Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZAMRAM

How can one be top BaseXP while doing nothing?

20 comments in this topic

[OP]
Players
41 posts
9,928 battles

Yesterday I had a game with a friend, in which:

- I did NOT do lot of damage (I did less than my friend for example)
- I did NOT do more kills than others did
- I had NOT a huge potential damage taken
- NO cap ribbons at all I believe
- I had no medals nothing special

And yet I ended up top Base XP. This was interesting as it countered everything I knew about Base XP!
 could not explain why and me and my friend went thinking what it could be...
But we couldnt figure it out! He had more damage dealt than me, more caps, more everything!
Still he ended a few spots lower in that particular game!

How can a player with less damage, less kills, less caps and less potential damage taken, end up top BaseXP earner???

WG is not telling us everything! If you have any information on this please share with us, thanks cheers.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,232 posts
336 battles
2 minutes ago, ZAMRAM said:

And yet I ended up top Base XP. This was interesting as it countered everything I knew about Base XP!
But we couldnt figure it out! He had more damage dealt than me, more caps, more everything!

How can a player with less damage, less kills, less caps and less potential damage taken, end up top BaseXP earner???

WG is not telling us everything! If you have any information on this please share with us, thanks cheers.

apsolute dmg is irelevant - %DMG is what counts.....20K dmg on dd with 21 k will give you more exp than 90k on BBs who has 105 k.

• Cool 4

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,216 posts
6,518 battles

Each ship has it's own modifier. So you could do exactly the same as someone else and get more/less because of the ship.

We don't know exactly what the modifiers are, but we do know they were changed (patch notes for one patch listed increases/decreases to ships XP).

One of the seasons of ranked that was tier 7 the Sims was very popular because it has such a high modifier - you could get a cap and do a little damage and still get 2k base xp (And therefore save a star on a loss)

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,932 posts
17,492 battles

Yeah, just what @veslingr said. Also were you perhaps bottom tier? One gets extra points for any damage done to higher tier ships...:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
1,830 posts
6,999 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

apsolute dmg is irelevant - %DMG is what counts.....20K dmg on dd with 21 k will give you more exp than 90k on BBs who has 105 k.

Also some ships have a built in xp muliplyer like sims that was used a lot in ranked because it was so easy to keep a star with it.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,232 posts
336 battles
Just now, piet11111 said:

Also some ships have a built in xp muliplyer like sims that was used a lot in ranked because it was so easy to keep a star with it.

yes...if OP would say what ship it was it would help

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,428 posts
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

This.

There is also spotting damage to take into account and the amount of potential damage thrown at you, both of which can add to your XP total.

Players
28 posts
14,607 battles

He was using a Henry and camping at the back ;) while I was in the Z52. Did the capping, sunk ships, spotted and did more damage than him. He finished top, I was 3rd I think. Big difference in XP though. 

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
716 posts
11,869 battles

Did the team lose? I've had some games where I haven't done much, yet ended high up on xp because the team was probably that bad.

Not sure how much spotting damage and potential damage is in proportion to xp gained, but having high potential damage with low damage output doesn't propel a performance up the xp table.  Actual damage might be more important than potential damage. Similarly, high spotting damage with low damage output doesn't appear to be that significant either. %ship damage seems to be the biggest factor, and capping does very well too (maybe less for BB's). The fatal blow doesn't seems so significant either (and shouldn't be too significant since kills are usually a team effort).

[CATS]
Players
19,847 posts
12,377 battles
32 minutes ago, ZAMRAM said:

By not doing nothing....

Screenshots of the result screens would make explaining very easy.

Without them, we can only speculate...

Players
28 posts
14,607 battles

We won. It was a great match (for a change ;) ) really close. I smoked a Seattle which enabled him to wreck a Yammy that was pushing. Good teamwork throughout and could have gone either way at the end. 

[NED]
Players
4,374 posts
12,045 battles

Indeed without screenshots it's very hard to draw conclusions. Perhaps OP managed to score some hits on DD's who nearly finished capping. Hitting DD's and defending caps are AFAIK very good for base XP income.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,232 posts
336 battles
45 minutes ago, Moosealoob said:

He was using a Henry and camping at the back ;) while I was in the Z52. Did the capping, sunk ships, spotted and did more damage than him. He finished top, I was 3rd I think. Big difference in XP though. 

well no matter the class....if he did more %DMG to ships than you he will get more EXP:

cap EXP got Nerf to hell so you capping means crap, also spotting dmg

couple days ago i had 3 solo caps, 200.000 sporting dmg and was last on EXP earning becasue i did like 20k dmg to BBs..we won that is what only matters to me :)

[FJAKA]
Players
2,232 posts
336 battles
42 minutes ago, Moosealoob said:

We won. It was a great match (for a change ;) ) really close. I smoked a Seattle which enabled him to wreck a Yammy that was pushing. Good teamwork throughout and could have gone either way at the end. 

see....you did more %DMG (cruiser vs BBs)...thats why you are infront

[BUSHI]
Players
3,668 posts
19,042 battles
24 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

defending caps are AFAIK very good for base XP income.

Last ranked game in Gearing. All 4 caps by me (160/160), 11 cap defending (1/4 of all), good DMG as DD, 2 kills. From the game start almost sole ship which played for objectives. Score ? Of course  - sniping Zao was the first, so making DMG > then playing for objectives in terms of XP and the best ships for collect XP are sniping fire starters.

shot-18_08.30_02_55.27-0064.thumb.jpg.ae5fe011e8b8ccc3dcb688fa9c148694.jpg

shot-18_08.30_02_57.29-0506.thumb.jpg.6ccde1cb0fbb7eb061365cf727e1fb9b.jpg

[FJAKA]
Players
2,232 posts
336 battles
23 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Last ranked game in Gearing. All 4 caps by me (160/160), 11 cap defending (1/4 of all), good DMG as DD, 2 kills. From the game start almost sole ship which played for objectives. Score ? Of course  - sniping Zao was the first, so making DMG > then playing for objectives in terms of XP and the best ships for collect XP are sniping fire starters.

shot-18_08.30_02_55.27-0064.thumb.jpg.ae5fe011e8b8ccc3dcb688fa9c148694.jpg

shot-18_08.30_02_57.29-0506.thumb.jpg.6ccde1cb0fbb7eb061365cf727e1fb9b.jpg

as Zao does not have high caliber, or confederate or eaven 60k dmg from fire it is clear that he did not do much dmg and you did your 60 k to BBs mostly.....so if he did 13 k to DD he will beat you on EXP......as stated before cap EXP is nerfed to ground and means crap in terms of EXP, cap defennding is the same as cap points.

also i HAVE FEELING (so not a proof) that heal-able DMG gives less exp...so if you have alot of flood dmg....

p.s. yesterday i had 8 ranked games.....only 2 wins....but other 6 i was first....DM....killling DDs and cruisers mostly....so no, sniping on BBs is not only way to bi on top.....40 k on cruiser will give you more EXP than 100 k on BBs....

• Cool 1

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
2 hours ago, ZAMRAM said:

Did you play in Yamato or or Montana or Dm or something from first 2 tree that was release in game ??

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles

3 hours ago, Moosealoob said:

2 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Perhaps you attacked and sunk a ship which it's one or two tiers higher than you? That gives alot of xp.

I would love to see your list of ships that are one or two tiers higher than the Henri IV.

[TTT]
Players
4,599 posts
8,081 battles
17 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

I would love to see your list of ships that are one or two tiers higher than the Henri IV.

Stalingrad? that should count, right? at least according to popular opinion... :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 3

Sign in to follow this