.08.31_20.04.09-0004.jpg

[BLOBS]
Players
3 posts
3,182 battles

A 2nd attempt and hopefully a better highlight to show how the stern is litterally stuck on nothing

shot-18.08.31_20.18.27-0046.jpg

[BRVHT]
Players
260 posts
5,035 battles

North should be left alone, it was one of the best maps, all these maps full of little Islands are all beginning to feel the same, island of ice also now feels like a cross between tears of the desert and mountain rage, keep the maps individual, 

Players
9 posts
4,616 battles

Enjoyed the new beach effects.

No Entry for BBs daft, although some areas where only DDs can go would be realistic and start to re-balance towards them at high tier