MrConway

Thunderstorm Front in Random Battles

11 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,756 battles

Please leave any feedback on the Thunderstorm Front in Random Battles in this thread.

Beta Tester
1,088 posts
2,960 battles

Its awesome, but I have a few things to make it even more fun.

Storm Buffs.

Random radius increase and decrease.

Random movement speed and random movement

Ships

Harder to spot them, but harder for them to spot ships.

Movement speed debuff, smaller ships effected more. 

Planes travel slower, random chance to bit hit by lightning like 1%

Drops and Torp planes wider spreads and miss more.

I just feel it needs more map presence its rather easy to avoid and for those stuck in it its a nightmare, id rather it be more a larger scale thing to increase fun factor on fights.

Players
3,288 posts
15,196 battles
On 31/08/2018 at 10:38 PM, Uriens_The_Gray said:

weather calamities should affect the game more often.

They are not so kind to cruisers though, especially US cruisers.

As a cruiser main I :etc_swear: hate the cyclone effect for example, because it forces close combat which is stacked against me the vast majority of times.

Players
9 posts
4,615 battles

Very impressive and atmospheric, great in the storm as well as from a distance. Particularly impressed by the different sea effects. I wonder if the effect tends to flatten the contact range differential between different ships, which means DD loses its advantage, high tier DD play is already getting tricky with all the radar around. It means direction finder on commander skills is more important.

Players
2,109 posts
15,268 battles

Haven't seen any thunderstorms because it was nearly impossible to get into any Random battles at all without really long waiting times, probably due to the testing of the Arms Race mode and the updated Operation Dynamo, which were incentivised. This doesn't create the impression that testing the new weather effect has been overly high on the priorities list.

[ANV]
Players
359 posts
7,222 battles

Storms are excellent.... I'd also quite like to see multiple small, faster-moving Squalls, rather than a single large "storm".

And can the Storm and Snowstorm effects be made darker?  I've always had an issue over the game looking a bit too "bright and sunny" .. darker, foreboding skies, please!

[-TPF-]
Players
2,229 posts
10,582 battles

Weather events resulting in detection range reductions generally cause massive disadvantages to ships without torpedoes (US cruisers) and can give unacceptable advantages to CVs. If you've not had feedback from players in numerous games involving CVs then you've not tested this properly: CVs can perma spot opposing ships during bad weather in situations where their opponents have absolutely no chance of a reasonable response. This is a feature best canned until the CV rework, along with a revision to plane spotting, is complete.